Conquer Club

[Medal] Country Defeats Medal

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: New medal for beating players from different countries

Postby syphy on Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:10 pm

love the idea!
Major syphy

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:01 pm

It's a good idea in theory, but how would it work? A gold medal is 400 unique defeats. Do I have to beat 400 players from the US to achieve that medal? If that's the case, we could be dealing with a potential for, what, 20 different medals? How many countries actually have over 400 registered users?
Captain nolefan5311

Postby x-raider on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Nolefan: 5 Unique opponents from X countries. So you just go looking for more countries.
Are there really 60 countries represented well here on CC?
It doesn't change anything in the games except user harvesting.
The concept is good though. Maybe you just need to think of a different way to implement it.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Janomike wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:You are discussing about how one may abuse the system to get the multiple countries medal?
Play with a friend...
Drop the games...
Switch flag...
repeat...
Get the powerful medal...
Seriously?

Please read the suggestions posted, if every player counts only the first time you beat him and if possible with the country at time of registration, there can be no abuse at all.

You misunderstood the post. My meaning was, "are you seriously disussing if and how some stupid guy will try to cheat in order to take a medal that does not even exist yet?"
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby Kaskavel on Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:34 pm

And by the way, medals are supposed to represent some in-game success. So I say no.
Colonel Kaskavel

Postby macbone on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:03 pm

Well, you have the ratings medal, which is basically a freebie. Beating 5 users i 5 different countries sounds fun to me, but the only problem is determining which country is a user's home country. I don't know if the CC database keeps track of what country a user logs in from most often.
Colonel macbone

Postby greenoaks on Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:53 pm

and if it doesn't record where we were when we logged on the first time there would be no 'home' country for each of us.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby babagonosh on Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:34 am

Do you have to win against people from 60 different countries?????

Or just 60 different people from the USA (for example) if you are from Denmark????
Captain babagonosh

Postby greenoaks on Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:53 am

babagonosh wrote:Do you have to win against people from 60 different countries?????

Or just 60 different people from the USA (for example) if you are from Denmark????

i think it would be 'from 60 countries' as 60 from a country would add 200 medals, 1 for each country.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby Janomike on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:42 pm

babagonosh wrote:Do you have to win against people from 60 different countries?????

No its meant to be like the cross map medal, the idea is to beat 5 different people each, from 20, 40, 60 different countries to get the medals.

greenoaks wrote:and if it doesn't record where we were when we logged on the first time there would be no 'home' country for each of us.

I guess the main concern is the determination of the home country. Best possibility would be the country at the time of registration. Maybe its also possible to use something like the country you logged in from during the majority of the last 3 months or something similar if its not logged at the time of registration.

Kaskavel wrote:And by the way, medals are supposed to represent some in-game success. So I say no.

Like Bone said the ratings medal doesnt and this idea for the cross country medal shows some kind of success. You have to win against people from different countries.

The main idea behind this medal is to encourage people to play against players from different countries and get to know them this way. This is something i really like when playing CC. Having the opportunity to play with people from Hong Kong, the US, Japan, France etc. while sitting here in Austria.
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby Trailman on Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:33 am

i vote for janomike, a great player
Captain Trailman

Postby Pedronicus on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:23 pm

This idea is stupid. Lets say you are the only player from a weird country with no other players like Ethiopia or Greenland for example

Suddenly you are being invited to join games by a whole host of medal hunters and eventually you get pissed off and leave the site.

What's next for a medal?

The pissed out of your skull medal?

have an online breathalyser handy and get a bronze medal for winning a game with a bottle of wine in your system, a silver for having drunk half a bottle of scotch and a gold medal if you've won a game after drinking a 84 pint barrel of Special Brew.
Last edited by Pedronicus on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Highest position 7th. Highest points 3311 All of my graffiti can be found here
Major Pedronicus

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:24 pm

don't care about medals at all, but saw the post... nice idea for people who care about medals...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Jippd on Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:33 am

I dislike the idea. Seems to be a frivolous medal IMO
Major Jippd

Postby Janomike on Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:09 am

This idea seems not to be supported by the majority! Guess its time to move it to rejected and concentrate on other ideas that will not be implemented ;)
Click image to enlarge.
Brigadier Janomike

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:41 am

Pedronicus wrote:This idea is stupid. Lets say you are the only player from a weird country with no other players like Ethiopia or Greenland for example

Suddenly you are being invited to join games by a whole host of medal hunters and eventually you get pissed off and leave the site.

What's next for a medal?

The pissed out of your skull medal?

have an online breathalyser handy and get a bronze medal for winning a game with a bottle of wine in your system, a silver for having drunk half a bottle of scotch and a gold medal if you've won a game after drinking a 84 pint barrel of Special Brew.

If this is the only way I can guarantee invites then woohoo =D>
Just kidding, this idea is toast (even though I think its cute). It'll be a good idea for a tourney though!!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Sorry, but this one won't be happening. Rejected
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Previous

Return to Suggestions