Conquer Club

Crossword map

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Crossword map

Postby blind_rage on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:01 pm

just wondering if there's any advice available on how to play this map, either from a guide (which i looked for but couldn't locate), or from players experienced in this map?

never played it before so thought i'd try it to expand my horizons... map looks to have a few main choke points
Corporal blind_rage

Re: Crossword map

Postby rdsrds2120 on Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:18 pm

I wouldn't be able to sit and explain it very well, but if you'd like some practice on it, feel free to invite me to a doubles game!

-rd
Corporal 1st Class rdsrds2120

Postby blind_rage on Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:18 pm

cool ill send you a pm

still taking any other input re strategy, if there is any. and maybe its not an easy question, since so much depends on settings...
Corporal blind_rage

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:59 pm

blind_rage wrote:just wondering if there's any advice available on how to play this map, either from a guide (which i looked for but couldn't locate), or from players experienced in this map?

never played it before so thought i'd try it to expand my horizons... map looks to have a few main choke points

Run. Run away before it blinds you.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Jippd on Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:48 am

Most people can't or don't like the map because they find the connections hard to read.

It is a fairly simple map however. Usually the Blue/Red bonuses are the first to come into play followed by the green or yellow bonus areas. What settings and player count are you interested for advice on? It will change the map drastically depending on the settings you use. (as with any map)
Major Jippd

Postby jasholz on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:31 am

the corners are the key
Lieutenant jasholz

Postby Viceroy63 on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:26 pm

Woodruff wrote:
blind_rage wrote:just wondering if there's any advice available on how to play this map, either from a guide (which i looked for but couldn't locate), or from players experienced in this map?

Run. Run away before it blinds you.

Yes, Run away and don't even look back. And never go back either. LOL.
:lol:

But seriously; Any flat map that you play with no worm holes, bunny holes or ships and ports, Your best be is to find a flat edge and build from there. A corner would be better. The idea is that the flat edge is the one place you don't have to put any troops on so you can focus your troops on your battle lines or fronts.

BTW: I am working on that Guide to the maps. It is a work in progress involving much detail research gathering and organizing but I estimate that the guide should be ready to post by the year 2035. It's very long and pain staking work. LOL.
:lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Postby blind_rage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:41 am

Thought i'd post back here after a few games. very enjoyable map, and i even managed to win one game

escalating is totally winnable if you don't grab a corner and just stack up and make problems for other players... key seemed to be to pick your route extra carefully on this map, the corners are pretty easy to navigate but the middle is tricky. and as usual with flat rate or no spoils, the corners are the keys to secure, based on your initial drop...

Look forward to your guide Viceroy63, with 300+ maps i can see why you will need 20 more years to complete O:)
Corporal blind_rage

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:00 pm

blind_rage wrote:... key seemed to be to pick your route extra carefully on this map,...

YES +1

I've won and loss games that I should've lost or won, respectively, due to this.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby Viceroy63 on Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:07 pm

blind_rage wrote:Look forward to your guide Viceroy63, with 300+ maps i can see why you will need 20 more years to complete O:)

LOL. I also blame the long delay on the continuing recession. :lol:
An Unproven Hypothesis; The Rise of Ignorance.
Ultimate Proof of Creation. Click the show tab below.
show
Major Viceroy63

Location: A little back water, hill billy hick place called Earth.

Return to Conquer Club Discussion