Conquer Club

convict...to President (Complete: Night Strike WINNER)

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

convict...to President (Complete: Night Strike WINNER)

Postby kennys777 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:50 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjY-cnh5dd1AdEdpQTBXc3Nxc3pqN2locm1UakhNN0E

All score updates have been moved to the above spreadsheet.

This is my first shot at running a tournament, so here goes...

You had a family to feed, you spent a few years bouncing from job to job, waiting for the next big break, but it NEVER came...You took various jobs to pay the bills and feed your family. The day came when you lost your pride, and found yourself standing in the unemployment line. You didn't want the handout, you fought tooth and nail to follow the rules, but it didn't work out for you. The man standing in front of you asked if you drove. He offers you 50 bucks for a ride. You gladly accept and find yourself looking in the rear view mirror at some flashing red and blue lights. The officer politely asked to search your car, which wasn't a big deal, so you agree. You watch, in horror, as the officer dumps out your new found friend's duffel bag full of uncut heroin onto the hood of your car. When you had your day in court, it didn't work out for you, and as the judge handed you the 10 year sentence, the only reaction your brain could muster was a middle finger and heavy hanging head with grinding teeth...Welcome to prison as one of the many who never committed a crime except for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

show: Round 1 settings

show: Round 1 Eliminated Player list

You did part of your prison sentence, appealed the decision, and your lawyer was able to get you a new trial. You were found not guilty, but your entire perception of the war on drugs and the American prison system changed. Along with that new ideology, you felt cold and empty inside. You were exonerated but didn't know what to do with yourself after witnessing all the carnage of prison. The system was flawed, you knew it, but what could you do about it? There was a knock on your door, and as you stood there listening to the spiel of some random canvasser trying to promote their no-name politician who was going to make your life better if you would only vote for them, you realized you could change things. You could make sure that no one ever had to endure the pain and suffering you did from being wrongly convicted and sent to a hell hole for drugs. You start visiting your local Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Greens, etc. As you shopped around for an ideology, and learned what it took to run for office, you realized you had found your niche. Was all this suffering for naught? Welcome to the government at the local level...

show: Round 2 settings

Here you are playing big shot as a State Senator, but realize prison reform needs a national reform, you need to reform the drug laws. You need to do more, change things, make them better, but on a much bigger scale. You need to go national, you start up the campaign engines one more time and run for a US Senate seat. That is where you will help out all those forsaken souls still rotting away behind bars. The election is tough, and you are running as a 3rd party candidate. Your other two opponents want to steal your platform, make the voters think that a 2 party system is how American politics is supposed to be, yet you strive to prove the status quo wrong. Here you are, fighting for change against others who think they can do it better with their ideas.

show: Round 3 settings

You have been elected to the US Senate, you will serve the people, you believe your values, ideas, and ideologies represent the everyday American. You have been in the hole, climbed your way up a ladder that had obstacle after obstacle to keep you down, and yet here you are, a paid politician, one who set out to change the world...

show: Round 4 settings

You spent many years in the Senate, and yet you were unable to change anything. You set out to be a savior, and you have failed. There is only one place to go, and that is the President of the USA, The White House, Pennsylvania Avenue. An executive order will change things. You could bypass all the laws, you could write your own policy, you could take officers away from the war on drugs, push politicians to invest in rehabs and other anti-recidivism measures. That is the answer...

You head out on that long campaign trail, across the USA, hoping you have gone from that unemployment line, to prison, and higher than you ever could have thought to the highest office in the land.

show: Finals settings

Congratulations, you are the leader of the free world, or at least that is what you have been told, until a problem arises in the Middle East, but that's for next time!

There are no requirements for this tournament, you can be premium or freemium because it will only be 1 game per player (All games are randomized in each round, so you may NOT play certain maps in this tournament, it is only 1 game per player per round) at a time. Also, please post in this thread if you want in. If you PM me, you will still need to post here to be accepted as an active player. Due to the large tournament format and the slow game play with 30 round games, you will have only 24 hours to join your games. I am NOT going to be playing in this tournament so I can focus on keeping track of the stats and the games up to date. I have a lot of stories to write, this one is basic compared to where I wanted to go with maps and storyline, but I will get to those after I get used to doing this.

You stay classy San Diego!

show: Randomized player list for Round 3
Last edited by kennys777 on Tue May 07, 2013 6:51 am, edited 81 times in total.
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (0 of 64)

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:16 pm

in please. sounds interesting
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby kennys777 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:47 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:in please. sounds interesting

Make sure you sharpen that toothbrush, it might get rough for you in Gen. Pop.

Your seat is reserved on the Bluebird.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby Night Strike on Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:56 pm

I'm in.
Major Night Strike

Postby kennys777 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:04 pm

Night Strike wrote:I'm in.

Just waiting on your transfer papers, the only thing you are allowed to bring is your legal papers and a religious text.

Welcome aboard the Bluebird.
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (2 of 64)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Will you edit the first post to say whether or not there is trench please? Make sure to update it for every round.

Also, when you say top finishers, do you mean the last people left in the game or the people with the most eliminations?

And, tournaments have to be designed to finish within a year. If you are saying that there will be these large games and only do one at a time when there are so many (8 in the first round alone), I'm not sure that this would finish within a year.

Last thing, are all games 8 players or just the first round?

I think the concept and idea is great. Just need a few clarifications and tweeks.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby whydelilah on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:26 am

Lock me up please
Cook whydelilah

Location: It's a wasted trip baby. Nobody said nothing about locking horns with no Tigers.

Postby kennys777 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:45 am

chapcrap wrote:Will you edit the first post to say whether or not there is trench please? Make sure to update it for every round.

done

chapcrap wrote:Also, when you say top finishers, do you mean the last people left in the game or the people with the most eliminations?

Done, fixed.

chapcrap wrote:And, tournaments have to be designed to finish within a year. If you are saying that there will be these large games and only do one at a time when there are so many (8 in the first round alone), I'm not sure that this would finish within a year.

Each player only plays 1 game per round. All maps are NOT played by all players, as noted in my post. I will randomize the list of players by numbers for rounds 2, and 3, then randomize the maps, then match up the set of players with the corresponding maps using random.org

Also to note, I added round limits in the first 3 rounds to keep its length down. Each player will only play 1 game per round (clarified in post), therefore there will be 8 simultaneous games playing in round 1 for example.

chapcrap wrote:Last thing, are all games 8 players or just the first round?

Fixed the post to clarify, all games are not 8 players.

chapcrap wrote:I think the concept and idea is great. Just need a few clarifications and tweeks.

Thanks
Sergeant kennys777

Postby generalhead on Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:55 am

in please
Sergeant generalhead

Postby pleve on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:54 am

in please
Brigadier pleve

Postby rmjw10 on Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:55 pm

in please
Cook rmjw10

Postby crazy4catnip on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:20 pm

In please!
"Who cares about geopolitical issues when the f*****g walls are melting."
Major crazy4catnip

Postby king blaze on Fri Sep 28, 2012 11:33 pm

in plz
Major king blaze

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:38 am

whydelilah wrote:Lock me up please

Did anyone ever tell you your bad attitude was going to get you in trouble one day? Well that day has come...
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:39 am

generalhead wrote:in please

So let me get this straight, out of these criminals here, you mean to tell me that you are innocent? Well, I haven't heard that before, from anyone, EVER!

Get on the bus!!!
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:44 am

pleve wrote:in please

Here's a tip for you, keep your head down and your mouth shut, and I won't have to use this tazer.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:45 am

rmjw10 wrote:in please

Tough break kid, you know you can better yourself by working a detail or going to school? Or you can keep acting like a bum, and make life hard on yourself! Your choice.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:47 am

crazy4catnip wrote:In please!

I am not surprised in the least to see you here. Looks like your grand schemes just didn't work out forever, did you really think we wouldn't figure you out?
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:49 am

king blaze wrote:in plz

A phone call? Do you need to call your mommy? You have been processed along with the rest of these convicts, now go sit over there and wait for the next prison transfer.
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (8 of 64)

Postby Vartiovuori on Sat Sep 29, 2012 8:23 am

Excuse me sir, is this the bus for Mexico?

In please
Sergeant 1st Class Vartiovuori

Postby andypl0nd0n on Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:24 am

Count me in please
Colonel andypl0nd0n

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:18 pm

Vartiovuori wrote:Excuse me sir, is this the bus for Mexico?

In please

Hey Lenny, we got another one of those funny guys here...Let me know how that humor of yours works out for you in 5 years.
Sergeant kennys777

Postby kennys777 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:18 pm

andyplondon wrote:Count me in please

You have been counted, you can return to watching the paint peel until the bus leaves.
Sergeant kennys777

Re: convict to Congressman to President (10 of 64)

Postby forhimilive on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:39 am

Great story line....count me in please
Sergeant 1st Class forhimilive

Re: convict to Congressman to President (10 of 64)

Postby Gromph on Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:10 am

in pls
Major Gromph

Next

Return to Completed 2013