Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 79: 18-09-2012] lms if you like kittens!

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 79: 18-09-2012] lms if you like kittens!

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:32 pm

Welcome Comrades to the 79th edition of the Dispatch :)

199 victories but against Victor Sullivan ain't one! Conquer Club celebrity and Freemium Fighter, Robinette, is getting closer and closer to finalizing her Fabulous Five to play in a 6-player game for her potential 200th win! Confirmed players include well-known Trekkie, Woodruff, His Chattiness, trinicardinal, and former Social Media manageress, squishyg. Currently, three are in the running for the final two spots (much to the dismay of the shiny-headed man from Lipps, Inc., Funkyterrance), including German poet, Janomike, "factual brit" and Christmas brick, Fruitcake, and the potentially-schmoozing Victor Sullivan. Who will get stuck with the short end of the stick? Link

In other news (or every news, really...), politics, politics, politics! As the United States election comes closer and closer, it seems the Republican versus Democrat debates in the Off-Topics forum only increase! Do you think these topics pollute the forum, or do you enjoy the drama and debate? Whatever you think, there are some gems out there Where the Wild Things Are, including Symmetry's random music thread, Haggis_McMutton's thread for posting quotes without any context, and, of course, the long-gone amandahugandkiss's longest thread, thread.

In more personal news, I've joined a new clan called "A Question of Honour" led by tournament enthusiast and former LotZ member, kuma32478. I hope to document my experiences in my first active clan! I hope too that you'll join me, and maybe share your experiences as a clan member! In addition, I hope to take to Live Chat with some questions about strategy for high-rankers and experts to fill up the Office of Strategic Services! Just giving you a picture what might be coming up in the way of content ;)

Which brings me to some sad news! We're running very short-staffed these days! PM me or the appropriate Executive to be a Reporter or Writer for any section of the Dispatch you wish to write for. As always, we've got General Contribution Medals for our dedicated Writers and Reporters :)

As for this issue, we've got an interview from L M S, an apparently 'famous' survey of mapmakers by thehippo8, some clan mumbo-jumbo I'm still trying to get into and learn about, and our dear DaveH is back with Tip #23. Not only that, but now we've got all of DaveH's Tournament Tips in a convenient thread in the Tournaments forum! Check it out! :D

Enjoy the fruits of our laboring fingers!

Victor Sullivan
Chief Executive

P.S. We're working on our punctuality, but we thought it best to delay a couple days to publish L M S's interrogation :)
P.P.S. (or is it P.S.S.? I don't think I've ever been told which is correct :? ) kentington will be back with another Comic ConquerClub next issue and every month! :)

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello again readers. Hope those of you in school are surviving. This issue, we have another scum insider, and L M S talks about alcohol and jeans. Look forward to another 'Comic ConquerClub' by kentington next issue and every month!

You Stay Classy, CC.

safariguy5
Freestyle Executive

The Scum Insider by safariguy5
show

show: Interrogation of L M S

Hey, folks! Sully here again. Viceroy63 has come back for an issue to talk about what I'm sure many SoC Training Grounds students are oh too familiar with: Classic Standard and Classic Terminator. There's a discussion topic already in the main SoC Training Grounds forum: viewtopic.php?f=341&t=178128&view=unread#p3889733 Share your thoughts!

In other news, the Office of Strategic Services is a little short on Reporters! So many positions to fill and so many General Contribution Medals weighing down my pockets... ;) Who knows? Maybe you'll be writing the intro to this section in a few issues!

If I were your friend from the Czech Republic, you might call me your "Czech mate" :P ;)

Victor Sullivan
Strategy Executive

Classic Secrets: Standard Vs. Terminator by Viceroy63
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

I present the second part of my interview with BluU, Dave has his regular TPA Update, and James has once again done a great job of presenting Join This? Or Not!

The 23rd installment of Dave's Tournament Tips is here, but you now also be able to find them in the Tournament Info forum, more specifically here pursuant to a promise we made a while back. (Is that enough links to keep it interesting?) Thanks greenoaks for the original suggestion, chapcrap and Leehar and Victor Sullivan for all your various inputs into the process, and above all DaveH for the hard work of actually writing these!

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

Meet the Tournament Organisers BluU by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: Use of VLookup function for assigning scores.

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

Join This? Or Not! by WorldCup4James
show

Thanks once again for your patronage to that integral part of the ... hello ... hello ... hello ... is there anybody out there??? Last issue I sought some feedback but the silence is deafening :lol: Again, I say (hopefully not to an uninterested crowd) please do feel free to PM me any suggestions, views or gripes that you may have about this part of the newsletter. I'm sure that together we can only but go from strength to strength!! And just to prove that you do exist, I'm doing a little poll on the What's Where articles. Do you like the new automated gif or would you prefer to go back to our old way of doing things?

Anyway, here we are again, diligently bringing you the news, updates and insights of the Foundry. On a bright note, the Foundry is again back to doing what it does best. Providing a creative outlet for mapmakers and the CC community alike. Providing depth and meaning to the whole site!! The nice thing about the protest (yes, we haven't forgoten just yet) is that there seems to be a breath of fresh air into the Foundry. So good to see. As Michael Aquino once wrote:
One does not smash a good instrument because untrained students play it badly!
This issue I have had the pleasure of mapmakers providing answers to questions in a little survey that I put together. It's an interesting little piece that I've called The Famous Mapmakers' Survey. Between the answers themselves and the comments - this makes great reading (even if I do say so myself). Flapcake has brought another episode of his Voices From the Bin and of course Koontz1973 has continued his diligent efforts in scouring the Foundry for news and an update on the state of those maps. All in all it's been a huge fortnight. So, it's time to leave you with a few words from Saint Augustine of Hippo:
Imagine the vanity of thinking that your enemy can do you more damage than your enmity.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

The Famous Mapmakers’ Survey: First Edition by thehippo8
show

Voices from "The Bin" VOL II Flapcake
show

Foundry News koontz1973
show

Maps in Development. koontz1973
show

This issue will have a quick look at the NewComers Cup 3 for scoring and minor predictions for advancements.

Clan League 4 has all but one of the finalists for each division. In Division 2: Mythology is taking on One Step ahead, Division 3: War vs The Brethren of the Fat Mermaid, Division 4: The Fraternal Order of Exceptional Drinkers vs The New Crusade, and in Division 5: Momento Mori vs Splunkers of Hell. Division 1 is still up in the air about who will advance on. Look for a full update on this in the next issue.

Skillfusniper33
Clan Executive

NC3 Update by Skillfusniper33 (IF)
show

1v1 Bracket Update
show

CC3 Bracket Update
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of macbone. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with macbone

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 79: 18-09-2012] lms if you like kitte

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 am

Congrats to disco bandit who wins the medal!! Yes, I mispelled Thrree!!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:35 am

It's P.P.S., not P.S.S.

P.S. is Post Script (the writing after) and there can be writings after after after after, so you can go P.P.S., P.P.P.S., P.P.P.P.S. ad infinitum, but P.S.S. Post Script Script (the writings writings after) just doesn't make sense.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Victor Sullivan on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:59 am

Thanks, Dukasaur! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Always happy to be of service...:)
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Ffraid on Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:55 pm

If, by " the new automated gif" in "the What's Where articles", you mean the way the pictures cycle in "Maps in Development", I, for one, absolutely hate it. I can't even look at it (and the foundry section of the newsletter is one that I enjoy reading).
Colonel Ffraid

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:01 pm

Ffraid wrote:If, by " the new automated gif" in "the What's Where articles", you mean the way the pictures cycle in "Maps in Development", I, for one, absolutely hate it. I can't even look at it (and the foundry section of the newsletter is one that I enjoy reading).

Do you want us to go back to our old format or do you want the cylcling to be slower ... or something else?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby Ffraid on Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:23 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
Ffraid wrote:If, by " the new automated gif" in "the What's Where articles", you mean the way the pictures cycle in "Maps in Development", I, for one, absolutely hate it. I can't even look at it (and the foundry section of the newsletter is one that I enjoy reading).

Do you want us to go back to our old format or do you want the cylcling to be slower ... or something else?

Personally, I just don't like stuff that cycles. I find it annoying. And I know that's weird to say, given my current sig, but I'm only flying this in honor of the BPB, who bought me my premium. I would prefer the old format over this one, but I'm not especially attached to it for any reason and would be open to something else. Are you of the opinion that it takes up too much room or something like that? I'm curious as to what prompted the change.
Colonel Ffraid

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:06 pm

Ffraid wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

Personally, I just don't like stuff that cycles. I find it annoying. And I know that's weird to say, given my current sig, but I'm only flying this in honor of the BPB, who bought me my premium. I would prefer the old format over this one, but I'm not especially attached to it for any reason and would be open to something else. Are you of the opinion that it takes up too much room or something like that? I'm curious as to what prompted the change.

Much the same reason that your banner was created - because we could! But seriously, you aren't the first to comment and we will have a lok at that for the next issue. As to your own banner, you can always hide it in spoiler tags - that way you are still wearing the banner - but it is only displayed when people want to see it. You can then also add a substitute mini still version etc etc etc. But back to the thing at hand, partly it was to cut down on size, partly it was so that people would actually go to the Forum and look there and partly because we thought it looked hip, young and sexy!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:54 am

Looks like back to the old style map in development it is then. Thanks for letting us know.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:22 am

thehippo8 wrote:
Ffraid wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

Much the same reason that your banner was created - because we could! But seriously, you aren't the first to comment and we will have a lok at that for the next issue. As to your own banner, you can always hide it in spoiler tags - that way you are still wearing the banner - but it is only displayed when people want to see it. You can then also add a substitute mini still version etc etc etc. But back to the thing at hand, partly it was to cut down on size, partly it was so that people would actually go to the Forum and look there and partly because we thought it looked hip, young and sexy!

You're hip, young, and sexy enough for all of us!
:lol:
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Return to Newsletter Issues