[Abandoned] Field of Gettysburg v04p4nov22

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Field of Gettysburg

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:46 pm

Thats great news pamoa. Now that is one thing you can cross of your list of things to do here.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Postby pamoa on Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:39 am

koontz1973 wrote:
pamoa wrote:how would you read the map with 3 Confederate and 7 Union arrows all over the map to end on the 2 Army Commanders
Sorry, I meant for the Anderson to Hill connections. A small arrow head at the end to denote it is one way would suffice.
it is only the Confederate Corp Commander to Confederate Army Commander (Lee) link which is one way
the Confederate General to Confederate Corp Commander is two ways
at least for now but if you think it should be one way then tell me why
isaiah40 wrote:I'm going to help out here a bit. I went and took a look at the link pamoa posted and it is in public domain
thanks isaiah I wasn't sure of it
however I'll try to make my own background when gameplay stamped
de gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces et donjonnée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa

Medals: 57
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Map Contribution (3)

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:39 am

pamoa wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:
pamoa wrote:how would you read the map with 3 Confederate and 7 Union arrows all over the map to end on the 2 Army Commanders
Sorry, I meant for the Anderson to Hill connections. A small arrow head at the end to denote it is one way would suffice.
it is only the Confederate Corp Commander to Confederate Army Commander (Lee) link which is one way
the Confederate General to Confederate Corp Commander is two ways
at least for now but if you think it should be one way then tell me why

Nope, leave it as is. But consider me one of the average players that likes to play lots of maps and if I have had this trouble understanding, consider the rest of the poor slobs. But, this is more for the game play side of the foundry. ;)
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby Flapcake on Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:18 am

Hi Pamoa, Im happy to se you goin on with Gettysburg, as minister x last atemp Unfortunately diden make it...

So lets se this one come alive :D

Good job so far

Click image to enlarge.
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Medals: 23
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (3) Map Contribution (3)

Postby sm8900 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:47 pm

sm8900 by pm wrote:if you put Stuart in on the battlefield, why not put in Custer as well? since he's the one who fought Stuart.
as I understood from this source and this this one Gregg was leading is division with the help of Custer's brigade (lower in rank)
that's why I put Gregg as higher officer
[/quote]

ok, sounds great. thanks for this great map!!!
Corporal sm8900

Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:54 pm

pamoa, can I please ask you to update the title of the thread for me.

Name, date, version number, page of current version.

koontz
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Oneyed on Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:06 am

what about to add Wheatfield between SICKLES/BIRNEY and MC LAW?

I found interesting site http://www.civilwar.org/battlefields/ge ... gemap.html

Oneyed
Sergeant 1st Class Oneyed

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby pamoa on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:06 am

well if you look more closely Wheatfield is on the map
between Sickles/Birney Peach Orchard and Sickles/Birney Cemetery Ridge
for the source thank you
I already used it as a base for this map
as I said to sm8900 in my last answer
de gueules à la tour d'argent ouverte, crénelée de trois pièces et donjonnée d'un donjon ajouré, crénelé de deux pièces
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa

Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8)
Map Contribution (3)

Postby Oneyed on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:23 am

pamoa wrote:well if you look more closely Wheatfield is on the map

I see it. I mean to move it from between Sickles/Birney Peach Orchard and Sickles/Birney Cemetery Ridge to between SICKLES/BIRNEY Peach Orchad and MC LAW.

I think you should use battlefields for fightfields, because name of map is Field of Gettysburg, not Battlefield of Gettysburg.

Oneyed

Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby pamoa on Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:57 am

pamoa wrote:well if you look more closely Wheatfield is on the map
Oneyed wrote:I see it. I mean to move it from between Sickles/Birney Peach Orchard and Sickles/Birney Cemetery Ridge
to between SICKLES/BIRNEY Peach Orchad and MC LAW.
well that would be geographically incorrect
as you can see here Wheatfield is situated between Peach Orchard and Little Round Top
it was Hood who attacked Wheatfield Road behind Sickles position in Peach Orchard as Mc Law attacked him frontally
so in my next version I'll move the Hood Devil's Den - Sickles/Birney Peach Orchard attack route
to Hood Devil's Den - Wheatfield Battlefield

Oneyed wrote:I think you should use battlefields for fightfields, because name of map is Field of Gettysburg, not Battlefield of Gettysburg.
I surrender ;)
Battlefields it will be
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa

Map Contribution (3)

Re: Field of Gettysburg v01p1sep7

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 am

Quick question as I know very little of this area. Was Gettysberg just a field? Is the name correct or would fields be better. Either way is fine.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby Oneyed on Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:32 am

pamoa wrote:well that would be geographically incorrect
as you can see here Wheatfield is situated between Peach Orchard and Little Round Top

my bad explaintation. I mean to move units that between unionist and confederate here will be Wheatfield.
pamoa wrote:it was Hood who attacked Wheatfield Road behind Sickles position in Peach Orchard as Mc Law attacked him frontally
so in my next version I'll move the Hood Devil's Den - Sickles/Birney Peach Orchard attack route
to Hood Devil's Den - Wheatfield Battlefield

much depends also from which hour will be your postions. this map shows how was situation shaped.
Click image to enlarge.

pamoa wrote:I surrender ;)
Battlefields it will be

:)

Oneyed

Postby pamoa on Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:58 am

I choose the starting position for two reasons
first to reflect the error Sickles made not respecting Meade orders when he choose to place himself in a position impossible to hold
and second for the gameplay I have to lower the bonuses collectable in the Union stronghold behind the Battlefields
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa

Map Contribution (3)

Postby Oneyed on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:08 am

pamoa wrote:I choose the starting position for two reasons

then (when I look at map which shows moves of armies and I read it right) Wheatfield was between unionist and confederates from the start.

do you think it is possible to made "active" map - so anyway to implement moves of armies?

Oneyed

Postby pamoa on Mon Sep 17, 2012 3:45 am

unfortunately not on CC
the map is a frozen image with gameplay trying to give the feeling of the movement it happen
Sergeant 1st Class pamoa

Map Contribution (3)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box