Conquer Club

TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Winner: BluU]

Tournaments completed in 2012.

Moderator: Tournament Directors

TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Winner: BluU]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

Old Topic: viewtopic.php?t=167329

This is a Tournament Players Association Year 2(TPA2) event, and is governed by its rules, guidelines, and judgments. All are welcome to join and participate in the association. You need do nothing more than join one or more of the TPA2 events that will be announced each Monday. Check back on the TPA2 scoreboard in the Tournaments--> General Info forum to see how you're doing.

The 5 Simple Rules - a quick overview
  1. When the round begins you will be sent a link to the available games.
  2. You may join two games and no more than two games.
  3. You must win one game to advance to the next round.
  4. You may play against anyone, BUT
  5. You must play different players in a round. If you play against the same player twice you will both be warned. The games will count, but if you do it again you will be out of the tourney.

Settings
1v1
Random Map
30 Round Limits
Automatic
Sequential
Chained
Escalating
Sunny

Good luck!
Last edited by anamainiacks on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:10 am, edited 9 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Tournament Updates

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:40 am

Remaining Players

Progressing: [0]

Pending: [4]
benga
BluU
Mizzou3181
Swifte

Eliminated: [0]

TPA Rankings
show: TPA
Last edited by anamainiacks on Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:12 am, edited 25 times in total.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [Round 3 Starting Soon

Postby Leehar on Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:34 pm

thanks for rescuing
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Swifte on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:33 pm

Yeah, thank you!
Colonel Swifte

Postby dumhic on Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:59 pm

thks for save buds
Cook dumhic

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 3]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:40 am

Update

You're welcome guys, it was my pleasure (:

Round 3's games are out! Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby kennys777 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:12 pm

thx.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:15 am

Update

3 players have dropped out of the tournament, reducing the field for Round 3 down to 40 players.

So far, 13 games have been completed, guaranteeing 12 players a spot in Round 4. 26 more players seek a win to secure their place, while 2 players have already lost both their games, and will not be continuing.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:06 am

Update

In just 2 days, the number of players with outcomes unknown has more than halved. The number of players moving on has ballooned to 22 players, while 6 players have checked out of the tournament with double losses.

There remains 13 games left to be completed, including 2 which haven't even started. Whether they start or not depends on whether either of those that have joined only 1 game - Leehar and deantursx - decide to join a second game. If not, these said games will be deleted as well, with ikkewij and ThrushAAX having their fate rest in the single game they have against each other.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:14 am

Thanks for rescuing and thanks for the update!

One problem: the game link at the top of the games still directs to the old thread. You'll need to give tokle a slap upside the head and tell him to put the new thread in the database....:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:28 am

Dukasaur wrote:Thanks for rescuing and thanks for the update!

One problem: the game link at the top of the games still directs to the old thread. You'll need to give tokle a slap upside the head and tell him to put the new thread in the database....:)

You're welcome! (: As for the link at the top of the games, as far as I know, that can't be changed... At least, that's been the case for the tournaments I rescued in the past. There's a link to this thread at the very top of the old thread though, so it's just 1 more click away (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Swifte on Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:49 pm

anamainiacks wrote:

You're welcome! (: As for the link at the top of the games, as far as I know, that can't be changed... At least, that's been the case for the tournaments I rescued in the past. There's a link to this thread at the very top of the old thread though, so it's just 1 more click away (:

I rescued a tournament recently, and can confirm that if you PM tokle the link the the new thread and the name of the tournament, he can fix this.
Colonel Swifte

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:58 pm

Swifte wrote:
anamainiacks wrote:

I rescued a tournament recently, and can confirm that if you PM tokle the link the the new thread and the name of the tournament, he can fix this.

Oh, is that so? Haha alrightee then, PM sent to tokle! Thanks for the info, I just came back from a hiatus (:
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 4]

Postby anamainiacks on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:52 am

Update

Round 4 is well under way, and 7 games are left to be completed. One of these hasn't started, where ubcman64 is waiting and hoping for Leehar or cryinlion to join a second game, for a last chance to get into the next round.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 5]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:48 am

Update

Following the statistics and probability, a quarter of the players leave in Round 4 yet again. 20 players left, and Round 5 begins!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby anamainiacks on Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:32 am

Update

Round 5 hurries by, and 14 players have found themselves a place in Round 6! 3 players have been eliminated, and a further 3 more await their fate with the remaining games.
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:42 pm

If anybody hasn't used their second game I have one open.

Game 11690021
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:11 pm

Game 11690022 won.

I guess I live another round...:)
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:32 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Game 11690022 won.

I guess I live another round...:)

Yep, using just 1 game slot eh :P

Update

16 people progress to Round 6, and right off the bat, kennys777 takes a quick win, advancing to Round 7.

Play all your games well guys - if you win both your games (or join just 1 game and win it), you ensure that 1 other person in the tournament will be eliminated! Which means less competition for you in future stages.

Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 6]

Postby Gromph on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:45 am

i got no opponent for my second game?
Major Gromph

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 6]

Postby anamainiacks on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:25 am

Gromph wrote:i got no opponent for my second game?

Yea, some players choose to play only 1 game in the round, especially if they win their first game. There's no requirement to play 2 games, so no special arrangement will be made for players wanting to play 2 games, but only getting to play 1. You may contact players personally if you really want to, I guess? Nobody has done it so far, in previous rounds.

Update
10 games have been completed, and 10 players move on. As of now, there isn't a player who has won 2 games in Round 6! That said, 2 of our winners only participated in a single game.

Still 4 games ongoing (only 3 of these will affect advancements), and 1 awaiting an opponent.

And I'd REALLY like to thank you guys for being so quick with your games! One of the fastest 1v1 tournaments I've ran!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 7]

Postby anamainiacks on Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:30 am

Update

All players who voluntarily joined only a single game managed to win their game, so they won't be joining the last game awaiting players. With that, Gromph is eliminated from the tournament. Also, Ishihara takes the kill over xman5151, simultaneously eliminating his opponent and advancing in the tournament at the same time.

The last 2 games still outstanding in Round 6 are inconsequential (all 4 players have already won a game), and thus Round 7 will begin with 12 players. Good luck!
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 7]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:45 am

Update

For the first time ever, all created games were filled. Looks like everyone wants every chance they can get to move on!

So far 5 people have advanced, while 2 have been eliminated. Only 5 games remain, and 5 players have their fates undecided as of yet. Incidentally, all these 5 players still have their 2 games ongoing, while the 7 with their fates decided have finished both their games.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 8]

Postby anamainiacks on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:52 pm

Update

Round 8 begins, with 9 players left in the mix. Things will probably move at a slower pace from here, as less players will be getting eliminated per round.
Colonel anamainiacks

Re: TPA Premier Event presented by HA [TPA2] [Round 8]

Postby anamainiacks on Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:31 am

Update

Round 8 quickly progresses, with 5 players moving on, while 3 await their fate, and 1 is eliminated. The only elimination so far, Dukasaur, came from unfortunate circumstances where both players in the game happened to be the only ones to join single games. The first turn seemed to decide it all.

Just 3 games remain, with the fates of 3 players in their hands. Looking at the current progress, it looks like emilywink will definitely be moving on, while ubcman64 will bow out. The game with babagonosh is currently pretty even, and can't be predicted.
Colonel anamainiacks

Next

Return to Completed 2012