Conquer Club

Tip`s for the Mods and Techs...

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

Tip`s for the Mods and Techs...

Postby Crazy Frog on Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 pm

If we as players (who pay a sum every year for the sight to continue) Had a small amount of "Credit Chips" at our disposal that would not be of value to use specifically... But that had a monetary value attached when "Given to Mods and Techs" who are actively trying to help out with issues in the running / maintenance of the site.. or implementation of suggestions... or new maps etc...

To the point... we as players could ~Throw a Chip ~ at someone whom we appreciate...

Then at the end of the month the site could post a list of the people who who were tipped... and why... what suggestions or advances they worked on...

We could all then look at the list... and maybe decide on several people who would get some Kudos...

It would Be all warm and fuzzy...
Sergeant 1st Class Crazy Frog

Re: Tip`s for the Mods and Techs...

Postby 72o on Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:57 pm

Whose money are you talking about giving away? Your own?
Sergeant 72o

Postby agentcom on Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:59 pm

72o wrote:Whose money are you talking about giving away? Your own?

I believe he's talking about the site's money. Which means all the premiums' money. While I would have no qualms about taking some money from this site if users thought that I had earned it, I don't think this incentive system would be the best measure of what mods/admin do on this site.

For example, I have a great supervisor rdsrds2120, who rarely swings by Suggestions. I run stuff by him, though, so I would probably have to "tip out" a portion to him. Sure wait staff in restaurants does this, but there's kind of an accepted system based on percentages and what the person (host, busser, dishwasher, bartender) has done for you.

Second, I'd say easily the most commonly known mods are those over in Discussions. They'd end up getting a bunch of tips every time they told someone annoying to shut up. The incentive would be there to do what is popular rather than what is right.

Third, a similar problem might affect the C&A mods. We wouldn't want people to get paid for decisions in that arena.

Fourth, as the name "Discussion" implies, the Discussion Forum doesn't really help this site run. The other parts of the Forum, where the work happens, are much less popular. I think we need to encourage people and mods to be in C&A, Suggs, Foundry, Tech rather than Discussion. I think your suggestion would have the opposite effect.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:44 pm

I like the fact that you are taking an initiative, Crazy Frog. We need more people like you on this site.
As agentcom pointed out, however, corruption would most likely rear its ugly head if this were enacted as stated. Maybe you can adjust the suggestion accordingly?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:04 pm

What is we made a "like" system or a "fame" system where you can fame or like someone every day but not the same person more than once in a month.. Similar idea but for all cc peeps :P
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:35 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:What is we made a "like" system or a "fame" system where you can fame or like someone every day but not the same person more than once in a month.. Similar idea but for all cc peeps :P

I like it.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 pm

I just assumed it was a sort of valueless virtual 'tipping' system...

But I don't think it would really be fair for the other mods, if you know what I mean ;)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby kentington on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:46 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I just assumed it was a sort of valueless virtual 'tipping' system...

But I don't think it would really be fair for the other mods, if you know what I mean ;)

-Sully

You mean the ones like me who lock popular threads because they get out of hand? :)
I think I would always be stuck with negative votes, but who knows maybe there are those who are less outspoken who actually appreciate it.
Bruceswar ยป Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:59 pm wrote:We all had tons of men..
Sergeant kentington

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:56 am

kentington wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I just assumed it was a sort of valueless virtual 'tipping' system...

-Sully

You mean the ones like me who lock popular threads because they get out of hand? :)
I think I would always be stuck with negative votes, but who knows maybe there are those who are less outspoken who actually appreciate it.

Sully would probably donate his pile of tips to charity...

Kent, I'd throw you a tip if not only to keep you guessing. ;)

This suggestion would actually be pretty fun but difficult as well. I'm already thinking who should gain my hard earned virtual money.
Of course, we would have to be given lumps of coal to be dispersed as well. Or maybe bags of dog-doo lit on fire?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 am

Ok.. now your thinking... Or maybe our choice of whether we "Leave tip quietly with no notice" Or "Toss it in the Spitoon" (Clang!!!)
The delivery system could be a fun part of it.. maybe do that with a simple note attached to the kudo chip.

Discussion...

As for incentivating the wrong junk... or wrong people... well... Hmmmm.... I dont know...

Postby 72o on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:05 am

Another forum I used to frequent, that was built on the same phpBB platform, had an addon where you had virtual "chips" (it was a poker/poker tables/general guy stuff/home improvement forum). You could send people this virtual money if you wanted. Obviously it was primarily used to gamble, but theoretically could be used for what you're talking about here. There was a "payday" where each user got more money once a week, and a banking system where you could earn interest on it, or take out a loan.

perfectmancave.com
Sergeant 72o

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:38 pm

72o wrote:Another forum I used to frequent, that was built on the same phpBB platform, had an addon where you had virtual "chips" (it was a poker/poker tables/general guy stuff/home improvement forum). You could send people this virtual money if you wanted. Obviously it was primarily used to gamble, but theoretically could be used for what you're talking about here. There was a "payday" where each user got more money once a week, and a banking system where you could earn interest on it, or take out a loan.

perfectmancave.com

Sounds complicated and on this site...
But who knows, it could be a big success if enacted.
Ok, maybe what would be best would be star stickers like in first grade. Once a month premium members would get a star and they could "stick" it on whomever they wanted. Also sort of like the buckeye stickers on football helmets.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Crazy Frog on Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:08 pm

"I want a star to stick on someone... and I`m gonna Close _____`s Mouth with It!!!"

yes... that could be fun... :-)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:11 pm

I'm in favor of something like this for two reasons:
  • It let's the community and higher ups know which mods are trying and doing things that deserve recognition and which are slacking.
    • Community would know who to turn to for help and who they can count on easier.
    • Higher ups would know who to kick to the curb for being lazy
  • It would make me feel all warm and fuzzy. :D

If this were implemented, I would suggest reseting the tips or counter or whatever every so often. Maybe every 3-6 months.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:28 am

chapcrap wrote:I'm in favor of something like this for two reasons:
  • It let's the community and higher ups know which mods are trying and doing things that deserve recognition and which are slacking.
    • Community would know who to turn to for help and who they can count on easier.
    • Higher ups would know who to kick to the curb for being lazy
  • It would make me feel all warm and fuzzy. :D

If this were implemented, I would suggest reseting the tips or counter or whatever every so often. Maybe every 3-6 months.

I agree, for those people who had lots of "tips" we would at least know they were actively involved on here. I don't think it would turn into a popularity contest either, the people who would vote would be those who were directly affected by the mod/tech in question. Well, maybe Sully would get some for popularity's sake but he's the exception to the rule. :P
Btw, I was kidding about the lumps of coal, that is NOT a good idea.
As far as the unsung mods/techs not getting votes, I think they may be surprised to find that they are appreciated but if they don't make themselves known in the community in some form or other they will naturally get overlooked. Its also up to the mods/techs to give public thanks to those who are helping out in ways not obvious to us players.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Return to Archived Suggestions