Conquer Club

IT'S ABOUT TO FINALLY HAPPEN...

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Re: 199 Victories... FINAL CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:23 am

Funkyterrance wrote:Cocky S.O.B. isn't he?
Maybe I should take a picture of my butt and make a caption about the moon...

lol... not meaning to be cocky... just trying to share what I consider to be an interesting picture with a bit of a funny note at the same time... guess that one didn't work so well for you. Your idea is interesting but you might have to pm that particular entry to Robinette instead of posting it here :lol: . On a more serious note I personally would like to see you get in the game as well because I find your contributions to be very refreshing and witty. Catch you around the Forums some more hopefully. Also why don't you pop into Live Chat sometimes?
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:39 am

He does come to Live Chat! I've seen him there many times!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:16 am

trinicardinal wrote:

lol... not meaning to be cocky... just trying to share what I consider to be an interesting picture with a bit of a funny note at the same time... guess that one didn't work so well for you. Your idea is interesting but you might have to pm that particular entry to Robinette instead of posting it here :lol: . On a more serious note I personally would like to see you get in the game as well because I find your contributions to be very refreshing and witty. Catch you around the Forums some more hopefully. Also why don't you pop into Live Chat sometimes?

Yeah I do visit lc from time to time but sometimes I get a little turned off by the subject matter. It's nothing particularly offensive, just not my cup of tea.
Also, feel free to take comments like mine quoted above with a grain of salt. You've got to consider the source. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

Yeah I do visit lc from time to time but sometimes I get a little turned off by the subject matter. It's nothing particularly offensive, just not my cup of tea.
Also, feel free to take comments like mine quoted above with a grain of salt. You've got to consider the source. ;)

Well quite frankly, considering the source, I took the comment with a pound of salt rather than a pinch. Turns out it was a little too much so I figured I needed to add some sugar to even it up a bit ;)
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:53 pm

trinicardinal wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:
trinicardinal wrote:

Well quite frankly, considering the source, I took the comment with a pound of salt rather than a pinch. Turns out it was a little too much so I figured I needed to add some sugar to even it up a bit ;)

Maybe add some chili powder for a little 'spice', if you know what I mean ;)

-Sully

P.S. I actually have no idea what we're talking about... :?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:05 pm

trinicardinal wrote:Well quite frankly, considering the source, I took the comment with a pound of salt rather than a pinch. Turns out it was a little too much so I figured I needed to add some sugar to even it up a bit ;)

Very wise of you.

This is really starting to sound like any time I try my hand at cooking.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby trinicardinal on Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:11 pm

[quote="Funkyterrance"

Very wise of you.

This is really starting to sound like any time I try my hand at cooking.[/quote]

We probably get our recipes in the same place.... I knew there was a reason my wife tells me to stay out of the kitchen.
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Lol Trinicardinal...

I take full responsibility for highjacking this thread and feel so guilty that I feel I should be stripped of any chance of winning the competition for doing such.
Maybe Trinicardinal needs to make another photo montage to get us back on track?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby KoolBak on Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:05 am

Robin....I hereby call for YOUR submission! Now gimme the keys to all them cars!!! :twisted:
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant KoolBak

Postby Robinette on Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:28 pm

trinicardinal wrote:

Heed tricardinals words Terrance...
I have continued to hold this open to give you a chance to get into this game...
but the time draws near...
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Robinette on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:49 pm

KoolBak wrote:Robin....I hereby call for YOUR submission! Now gimme the keys to all them cars!!! :twisted:

hahaha... KOOOOOL!!! where ya been hiding?

So i suppose you are right, that i too should submit something,,,
of course, being that i am the judge, it wouldn't need to be much!
But that's not my style, so I will set a good example, solely to encourage you and others to do the same...

mnnnnnn... now ordinarily, i would make heavy use of pics to tell a story,
but tricardinal has taken that prize already... so what to do, what to do, what to doooo....

Another serious war story? a love story perhaps? no, perhaps humor... yes, we need something funny here...
a classic joke modified to tie in the players, and potential players, for this game...

Well... Here it is, in the next post:
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Robinette on Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Victor Sullivan interrupts Satan... "Sir, I have big news"..

"What is it, Victor? Has AndyDefresne succeeded in helping our dice demons achieved their evil objectives? Have we relocated Seulessliathan to Belgium? Have we quenched more hideous maps? Is my bastard redneck son Koolbak returning my truck?"

"No sir, there was fantastic crash, and all of the posters in the 199 victories thread have been killed"

A jubilant Satan, allowing his quilt of souls to fall to the floor, jumps from his chair and begins to plan excitedly...

"Uh sir, I regret to inform you that not ALL of them are here... some, er.. well... went to... errr... you know, the other pl--"
Victor, having been impaled by Satan's pitchfork, falls to the floor... "I thought funkyterrance assured me we owned them ALL, damn it..." shouts an infuriated Satan.

Janomike steps in to encourage Satan by informing him that 3 of the victims are already ready in the next room, and that other demons were working feverishly to prepare another room for the others.

"FINE! let's see what we've got", Satan replies to Janomike as they approach the specially prepared room.

In the room, we find Woodruff, Tricardinial and Fruitcake. All three guys are a little confused at their present situation. All three are even more startled to see a door in the wall open, and behind the door was perhaps the ugliest woman they had ever seen. She was 3'4", dirty, and you could smell her even over the Fire and Brimstone.

The evil voice of the Devil was heard, "Woofruff, you have sinned!
You are condemned to spend the rest of eternity in bed with this woman!"
And Woodruff was whisked through the door by a group of lesser demons to his eternal torment.

This understandably shook up Tricardinial and Fruitcake, and so they both jumped when a second door opened, and then they saw an even more disgusting example of womanhood gone wrong. She was over 7' tall, monstrous, covered in thick black hair,and flies circled her.
The voice of the Devil was heard, "Tricardinial, you have sinned!
And Tricardinial, like Woodruff, was whisked off, to spend an even worse eternal torment.

Fruitcake
, now alone, felt understandably anxious, and feared the worst when the third door opened. And as the door inched open, he strained to see the figure of the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on, with flowing hair, shapely curves, all in perfect proportion...

Delighted, Fruitcake jumps up, taking in the sight of this beautiful woman, dressed in a skimpy bikini. Then he heard the voice of the Devil saying:
"squishyg, you have sinned...."
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:14 pm

Very entertaining, great punchline. I give it an 8.5!
Very good form but I had to deduct points for the redundant nature of satan's cry of "damn it!".
However, I can honestly say you deserve your seat.

Cheers,
-FT
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 15, 2012 5:41 pm

Ha! Fantastic!

See you in hell,

-Lord Foulgrin Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Robinette on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:55 pm

REVISED TO INCLUDE THE ADDITIONAL SUBMISSIONS

Thank you one and all for the submissions...
I enjoyed them all, and wished there was room for more of you.
But there can be only 6 at this table, and...

FIVE OF THE SIX SEATS ARE LOCKED IN

Late entries will still be accepted
to be considered for the final seat, and as alternates if someone has to decline.

Well here we go, First, the 5 that are locked in:

WOODRUFF
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177339&start=1

SQUISHYG
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177339&start=94

TRINICARDINAL
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177339&start=111

SEULESSLIATHAN sadly, Seul is going on a very long holiday, and cannot join us
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177339&start=119

ROBINETTE
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=177339&start=136

WHICH MEANS THERE ARE NOW 2 SEATS TO FILL,
from the list of 3 below...

JANOMIKE
Janomike wrote:200 Siege, stolze Zahl
nun hast du die Qual der Wahl.

Wählst du mich so werde ich,
dich besiegen sicherlich.

Tust du es nicht ist für mich klar
dass es Angst vor mir nur war.

Ok so i added a german poem as well, will give you the translation
as soon as im on your list :)

FRUITCAKE
Fruitcake wrote:I would like to join this party for one simple inescapable reason.

Whenever one is seated across from Robin, one is always assured of a very strong opposition. It is by playing such games that one hones the skills required to win more.

VICTOR SULLIVAN
Victor Sullivan wrote:Personally, Robinette, I think you have one of the most difficult medals to achieve in all of Conquer Club: your specific General Contribution medal. No one can even attempt to fill the slot you'd leave empty, should you ever leave. How can an institution stay standing if its foundation gives out? How can a daisy show its petals in the spring if it has no roots to absorb the nutrients it needs? It takes a certain kind of person to have such an impact with no tools.

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure if I deserve to be in your game. You should have your game be a game for those that have contributed as you have, like AndyDufresne, Woodruff, and Fruitcake.

I'm just the Newsletter guy.
-Sully
Last edited by Robinette on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Brigadier Robinette

Postby squishyg on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:41 am

It's a rare sense of accomplishment to beat Robinette. Here's hoping I get another notch on my belt. :twisted:
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Re: 199 Victories... WE NEED TO BUMP SOMEBODY

Postby Robinette on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:04 pm

So who should it be?

3 people vying for the 2 remaining seats....

So who should we leave behind?

Shall it be the poet? Shall it be the factual brit? Shall it be he who flatters?

JANOMIKE
Janomike wrote:200 Siege, stolze Zahl
nun hast du die Qual der Wahl.

Wählst du mich so werde ich,
dich besiegen sicherlich.

Tust du es nicht ist für mich klar
dass es Angst vor mir nur war.

Ok so i added a german poem as well, will give you the translation
as soon as im on your list :)

FRUITCAKE
Fruitcake wrote:I would like to join this party for one simple inescapable reason.

Whenever one is seated across from Robin, one is always assured of a very strong opposition. It is by playing such games that one hones the skills required to win more.

VICTOR SULLIVAN
Victor Sullivan wrote:Personally, Robinette, I think you have one of the most difficult medals to achieve in all of Conquer Club: your specific General Contribution medal. No one can even attempt to fill the slot you'd leave empty, should you ever leave. How can an institution stay standing if its foundation gives out? How can a daisy show its petals in the spring if it has no roots to absorb the nutrients it needs? It takes a certain kind of person to have such an impact with no tools.

If I'm going to be perfectly honest, I'm not even sure if I deserve to be in your game. You should have your game be a game for those that have contributed as you have, like AndyDufresne, Woodruff, and Fruitcake.

I'm just the Newsletter guy.
-Sully
Brigadier Robinette

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:45 pm

The funny thing is that only by process of elimination could I determine which was which.

I know for a fact that Fruitcake is British, the other delineating qualities are up for serious debate.

At any rate, I vote for Sully. He's cooler.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby squishyg on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:15 am

i vote for sully and fruity!
There is no fog rule and I am no gentleman.
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:33 am

I almost wish Robinette wouldn't choose, so we could keep on debating and chatting, haha.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:05 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:I almost wish Robinette wouldn't choose, so we could keep on debating and chatting, haha.

-Sully

Well, if this were an opera Robinette would be hit on the head and fall into a deep sleep, waking up healthy but finding she had a rare form of amnesia which erased all of her knowledge of cc yet left the rest of her mind unaffected. Then all could argue over who she was going to choose. I'm betting I could twist the facts enough so that not only would I be one of the chosen players but would also have the privilege of choosing my opponents. Robinette would no longer be a threat for obvious reasons and I would have a solid chance at taking the victory and being lifted and carried on my litter to the reception hall, hailed by the cheers of the masses.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby trinicardinal on Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:I almost wish Robinette wouldn't choose, so we could keep on debating and chatting, haha.

-Sully

Well, if this were an opera Robinette would be hit on the head and fall into a deep sleep, waking up healthy but finding she had a rare form of amnesia which erased all of her knowledge of cc yet left the rest of her mind unaffected. Then all could argue over who she was going to choose. I'm betting I could twist the facts enough so that not only would I be one of the chosen players but would also have the privilege of choosing my opponents. Robinette would no longer be a threat for obvious reasons and I would have a solid chance at taking the victory and being lifted and carried on my litter to the reception hall, hailed by the cheers of the masses.

Wait - are you related to a red haired girl that has trouble sleeping?
Captain trinicardinal

Postby laughingcavalier on Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Idea. If Robinette gave up her seat, then all three of these deserving cases would get a chance to play.
Major laughingcavalier

Postby Mr Changsha on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Robinette wrote:Victor Sullivan interrupts Satan... "Sir, I have big news"..

"What is it, Victor? Has AndyDefresne succeeded in helping our dice demons achieved their evil objectives? Have we relocated Seulessliathan to Belgium? Have we quenched more hideous maps? Is my bastard redneck son Koolbak returning my truck?"

"No sir, there was fantastic crash, and all of the posters in the 199 victories thread have been killed"

A jubilant Satan, allowing his quilt of souls to fall to the floor, jumps from his chair and begins to plan excitedly...

"Uh sir, I regret to inform you that not ALL of them are here... some, er.. well... went to... errr... you know, the other pl--"
Victor, having been impaled by Satan's pitchfork, falls to the floor... "I thought funkyterrance assured me we owned them ALL, damn it..." shouts an infuriated Satan.

Janomike steps in to encourage Satan by informing him that 3 of the victims are already ready in the next room, and that other demons were working feverishly to prepare another room for the others.

"FINE! let's see what we've got", Satan replies to Janomike as they approach the specially prepared room.

In the room, we find Woodruff, Tricardinial and Fruitcake. All three guys are a little confused at their present situation. All three are even more startled to see a door in the wall open, and behind the door was perhaps the ugliest woman they had ever seen. She was 3'4", dirty, and you could smell her even over the Fire and Brimstone.

The evil voice of the Devil was heard, "Woofruff, you have sinned!
And Woodruff was whisked through the door by a group of lesser demons to his eternal torment.

This understandably shook up Tricardinial and Fruitcake, and so they both jumped when a second door opened, and then they saw an even more disgusting example of womanhood gone wrong. She was over 7' tall, monstrous, covered in thick black hair,and flies circled her.
The voice of the Devil was heard, "Tricardinial, you have sinned!
And Tricardinial, like Woodruff, was whisked off, to spend an even worse eternal torment.

Fruitcake
, now alone, felt understandably anxious, and feared the worst when the third door opened. And as the door inched open, he strained to see the figure of the most beautiful woman he had ever laid eyes on, with flowing hair, shapely curves, all in perfect proportion...

Delighted, Fruitcake jumps up, taking in the sight of this beautiful woman, dressed in a skimpy bikini. Then he heard the voice of the Devil saying:
"squishyg, you have sinned...."

Made me guffaw...always a good thing.

Good luck with achieving your 200th win. Though I do worry you are setting yourself up for that most horrendous of eventualities: the extremely public failure. If you lose, one must assume you will create a new thread and no doubt many (not me of course...oh no) will desire to play. But what if you yet again crash and burn with the regularity that only standard escalating players can really achieve? Do you continue with the public thread? Do nasty trolls (not me of course...oh no) start naming you 'hospital case' Robinette? Do you become known as the 'girl who kept losing? I remember your 23 game losing streak. Who could forget it? I wept for you as much as I prayed for your gaming soul. The dice gods were not kind to you then and it was whispered - probably by my more zealous bretheren in the Order of the Naked Dice - that they punished you for your vanity, as well as your promotion of a standard game that has turned risk into but a glorified version of checkers.

Of your 3 remaining candidates may I suggest woodruff for cannon fodder and have the other two face off in a best of 3 on the most unsuitable settings you can find. My suggestion would be freestyle, standard, trench, no cards, fog on Hive.
Colonel Mr Changsha

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Mr Changsha wrote:
Made me guffaw...always a good thing.

Good luck with achieving your 200th win. Though I do worry you are setting yourself up for that most horrendous of eventualities: the extremely public failure. If you lose, one must assume you will create a new thread and no doubt many (not me of course...oh no) will desire to play. But what if you yet again crash and burn with the regularity that only standard escalating players can really achieve? Do you continue with the public thread? Do nasty trolls (not me of course...oh no) start naming you 'hospital case' Robinette? Do you become known as the 'girl who kept losing? I remember your 23 game losing streak. Who could forget it? I wept for you as much as I prayed for your gaming soul. The dice gods were not kind to you then and it was whispered - probably by my more zealous bretheren in the Order of the Naked Dice - that they punished you for your vanity, as well as your promotion of a standard game that has turned risk into but a glorified version of checkers.

Of your 3 remaining candidates may I suggest woodruff for cannon fodder and have the other two face off in a best of 3 on the most unsuitable settings you can find. My suggestion would be freestyle, standard, trench, no cards, fog on Hive.

It's good fun raining on a parade isn't it Mr.? ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

PreviousNext

Return to Conquer Club Discussion