Conquer Club

Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 N3 Vodean modkilled. Day 4 begun Mr. B

Postby aage on Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Assuming the busdriver and the roleblocker are both telling the truth and town aligned, I have to unvote vote jonty. I prefer believing two players are town rather than two scum backing up so obviously for each other so far from lylo.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby vodean on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 pm

i didnt even violate rule #1. f*ck you.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby redhedge47 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:33 pm

redhedge47 wrote:Lynch all liars vote sam

Sorry bout this What I ment was Lynch all liars Unvote vote jonty
Private 1st Class redhedge47

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 2 has begun

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:08 pm

zimmah wrote:In fact i think Safari may very well be scum, and than it'd make sense in a way.

Even though i think the whole jonty case is not looking good for jonty, it all seems a bit too obvious, ofc, you can call it WIFOM, but seriously, jonty is not a bad player like that, is he?

on the other hand, safari seems to play like normal, and also seems to be on the cautious side, and with the busdrive, and assuming jonty is indeed the insane cop, the conclusion that safari must be scum is not too far fetched.

we should not hurry this day (unless deadline) as i think we're having a big web of lies here but it's quite complex, so we should try to get to the bottom of this and avoid making too many sacrifices that only lead to wifom. with the cult still there, the danger may spread faster than we think.

either way, assuming everyone who has claimed till now is telling the truth, safari is scum, and the other stories do match.

True, but then we go back to the jonty's claimed Night 1 result which was the SKer where he said he got innocent.

If he investigates himself and got innocent, then it should mean that he's sane.

If we assume the SKer is immune to investigations, then that would square with a sane cop claim. Which means that an innocent result on me would be true.

If we assume that the SKer is not immune to investigations, then it means that jonty should have gotten a guilty result if he was sane, therefore he's lying.

If we assume jonty was insane and the SKer was investigation proof, then he should have gotten a guilty result. Which means he lied about that result.

If we assume jonty was insane and the SKer was not investigation proof, then his innocent result on the SKer was accurate, but then he must have lied about his self investigation coming up innocent.

So to recap, if jonty is sane and the SKer was investigation proof, then I am not scum.

Any other combination means that jonty is lying and therefore scum. I'm going to tend towards that probability.

unvote vote jonty
Captain safariguy5

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:04 pm

vodean wrote:i didnt even violate rule #1. f*ck you.

Vodean you have now been blacklisted from any games that I am hosting. Any further comments from you in this game will be sent to the site moderators as trolling my game as you are hereby banned from any more comments in here. You posted about what happened to you in the dexter game in addition to your posting after I had clearly posted a warning about the talking. The just talking in here was not going to get you modkilled, but talking about this current games happenings in another mafia game is CLEARLY talking where it should not happen. It was rule #5 that was the end result of the modkill.

5. There is to be no discussing the game outside this thread unless your role states otherwise aka if you're listed as mafia or a mason then you may do so at night. Discussing the game otherwise will result in a modkill.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Day 2 has begun

Postby aage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 4:15 am

safariguy5 wrote:If we assume that the SKer is not immune to investigations, then it means that jonty should have gotten a guilty result if he was sane, therefore he's lying.

If we assume jonty was insane and the SKer was not investigation proof, then his innocent result on the SKer was accurate, but then he must have lied about his self investigation coming up innocent.
Technically it wasn't a self investigation, so this option is still valid if you're scum.
I hate that Zimmah can make or break this case because he was the SK. And hey, he wasn't surprised that his investigation came up as innocent if Jonty were insane. I therefore assume the SK wasn't inv-proof, which only leaves the two options above.

Doesn't really matter though. Elon wasn't shown as sane cop so my vote stays.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby zimmah on Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:48 am

aage wrote:Assuming the busdriver and the roleblocker are both telling the truth and town aligned, I have to unvote vote jonty. I prefer believing two players are town rather than two scum backing up so obviously for each other so far from lylo.

Thats my point. Even if the bus driver and roleblocker are telling the truth, jonty is not necessarily guilty. And it could as well mean safari is guilty instead. We can lynch either of them to check the validity of jonties claim. I'd say lynching safari is our best option, since he has not contributed a lot at all yet and at this point it's. It very likely he will contribute much at all. On the other hand. Any info we get from jonty, either lies or truth, has the potential of revealing (more) scum.

@safari if the bus driver is telling the truth,jonty investigated you, not himself, which would be consistent with the truth, if you are scum. Since you failed to see or acknowledge that possibility, I even get more convinced jonty is right rather than you.

Also, I think it's against the spirit of the game to reveal details of my previous role to anyone. Isn't it? Because technically I'm not the SK anymore and i should be considered a different person, and the SK is dead and should not talk about the game anymore. Am I right?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby aage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:05 am

zimmah wrote:Also, I think it's against the spirit of the game to reveal details of my previous role to anyone. Isn't it? Because technically I'm not the SK anymore and i should be considered a different person, and the SK is dead and should not talk about the game anymore. Am I right?

Yes, you are right. You can't help what you've already posted, though.

Lynching safari seems like a bad idea to me. In the Hippo-case his name wasn't brought up once, the only reason we're including him is because the busdriver drove him with Jonty tonight. We don't even know if that really happened, since Sam hasn't posted what he did yet. What we have right now is a dead cop with unmentioned sanity and someone else also claiming to be a cop. That alone should be enough. During night 1 he investigated Zimmah and didn't even care about the fact that it came up innocent. At the moment he is barely posting to defend himself, I mean look at his latest post:
jonty125 wrote:Well I'm the letter 'm' and I'm a cop. Maybe I'm a mad (insane) cop.

In that case vote safari as my town result on myself, was actually him, and I might be insane meaning he is scum.
Maybe, might, that's not the language someone would use if he were sure he was a cop. LSU sent him a PM saying "Zimmah's innocent", "Hippo's guilty" and "[your target]'s innocent", if he is a cop. Why would he put question marks at his own results? The only reason I can think of is LSU putting in a bastard role like random cop, but I find that very unlikely in a 17 player game (where so far only regular roles have died). If he actually did get this result, he would've been certain of his case and he would have said "THAT MEANS I'm a mad cop" and "I WOULD be insane". His doubts reflect his lie. I say we simply lynch him.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:59 am

Apologies to LSU but something has come up in my real life that is going to make it impossible for me to play in all the games I am currently slated for at an active level. I apologize for any inconvenience but I am going to have to be replaced in this game.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby jonty125 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:38 am

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Well I'm the letter 'm' and I'm a cop. Maybe I'm a mad (insane) cop.

In that case vote safari as my town result on myself, was actually him, and I might be insane meaning he is scum.
Maybe, might, that's not the language someone would use if he were sure he was a cop.

Read my post again, it quite clearly says that I'm sure that I'm a cop but unsure of my sanity.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:42 pm

jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:

Maybe, might, that's not the language someone would use if he were sure he was a cop.

Read my post again, it quite clearly says that I'm sure that I'm a cop but unsure of my sanity.

If I read Safari's review of your options, either you're an insane cop or your pants are on fire. It does not look good on your status as "town cop" to doubt between those two options. From that I conclude you haven't thought your lie through enough. If you're a cop and your results don't match, you find out why. You don't stand around guessing you might be insane or sane, despite getting innocent on the SK and guilty on the tracker.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby zimmah on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:14 pm

aage wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
aage wrote:

If I read Safari's review of your options, either you're an insane cop or your pants are on fire. It does not look good on your status as "town cop" to doubt between those two options. From that I conclude you haven't thought your lie through enough. If you're a cop and your results don't match, you find out why. You don't stand around guessing you might be insane or sane, despite getting innocent on the SK and guilty on the tracker.

i agree you do have a point here, i still think jonty's story does match with the other stories (only if jonty is insane and saf is guilty), but the way jonty is acting is pretty weird, and it's definitely not how i would act if i had the role he claims to have. But then, if jonty is lying, how does that affect the other claims?
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby zimmah on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:23 pm

at this point i think it's not unlikely that jonty was actually the insane cop but got recruited (most likely night 3 or maybe 2) and therefore is a bit unsure of making any statements, but is with his back against the wall because he already claimed cop and can't really lay back under any circumstances anymore.

of course this is hard to proof, except by lynching him. and it's just one of many possibilities.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby jonty125 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:42 am

I haven't been recruited.
Cook jonty125

Postby zimmah on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:57 am

jonty125 wrote:I haven't been recruited.

that statement has zero value. everyone would say that, no matter if it's true or not.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:50 am

Can we get a vote count please?
Captain safariguy5

Postby vodean on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:13 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:

Vodean you have now been blacklisted from any games that I am hosting. Any further comments from you in this game will be sent to the site moderators as trolling my game as you are hereby banned from any more comments in here. You posted about what happened to you in the dexter game in addition to your posting after I had clearly posted a warning about the talking. The just talking in here was not going to get you modkilled, but talking about this current games happenings in another mafia game is CLEARLY talking where it should not happen. It was rule #5 that was the end result of the modkill.

5. There is to be no discussing the game outside this thread unless your role states otherwise aka if you're listed as mafia or a mason then you may do so at night. Discussing the game otherwise will result in a modkill.

what i posted about the dexter game was a mistake (not a crime, and certainly not something you could modkill me over). i apologized. then i made one post at night, and sent you a PM about it immediately after i noticed. Then after I sent the PM, you decided to modkill me for violating rules. maybe instead of trolling your thread, you ought to reply to the PM i sent you, and rather than threaten and blackmail me, you should chill the f*ck out and be fucking reasonable. there was no need to modkill me, then after one further post where i complained, you blacklisted me. I was expecting that, and hoping for it, tbh. now i wont have to deal with your ridiculous fucking rules. go ahead and report these posts. see if i get banned. just see. see if the mods bother to look into what i just said. i bet they will. a) most of them trust me enough to believe this post, and b) they are all highly professional, so they would try to look into the PMs and that would prove me right. so go ahead and fucking report me. i hope you do. then the mods will know they cant trust reports you send in.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby zimmah on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:40 pm

vodean wrote:
LSU Tiger Josh wrote:

what i posted about the dexter game was a mistake (not a crime, and certainly not something you could modkill me over). i apologized. then i made one post at night, and sent you a PM about it immediately after i noticed. Then after I sent the PM, you decided to modkill me for violating rules. maybe instead of trolling your thread, you ought to reply to the PM i sent you, and rather than threaten and blackmail me, you should chill the f*ck out and be fucking reasonable. there was no need to modkill me, then after one further post where i complained, you blacklisted me. I was expecting that, and hoping for it, tbh. now i wont have to deal with your ridiculous fucking rules. go ahead and report these posts. see if i get banned. just see. see if the mods bother to look into what i just said. i bet they will. a) most of them trust me enough to believe this post, and b) they are all highly professional, so they would try to look into the PMs and that would prove me right. so go ahead and fucking report me. i hope you do. then the mods will know they cant trust reports you send in.

i hope you realize you are in fact trolling the thread right now, so even if you're telling the truth in above post, you're still not respecting the other players and you're lowering yourself to flaming. Please handle this issue outside of the thread.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby aage on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:48 pm

I suggest we ignore Vodean's post for the remainder of the game.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:52 pm

aage wrote:I suggest we ignore Vodean's post for the remainder of the game.

Just read the posts he made in SW's game... I don't know what to do with this. I'm just gonna follow LSU's verdict and continue the game.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 pm

It is the mafia mod's right to decide how lenient or strict they are with the rules. If you have an issue with being mod-killed please keep it to PMs.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:04 pm

LOL ... even dead this thread never fails to amuse!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby jonty125 on Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:20 am

aage wrote:I suggest we ignore Vodean's post for the remainder of the game.

Agreed.
Cook jonty125

Postby ShaggyDan on Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:48 am

Alright, I am caught up and am done with work at least for the next few days (phew).

There isn't a great deal for me to add, others have covered it fairly well and although convoluted (and I'm sure there are probably some people in this telling lies or half-truths) it seems like we have a clear course of action.

Vote Jonty, at the very least we may be able to get some info from his actions if he flips town... though I am thinking that is fairly unlikely at the moment. The risk vs. reward is in our favour, if he flips town we still get knowledge and leads for the next days, rather than floundering around.
Sergeant ShaggyDan

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Vote count coming up. Please ignore any statements made by Vodean since the time that his death was announced.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives