Conquer Club

More points for Speed Games

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

More points for Speed Games

Postby maxfaraday on Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:38 am

Concise description:
    Award more points to the winner(s) of a speed game, like 1.5 times the formula that is currently used or something like that.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Speed games NEVER fill unless it's 1vs1, assdoodle/lux or classic
    I joined a 5 players speed game on New World (which is not a complex map in my opinion, not like Das Schloss or Waterloo...) that had been waiting for players for 3 hours and one hour later nobody had joined so the member who had created this game quit and so did I.
    I then started a 7 players game on classic and it took only a few minutes to fill.
  • It will promote speed games because many(most?) people on this site care about their precious little points (I pity them but that's off-topic).
  • Some maps that are never played will have more public exposure and the creators of these maps will therefore, in a way, be rewarded for the work they put in it.
  • Like I said, lots of people want points, being high-ranked...
    So this will be an incitation to buy a premium membership;
    Lack if you read these lines it means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Re: More points for Speed Games

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:00 am

This is not a good suggestion, just makes it easier to farm. Sadly yeah alot of people on this site don't play speed games, but the point value really won't affect it much, you'll have the same people playing and honestly I would stop playing speed games if there was a point increase, means more to lose for people with high ranks, so all those guys would stop playing.
Offsite to 12/31/2023. Reach out to TheSpaceCowboy to reach me
Major Swimmerdude99

Postby maxfaraday on Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:53 am

swimmerdude99 wrote:This is not a good suggestion, just makes it easier to farm. Sadly yeah alot of people on this site don't play speed games, but the point value really won't affect it much, you'll have the same people playing and honestly I would stop playing speed games if there was a point increase, means more to lose for people with high ranks, so all those guys would stop playing.

Then maybe extra points if you win, but no penalty if you lose?
Perhaps that could do the trick...
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby darth emperor on Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:04 pm

But that doesn't arrenge the problem. Maybe is true, that more people will join speed maps, but I think it will be the same, 1v1, dooble, lux.... only more of this games, the problem, is that a 7 player game is would take a lot of time, so people ussually don't join them. Maybe the problem would be solved, if you could convert a speed into a casual game, which is in lack's list but not implemented
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby chapcrap on Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:58 pm

All game types should be even. I don't like this.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:27 pm

This isn't going to happen. The points system is a 1-for-1 system. The only way new points get brought in to the system is new players joining. You'd either have to have the extra 50% of points materialize out of nowhere or you'd have to take the extra from the loser. The former won't happen. The latter would probably cause high ranking players to flee from speed games and won't happen either.

REJECTED.
Brigadier agentcom

Return to Archived Suggestions