Conquer Club

Mitt Romney Scandals

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby Night Strike on Fri Sep 28, 2012 5:11 pm

Symmetry wrote:That's kind of a bizarre thought. I can accept that people might think that Obama is a bad president, but that he's "actively trying to harm our country" pushes you into nustso realms.

Seriously, how far are you willing to push this?

I only push it because it's the truth. Obama thinks that there is nothing special/unique about the US, has apologized to countries all around the world, hides acts of terrorism under the guise of a video, consults with Communists and members of the Muslim Brotherhood, uses the government to take over private industries, desires to tax the country as punishment for using the "wrong" types of fuel, etc. There are a bunch of things he has done that has deliberately harmed our country.
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:13 pm

You sound just like Fox News.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Symmetry on Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:01 am

Night Strike wrote:
Symmetry wrote:That's kind of a bizarre thought. I can accept that people might think that Obama is a bad president, but that he's "actively trying to harm our country" pushes you into nustso realms.

I only push it because it's the truth. Obama thinks that there is nothing special/unique about the US, has apologized to countries all around the world, hides acts of terrorism under the guise of a video, consults with Communists and members of the Muslim Brotherhood, uses the government to take over private industries, desires to tax the country as punishment for using the "wrong" types of fuel, etc. There are a bunch of things he has done that has deliberately harmed our country.

And yeah, there's the nutso. Do you even like the US? You seem to hate most of it.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Night Strike on Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:49 am

Symmetry wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

And yeah, there's the nutso. Do you even like the US? You seem to hate most of it.

I know those actions and beliefs are nutso, which is why I hope we have a different president soon.

By the way, if you're trying to prove me nutso, you haven't discredited any of those statements.
Major Night Strike

Postby PLAYER57832 on Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:35 am

Night Strike wrote:
When has Obama ever said that businesses making a profit is good for the economy? He thinks all those businesses and "rich people" aren't paying their "fair share" and must turn more money over to the government.

He JUST did (though he has before). His latest speech says, among other things, that the future of America is to restore the middle class and support small businesses.
Night Strike wrote:

But as long as you insist on editing everything into the most extreme version, then you will be pretty miserable.. and WAY off-base.

Apology is weakness? Sounds like a classic bad man-bashing joke. People with strength and honor apologize. So, Obama did apologize.. for specific actions that we did wrong. We have a long and proud history of not just celebrating our accomplishments, but occasionally owning up to our errors. Not all of them and not fully, but no nation really can do that, if for no other reason than that no group fully agrees on what needs an apology and what doesn't. He has ALSO very much celebrated lauded and champion our country, its dream, its freedom, diversity and ingenuity. Considering apologies as weakness and any criticism as an attack and affront is teh work of a bully, not a statesman.

HIdes acts of terrorism? Not sure to what you are referring there. He has instituted drone attacks that don't make me or many other people particularly happy (to put it mildly), he got Bin Laden... and no doubt there are plenty of more nefarious acts, most of which will only coe out in 20 years. And essentially every president the US has seen has done some version or other of that. It comes with the territory. It is a realm where we, citizens need to keep watch and yes, crticize.. but to single Obama out for that is beyond sense.

"Consults with communists and members of the Muslim Brotherhood". Well, rather hard to negotiate or even get a full handle on the danger of folks without actually talking to them in some fashion or other. Is he letting those folks dictate our policy? No, unless you consider response to be "dictating", which apparently you do... He also consults with church leaders, union representatives, big business owners and lobbyists... etc.

"Uses the government to take over private industries". Well, the GM thing was largely set before Obama took office. Beyond that, the government has always had emminent domain power. I am far more concerned about big corporations taking or damaging MY property and the property of my neighbors. Obama has not done much to stop that, but then, neither did BUSH and Romney certainly won't. Romney has specifically said he will undo what little protections Obama has kept or established.

Taxing as "punishment".. that takes the cake of hypocrisy from you. How about we did not get into this debt problem because folks are getting welfare, food stamps and medical care. We GOT INTO this debacle because big business has continued to demand and get tax cuts, special deductions and privilage... and often at the very time they were moving all their assets well off shore. Of course, Romney has done just that.. moved his money off, so why would anyone think he would actually improve things in the US for anyone but his own group of cronies.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Symmetry on Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:56 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

I know those actions and beliefs are nutso, which is why I hope we have a different president soon.

By the way, if you're trying to prove me nutso, you haven't discredited any of those statements.

Not much need to prove it. Indeed, the best proof is for me to just let you ramble on. As I suggested before, there's plenty of good reasons to critcise Obama or to consider him a bad president.

When you head in to "he's actively trying to destroy America" territory, that's the realm of the nutsos. Drag yourself back to sanity for a moment, and consider what you're saying.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:24 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Your desperation is palpable. You do realize that blindly supporting Romney and attacking Obama in this forum isn't really going to affect the reality that Obama is going to win the election, don't you?

I do not subscribe to the belief that it's a foregone conclusion that Obama will win.

Nothing wrong with that.

Night Strike wrote:And it's not a blind support of Romney.

I have yet to see you make a nuanced statement regarding him in any fashion. So I'll have to disagree with you about that.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:28 pm

Night Strike wrote:I only push it because it's the truth. Obama thinks that there is nothing special/unique about the US

There IS NOTHING special/unique about the United States.

Night Strike wrote:has apologized to countries all around the world

This is not a problem. There are plenty of things we should be apologizing for, frankly. That is a part of diplomacy...you can't do it all with a sword, Night Strike.

Night Strike wrote:hides acts of terrorism under the guise of a video

What?

Night Strike wrote:consults with Communists and members of the Muslim Brotherhood

Consults with them? You're gonna have to document the fashion of his consultations. Thanks.

Night Strike wrote:uses the government to take over private industries

You're going to have to cite this one too. Good Lord.

Night Strike wrote:desires to tax the country as punishment for using the "wrong" types of fuel, etc.

As opposed to subsidies for oil companies?

Night Strike wrote:There are a bunch of things he has done that has deliberately harmed our country.

If you believe Obama is deliberately trying to harm our country, you're a big ol' dumbshit. There's no other way to put it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Sep 29, 2012 11:15 pm

Wow Woody, even player made a better post then you.

Hiding terrorism was clearly referring to Libya, while the taking over of private industries was clearly GM and healthcare. For all the others, you'll have to do your own research, and I'd advise not looking to the mainstream media because they aren't reporting any of it.
Major Night Strike

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 am

Night Strike wrote:Wow Woody, even player made a better post then you.

Hiding terrorism was clearly referring to Libya, while the taking over of private industries was clearly GM and healthcare. For all the others, you'll have to do your own research, and I'd advise not looking to the mainstream media because they aren't reporting any of it.

So essentially you're saying that we should look at crackpot sites on the internet in order to understand where you're getting your ideas from?
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby chang50 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 am

Obama thinks that there is nothing special/unique about the US,

As opposed to the arrogance of thinking there is.This is precisely the crap attitude that gets the us so badly liked internationally.Imagine if one of your neighbours/colleagues went around smugly and arbitrarily declaring their exceptionality?Might that self proclaimed superiority adversely affect your opinion/relationship with them?A little Socratic self examination might be useful...
Captain chang50

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:59 am

chang50 wrote:Obama thinks that there is nothing special/unique about the US,

As opposed to the arrogance of thinking there is.This is precisely the crap attitude that gets the us so badly liked internationally.Imagine if one of your neighbours/colleagues went around smugly and arbitrarily declaring their exceptionality?Might that self proclaimed superiority adversely affect your opinion/relationship with them?A little Socratic self examination might be useful...

He's pretty clear that he considers the US special and unique. He wrote two books about it. That he also acknowledges that it ain't perfect and has problems, current and historical, shows that he's a realist.

There's the cheap patriotism of declaring that the US is flawless, and then there's realism. Disliking Obama is fair, but he's a pragmatist. Not an idealist.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby chang50 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:09 am

Symmetry wrote:
chang50 wrote:Obama thinks that there is nothing special/unique about the US,

He's pretty clear that he considers the US special and unique. He wrote two books about it. That he also acknowledges that it ain't perfect and has problems, current and historical, shows that he's a realist.

There's the cheap patriotism of declaring that the US is flawless, and then there's realism. Disliking Obama is fair, but he's a pragmatist. Not an idealist.

You are correct in your analysis,I detect an abundance of cheap patriotism coming out of certain vocal sections of the us,this inevitably fails to endear the nation to the rest of the international community.The days when the us was big enough to say f@ck you to the rest of the world are rapidly coming to an end.
Captain chang50

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:45 am

Cheap patriotism is rarely endearing. Diplomacy is a strength though. Obama has it, Romney is a shambles and probably shouldn't talk to people outside of the US.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:44 am

He shouldn't talk to anyone who disagrees with him ever; or his arguments start defeating themselves. You remember the statement "Corporations are people, my friend."

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:14 am

Night Strike wrote:Wow Woody, even player made a better post then you.

1. For most of those, "research" isn't relevant. For instance, you want me to research whether there is something special/unique about the United States? Well...we've got the Grand Canyon, so there's that...

2. You want me to "research" it, but only on the sites you frequent, because nobody else is reporting it. I would suggest to you that the reason nobody else is reporting it ISN'T "because they're the only ones brave enough to do so" or some other weird excuse.

But hey, if you want to go the route of Phatscotty and not support your statements, that's your call. Good luck with that.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:49 pm

Symmetry wrote:Cheap patriotism is rarely endearing. Diplomacy is a strength though. Obama has it, Romney is a shambles and probably shouldn't talk to people outside of the US.

Yes, Obama was diplomatic about the missile strikes against Libya 2011.

He was very diplomatic about the extrajudicial killing on that US citizen and his son too!

His continuing the occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq are very diplomatic too, so diplomatic because policing and combating insurgency is not war, but diplomacy. He's definitely winning hearts and minds in the Middle East too, because he's so diplomatic!

Oh, and the drone strikes and joint COIN operations across the Middle East and sub-saharan Africa are great efforts at seeking peaceful resolutions through nonviolence!
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:57 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Cheap patriotism is rarely endearing. Diplomacy is a strength though. Obama has it, Romney is a shambles and probably shouldn't talk to people outside of the US.

He was very diplomatic about the extrajudicial killing on that US citizen and his son too!

His continuing the occupation of Afghanistan and Iraq are very diplomatic too, so diplomatic because policing and combating insurgency is not war, but diplomacy. He's definitely winning hearts and minds in the Middle East too, because he's so diplomatic!

Oh, and the drone strikes and joint COIN operations across the Middle East and sub-saharan Africa are great efforts at seeking peaceful resolutions through nonviolence!

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit sweetie.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:05 pm

Maybe this will cheer you up:

Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:36 pm

I gotta say that I didn't care for that one too much.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:01 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Ignoring the faults of your own position is the highest form of ignorance.

Side-stepping the problems of your erroneous position with an ad hominem fallacy doesn't address your ignorance.

Just thought you should know. I care about the unintentional lies which you regurgitate.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:48 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:

Ignoring the faults of your own position is the highest form of ignorance.

Side-stepping the problems of your erroneous position with an ad hominem fallacy doesn't address your ignorance.

Just thought you should know. I care about the unintentional lies which you regurgitate.

It's nice to know that you care, I guess.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:55 am

Sym, for an allegedly education young man, why are you so stubbornly ignorant?
(asking sincerely here)
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:59 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:Sym, for an allegedly education young man, why are you so stubbornly ignorant?
(asking sincerely here)

What do you think I'm ignorant of? As an allegedly "education" (sic.) young man, I'm curious.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby chang50 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:03 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Sym, for an allegedly education young man, why are you so stubbornly ignorant?
(asking sincerely here)

Lol,questioning someone's education or lack of,using very poor English,or were you striving for comic effect.. :-s
Captain chang50

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,