Conquer Club

risk chat or skanky bar chat?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

risk chat or skanky bar chat?

Postby kill rick on Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:08 pm

i went to your live chat to talk about risk one day and was booted from it by one of the mods for doing so
today i went back to discuss a challenge between cc and outher sites that host the game
i though this would be a fun tourney to start but i was met with rudeness as they would preferr to chat about sex and outher stuff that i wouldnt want any kids to be subject too
perhaps it would be a good idea to make some small changes to the chat
your social chat room should be either restricted to those 18 yrs+ or better monitered to keep it clean enough so that ppl of all ages will feel comfortable joining in on the chat
this is a risk site so why not talk about the game
Major kill rick

Re: risk chat or skanky bar chat?

Postby agentcom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:32 pm

I have forwarded your complaint to the chat moderators to look into further.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Karl_R_Kroenen on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:45 pm

kill rick wrote:i went to your live chat to talk about risk one day and was booted from it by one of the mods for doing so
today i went back to discuss a challenge between cc and outher sites that host the game
i though this would be a fun tourney to start but i was met with rudeness as they would preferr to chat about sex and outher stuff that i wouldnt want any kids to be subject too
your social chat room should be either restricted to those 18 yrs+ or better monitered to keep it clean enough so that ppl of all ages will feel comfortable joining in on the chat

Actually it is NOT a "Risk" site, it is Conquer Club.
Risk is a registered trademark and is owned by Hasbro.
If this was the game Risk, Conquer Club would have to pay royalties to Hasbro.

Also, when you mention other game sites on THIS site, we tend consider it advertising, and we Moderators/Admins get a little twitchy about that. So let's move forward from that and kick some butt with "intensity cubes".

Also, if there is some skanky bar chat going on, please to inform the chat room moderator either in the chat room or copy/paste to report at a later time.

EDIT: I wrote Milton Bradley instead of Hasbro
Sergeant 1st Class Karl_R_Kroenen

Postby agentcom on Wed Sep 26, 2012 11:49 pm

Thank you KRK for your speedy response!
Colonel agentcom

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:35 am

I'll add in this much as well. kill rick was given a lot of time without being bothered while he was advertising this competing site for which he should be grateful. It was in extremely bad taste to advertise a competing site at the level that he did and this certainly had its impact on the users. Even when I had told him that he had his chance at advertising so let people make their own decision now he still persisted in dropping the occasional comment which would have lead to a warning and a kick if he had persisted. He stopped before it became necessary to be harsh.

Several users looked at the link and raised certain issues and I also noted certain things.

1. kill rick gets tokens for new customers - I assume that this is similar to our referral program but it didn't exactly help his cause since the users seemed to feel that he was only after personal gain
2. The site is, according to comments made by several users (and in my personal opinion as well), is extremely substandard to CC, which kill rick was not happy about hearing
3. There is no real Chat option on the other site. The regulars in LC are here to chat so they weren't keen on the other site.
4. Quite frankly it seemed to me that many users were more annoyed at kill rick's description and some seemed to feel that he had insulted them while advertising the alternative site so he naturally got some opposition to his suggestion.
5. kill rick also dropped some items that should have been censored so if we were to keep it clean I would have had to clean him out as well.

In relation to kill rick claiming he was booted from LC for the advertising, we have no record of it but I will investigate to see if it happened and has not yet been logged. It is important to note, though, that the Chat Mods do not boot at whim and fancy. Generally when someone is booted it is very clear why and the only people who tend to have a problem with the booting are the violators themselves, several of whom seem to feel that they are above the rules. I hope this is helpful in everyone (kill rick included) gaining a better understanding of the situation.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby Ace Rimmer on Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:44 am

kill rick hurt my feelings on the other website that I did log in to to investigate, and I even put him down as the referring person (I was feeling generous yesterday).

15:21 Paddlin: ace rimmer is confused
15:24 killrick: confused... mabee. jerk?..for sure

I cried this morning when I saw that :(
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:21 am

Thank you trini.

It looks to me like this has been addressed sufficiently. The only part of this post which is really a suggestion is to have an 18+ area or warning in Live Chat, which is not necessary. So, I'm going to MOVE this over to Q&A and hope that the Discussion Mods don't get mad at me if I am misfiling it. Shadow topic will be in place for 24 hrs and PM sent to OP so that he is informed of the situation.
Colonel agentcom

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:19 am

ok so an update to kill rick's claim of being kicked

kill rick wrote:i went to your live chat to talk about risk one day and was booted from it by one of the mods for doing so

My investigations have revealed the following.

1) This event took place in April 2012 so it was not recent.
2) He was actually kicked for baiting another user in all 3 tabs of Live Chat aka going against the site and Live Chat guidelines.
3) Warnings were given by 2 different mods prior to the kicking and when he ignored the warnings he was kicked. Thus the kick was earned.

Based on the results of my investigations I don't think this has any bearing on his advertising issue and should never even have been brought up as part of this complaint. It is therefore not necessary to go further into this. if any more information comes to light that changes anything the appropriate action will be taken.
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby KoolBak on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:31 am

:lol: Classic!
"Gypsy told my fortune...she said that nothin showed...."

Neil Young....Like An Inca

AND:
riskllama wrote:Koolbak wins this thread.
Sergeant 1st Class KoolBak

Postby cooldeals on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:37 am

I would like to post a complaint about kill rick. When people did not seem open to his ideas he started blurting out profanities in live chat including the f-word. I find his complaint hypocritical. I have discussed monitoring in chat with mods before but I didn't curse them out when they didn't force everyone else to keep it PG. Please check the chat records on 26 Sep 2012 and 27 Sep 2012 to verify this if you need evidence he did it.
Colonel cooldeals

Postby #1_stunna on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:41 am

i love skanky bar chat!!

i thought live chat was were you went to mingle if you were single?
12:17:31 ‹Pixar› im gonna be fappin to that all night long
10:59:12 ‹rhp 1› holy hell... that did it.. I pissed myself
15:15:52 ‹Ace Rimmer› Sackett58, I think I may get some action this weekend
15:16:05 ‹Sackett58› Right hand or left Ace?
Major #1_stunna

Postby agentcom on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:43 pm

cooldeals wrote:
I would like to post a complaint about kill rick. When people did not seem open to his ideas he started blurting out profanities in live chat including the f-word. I find his complaint hypocritical. I have discussed monitoring in chat with mods before but I didn't curse them out when they didn't force everyone else to keep it PG. Please check the chat records on 26 Sep 2012 and 27 Sep 2012 to verify this if you need evidence he did it.

This isn't the place for a kill rick bash session. His questions have been addressed. If you believe that a user has violated the rules, please head over to Cheating and Abuse and fill out a form there. That is the proper place for that.
Colonel agentcom

Postby 72o on Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:46 pm

I vote skanky bar chat
Sergeant 72o

Return to Conquer Club Discussion