Conquer Club

BOB 5.3.0

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: BOB 5.2.3

Postby darth emperor on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:33 am

agentcom wrote:Two things:

First, what about a button/link near the "jump to your next playable game" that says "snap and jump to next playable game." If nothing else it would be a nice reminder (I snap almost by habit now, but still). But it would also save me a click when jumping btwn games

That's a great idea! It would help alot. But wich snap? Normal snap, or chat snap?

agentcom wrote:Second, I've noticed a problem when a territory bombards a territory that can attack it. I know that there's no way to make that distinct given the current 4-sided square, but perhaps there should be a different indicator. Maybe half-lines or something. So if a territ can be bombarded by another territ and there's a two way border, you'd see a solid line across the top, the bottom half of the left and right lines and a solid line across the bottom. The other territ be the same with the half lines on the left and right coming down from the top of the square.

If territ A can bombard territ B and territ B can one way attack territ A, it would be harder. Perhaps a mouse over on territ A would yield a whole square on territ B except it would only have the top half of the right side. Mousever on B would show everything but the top half of the left side on territ A.

What I do in this cases, is read the legend that BoB gives you when you out your mouse over a region, so I can be sure if this is attack or bombard or....
Sergeant 1st Class darth emperor

Postby drunkmonkey on Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:16 am

darth emperor wrote:

First, what about a button/link near the "jump to your next playable game" that says "snap and jump to next playable game." If nothing else it would be a nice reminder (I snap almost by habit now, but still). But it would also save me a click when jumping btwn games

That's a great idea! It would help alot. But wich snap? Normal snap, or chat snap?

I honestly forgot normal snap existed. Chat snaps are there on any computer you use; I don't see the advantage of the other any more.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby ender516 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:11 am

The other snaps worked when maps were too big to fit in chat snaps, but better encoding has gotten away from this problem in most cases.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 pm

Second, I've noticed a problem when a territory bombards a territory that can attack it. I know that there's no way to make that distinct given the current 4-sided square, but perhaps there should be a different indicator. Maybe half-lines or something. So if a territ can be bombarded by another territ and there's a two way border, you'd see a solid line across the top, the bottom half of the left and right lines and a solid line across the bottom. The other territ be the same with the half lines on the left and right coming down from the top of the square.

If territ A can bombard territ B and territ B can one way attack territ A, it would be harder. Perhaps a mouse over on territ A would yield a whole square on territ B except it would only have the top half of the right side. Mousever on B would show everything but the top half of the left side on territ A.

Another part of changing how territories connect is that you need to take conditional borders into effect as well.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby agentcom on Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:36 am

darth emperor wrote:That's a great idea! It would help alot. But wich snap? Normal snap, or chat snap?

chat snaps for sure

darth emperor wrote:
What I do in this cases, is read the legend that BoB gives you when you out your mouse over a region, so I can be sure if this is attack or bombard or....

A lot of the more complicated maps are also the bigger ones. Sometimes it's hard to have all the territs and the BoB summary on the screen at the same time. But yes, I have used that. This second part isn't as big of a deal. The main problem I have is that the mouseover returns results that don't make you think to look any further. I guess I wouldn't mind if it just had a big black square around it, which would indicate that you should do some further research (read the key or read the BoB legend below the map). This could also be what conditional borders look like until a better system is invented. Honestly, I'm not sure if I like the graphical "solution" that I proposed.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby QoH on Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:00 pm

Here's something that's been bugging me recently...

Why can't I "skip" a game anymore? I try to skip, but it takes me to the same game over and over again.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Postby agentcom on Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm

QoH wrote:Here's something that's been bugging me recently...

Why can't I "skip" a game anymore? I try to skip, but it takes me to the same game over and over again.

+1

Also, something came up over in Suggestions that seems like a good idea for BoB:

Subject: Include default neutral values in map images

ThrushAAX wrote:I wonder if this would be a good addition to B.O.B. too? Having a button that toggles between showing the map and showing all the default neutral values. It already has to load and parse the XML but this way you wouldn't have to go to the map preview page or something else.

You could color code start positions, too.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby ender516 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:32 pm

agentcom wrote:
QoH wrote:Here's something that's been bugging me recently...

+1

Also, something came up over in Suggestions that seems like a good idea for BoB:

Subject: Include default neutral values in map images

ThrushAAX wrote:I wonder if this would be a good addition to B.O.B. too? Having a button that toggles between showing the map and showing all the default neutral values. It already has to load and parse the XML but this way you wouldn't have to go to the map preview page or something else.

You could color code start positions, too.

BOB does not actually parse the XML. It works entirely with the page contents as provided by the site and/or information from the game API.

Postby KiIIface on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:57 pm

Hmm just got Chrome since i can't use FF anymore. When i try to download BOB chrome tells me you can't add any extension that don't come directly from the chrome store. Does anyone know how to get around this?
Colonel KiIIface

Postby B the impaler on Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:53 pm

I had the same problem, see below:

Download the extension file from the website and save it to your computer.
Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
Select Tools > Extensions.
Locate the extension file on your computer and drag the file onto the Extensions page.
Review the list of permissions in the dialog that appears. If you would like to proceed, click Install.
Corporal 1st Class B the impaler

Postby KiIIface on Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:58 pm

Thanks a lot B! What a simple fix.
Colonel KiIIface

Postby blind_rage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:31 am

can anyone help me to get latest bob working with FF 15.0.1?

i tried all the basics like follow the instructions. its checkmarked, but still i see no bob menu

i managed to get an older version (i found 4.7.3) to sorta work, menu shows up, it just gets stuck on 'parsing XML' part

but cannot see anything with 5.2.3, i am guessing its the URL include is slightly different as 4.7.3 is http://*conquerclub.com*, and 5.2.3 is *://*conquerclub.com*???

any way i can edit the script and then import to greasemonkey when done? anyone done this before? i tried but it wasnt in jar format so it balked
Corporal blind_rage

Postby darth emperor on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:11 am

blind_rage wrote:can anyone help me to get latest bob working with FF 15.0.1?

i tried all the basics like follow the instructions. its checkmarked, but still i see no bob menu

i managed to get an older version (i found 4.7.3) to sorta work, menu shows up, it just gets stuck on 'parsing XML' part

but cannot see anything with 5.2.3, i am guessing its the URL include is slightly different as 4.7.3 is http://*conquerclub.com*, and 5.2.3 is *://*conquerclub.com*???

any way i can edit the script and then import to greasemonkey when done? anyone done this before? i tried but it wasnt in jar format so it balked

I have it as a http*://*conquerclub.com* and works fine. Also there's no need to edit (and import) the script, just go to manage scripts, select bob, options, and add a page a user setting and try all possible combinations

Postby blind_rage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:49 am

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be it, i've added http*://*conquerclub.com* and a few other permutations, restart FF, nothing still

this version of firefox does not display the http:// in the address bar, but even just www*.conquerclub.com* doesn't seem to work...

i might be able to try another browser, but that seems a bit over the top...
Corporal blind_rage

Postby darth emperor on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:32 am

blind_rage wrote:
this version of firefox does not display the http:// in the address bar, but even just www*.conquerclub.com* doesn't seem to work...

Are you talking about 15.0.1? Because I have this one and it shows... altough I think that display the http:// is an option than other thing, anyway even if it doesn't show it is there.

Maybe BoB is having problems with another addon? Deactivate the others first and check them one by one.

Also are you sure, that greasemonkey is activated? If you click in the monkey face, the decolored one is deacivated while the bright colours means activated....

Postby blind_rage on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:01 am

yes GM was activated, and i had no other addons since i re-installed GM only for this tool

happily i did fix whatever the conflict was, removed and reinstalled FF, GM, and bOB script, and now all is well.

thanks for the support Dart, and Sherkaner, sorry for pming you :>
Corporal blind_rage

Postby OPC Bokito on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:50 pm

Can i use this on my i pad?
Sergeant OPC Bokito

Postby sherkaner on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:23 am

If you find a mechanism that lets you execute additional javascript on the browser for the ipad, then it's doable. But atm I don't think it's possible. I tried it on my ipod touch 2 years back, but it didn't work right away.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby gambler21210 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:47 pm

why is my bob not working useing firefox grease monkey shows its loaded but no affect on cc unstalled it it and re installed it still does not work
Captain gambler21210

Postby imstillurdaddy on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm

i have 3 PC's all have BOB - one doesn't display the Chat Count under Game Menu - what am I missing? Thanks Daddy
Major imstillurdaddy

Postby ender516 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 am

Chat Count comes from the chatglove script, not BOB.

Postby morleyjoe on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:12 am

drunkmonkey wrote:
jbone17 wrote:Seems you can only install Extensions to Chrome from the Chrome Web Store now. But I cannot find BOB on there. Am I just missing something?

Otherwise, am I just stuck with version 5.2.0 (which happens to say "Latest Version Installed")?

I have the same problem. My HDD crashed, I got a new one, and now I can't install add-ons.

Edit: Here's the fix - http://www.howtogeek.com/120743/how-to- ... web-store/

The edit here works great for Chrome - Many Thanks!!!
show: My CC
Major morleyjoe

Postby John DM on Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:25 pm

Have Windows 7 + Firefox + Bob
Bob is working fine, But clicking on Inbox or Wall gives me a Please Login screen??
Have to go to another browser for inbox or to see anybody's wall

Don't see anybody else having this problem?
Colonel John DM

Postby ender516 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:00 pm

Log out, flush your cache, and try logging in again. If that doesn't help, try clearing all the cookies associated with Conquer Club.

Postby John DM on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:01 pm

thx, clearing the cookies & cache worked
Colonel John DM

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements