<Removed>

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Republican Party?

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:48 am

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
You must not even know who Senator Murray is considering you used "he".

so??

ignorance has never stopped woody before!

How is this relevant, Mr Moderate?

well, you have an awfully strong opinion for someone who doesn't even know what they're talking about.

So because I don't know whether a specific Senator is a male or a female, that means I "don't know what I'm talking about" on the issue? If the issue wasn't "What is the gender of the specific Senator", then how is that relevant, Mr Moderate? Or does Mr Moderate just want to try to take a potshot without any substance?

Is the Senator's gender relevant to this Veteran's issue?
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:33 am

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

so??

well, you have an awfully strong opinion for someone who doesn't even know what they're talking about.

So because I don't know whether a specific Senator is a male or a female, that means I "don't know what I'm talking about" on the issue? If the issue wasn't "What is the gender of the specific Senator", then how is that relevant, Mr Moderate? Or does Mr Moderate just want to try to take a potshot without any substance?

there's no avoiding the fact that you don't know the facts about the issue and didn't read the article. your ignorance of murray's gender makes that crystal clear.

i'm just saying it's bad form to enter a debate when you haven't made any attempt to understand the issue. and you do that far too often.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:09 pm

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Night Strike wrote:

so??

there's no avoiding the fact that you don't know the facts about the issue and didn't read the article. your ignorance of murray's gender makes that crystal clear.

i'm just saying it's bad form to enter a debate when you haven't made any attempt to understand the issue. and you do that far too often.

You believe that I, as a DISABLED MILITARY VETERAN, don't understand the facts about this issue, WHICH IS A DISABLED MILITARY VETERAN ISSUE, simply because I didn't know the gender of a Senator involved?

This tells me that you're irrevokably stupid. There's really no other way to put it, you stupid f*ck.

Something's crystal clear alright, and it's your lack of objectivity, Mr. Moderate.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby tzor on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:24 pm

I haven't been paying attention to this thread. I was going to ask what all the BS was but decided to go back and find the actual cause of the problem instead.

So we are all complaining about a COLA for disabled veterans? I could go into a long and complex rant about the nature of inflation, but Woodruff's right, blocking COLA for disabled veterans is just wrong in every way. Baseline accounting is wrong and should not be used, but for basic people who are dependent on the government who have given themselves to the government (since their disability is in service to the government) having the government then take from their wages because of inflation (caused by the Federal Reserve) is so wrong from a moral standard I'm surprised anyone would be for it.
Sergeant tzor

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:30 pm

tzor wrote:I haven't been paying attention to this thread. I was going to ask what all the BS was but decided to go back and find the actual cause of the problem instead.

So we are all complaining about a COLA for disabled veterans? I could go into a long and complex rant about the nature of inflation, but Woodruff's right, blocking COLA for disabled veterans is just wrong in every way. Baseline accounting is wrong and should not be used, but for basic people who are dependent on the government who have given themselves to the government (since their disability is in service to the government) having the government then take from their wages because of inflation (caused by the Federal Reserve) is so wrong from a moral standard I'm surprised anyone would be for it.

I'm not actually sure that anyone has said they're for the idea of blocking the COLA for disabled veterans, other than one Republican Senator. Mostly, the thread has gone like this:

Juan_Bottom made a post trying to incriminate (successfully, in my opinion) one individual from the Republican Party, and probably pretending that it was a wide-scale Republican plan (unsuccessfully).
Night Strike attempted to defend that Senator with some weird excuse while very vaguely trying to say without saying that he thinks the Senator is wrong.
I called Night Strike out on that bit of partisanship.
Phatscotty and john9blue started claiming that because I didn't realize the Senator was female, my entire position in the thread was based on ignorance.
I called the two of them out on their bullshit, knowing that my personal involvement in the issue led me to be very familiar with it.

Sometimes, I wonder if Phatscotty appreciates john9blue's supremely repressed gag reflex.

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:37 pm

here's what happened: you saw the title, thought "i'm a disabled veteran too, i want my cost of living adjustment, that anonymous republican is doing a bad thing"

and yes, they probably ARE doing a bad thing

but you just jump right in with your baseless opinions, without even doing the slightest bit of research, and expect us to respect them? why? just because you might be one of the people affected?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Symmetry on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:48 pm

john9blue wrote:here's what happened: you saw the title, thought "i'm a disabled veteran too, i want my cost of living adjustment, that anonymous republican is doing a bad thing"

but you just jump right in with your baseless opinions, without even doing the slightest bit of research, and expect us to respect them? why? just because you might be one of the people affected?

So you essentially think the Republicans are doing something bad, but don't want someone else pointing it out?

A baseless accusation that you probably agree with?

Hmm.
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry

Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:16 pm

Symmetry wrote:
john9blue wrote:here's what happened: you saw the title, thought "i'm a disabled veteran too, i want my cost of living adjustment, that anonymous republican is doing a bad thing"

So you essentially think the Republicans are doing something bad, but don't want someone else pointing it out?

Hmm.

the journey to the right answer is more important than the destination.

people can believe whatever the hell they want, but if it's for the wrong reasons then i will call them out on it. that's why most of my criticism is directed at liberals despite the fact that i often agree with them.
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Baseless opinions? Exactly what was it that I said, OTHER THAN A MISTAKE OF GENDER OF A SENATOR, that was baseless, John? Please be precise here. Thanks!

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:19 pm

john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Hmm.

people can believe whatever the hell they want, but if it's for the wrong reasons then i will call them out on it. that's why most of my criticism is directed at liberals despite the fact that i often agree with them.

The journey to the destination has been my entire adult life, you stupid shit. What about YOUR "journey to the destination" in this thread, Mr Moderate?

You've concluded that my reasons "are the wrong reasons" BECAUSE I WAS MISTAKEN ABOUT THE GENDER OF A SENATOR?

And this is your defense following my clear point that "I don't know anything about the issue" was shot full of holes, right?

Like I said, I hope Phatscotty appreciates your supremely repressed gag reflex.

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:29 pm

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Hmm.

The journey to the destination has been my entire adult life, you stupid shit. What about YOUR "journey to the destination" in this thread, Mr Moderate?

You've concluded that my reasons "are the wrong reasons" BECAUSE I WAS MISTAKEN ABOUT THE GENDER OF A SENATOR?

And this is your defense following my clear point that "I don't know anything about the issue" was shot full of holes, right?

i never said you don't know anything about this issue. i said that you shouldn't be commenting on an article that you didn't bother to read. don't you agree?
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:34 pm

john9blue wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Hmm.

i never said you don't know anything about this issue. i said that you shouldn't be commenting on an article that you didn't bother to read. don't you agree?

Oh, John...at what point do you just stop? Almost every post you've made in this thread has been a statement about my knowledge of this issue. But here you go, from this thread, Mr Moderate:

john9blue wrote:so??

john9blue wrote:well, you have an awfully strong opinion for someone who doesn't even know what they're talking about.

john9blue wrote:there's no avoiding the fact that you don't know the facts about the issue and didn't read the article. your ignorance of murray's gender makes that crystal clear.

Postby Woodruff on Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:54 pm

And aside from all of those quotes, you never did answer me as to why my lack of knowledge of the Senator's gender has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the issue.

Hell, I could've played the dishonest game and just said that it was a typo on my part and I meant to type "she" there...nobody would've been able to dispute that.

But I didn't. So why are you playing the dishonest game, John?

Postby Phatscotty on Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Dude, you got busted trolling, HARD. You don't have a clue what you are talking out.

Nothing can repress that

Dukasaur wrote:You can save yourself a lot of angst if you turn off CNN.

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby john9blue on Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:44 pm

Woodruff wrote:And aside from all of those quotes, you never did answer me as to why my lack of knowledge of the Senator's gender has ANYTHING AT ALL to do with the issue.

Hell, I could've played the dishonest game and just said that it was a typo on my part and I meant to type "she" there...nobody would've been able to dispute that.

But I didn't. So why are you playing the dishonest game, John?

for the last time, i don't have a problem with your position on the issue of disabled veterans. i have a problem with you talking about something you don't know about (in this case, an article that you didn't read).

why would i be debating you on the "issue" of COL for veterans if i agreed with you on that issue? doesn't make sense.

it's interesting watching you weasel your way out of situations in which your ignorance has been exposed. your recent claim that tax increases cannot negatively affect businesses comes to mind. i would have more respect for you if you were able to admit when you were clearly and undeniably wrong. but once again you took the low road and got exposed as a child who can't admit his mistakes.
Captain john9blue

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?