Conquer Club

You've always wanted to say?

Discuss Mafia Games, roles, ideas for games, mechanics, and everything else related to the game here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

You've always wanted to say?

Postby jak111 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:06 pm

/ wrote:Is there anything you've wanted to complain about in thread, but self-censored because you would probably get lynched for it?

For me, it's:
Why do we have to drag every day out to the last five seconds? Yes, discussion is good, use the time we have and whatever, but can't we ever just say "good enough" and settle something without needing the mod breathing down our necks with a deadline?

Since people wrecked /'s last thread of this, I'm letting him have another go at this running ^^
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Re: You've always wanted to say?

Postby edocsil on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 pm

"It's never personal."

Might not be true, but if you always go in assuming that, a lot of crap can be avoided.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby jak111 on Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:33 pm

edocsil wrote:"It's never personal."

That's something I think of more in recent terms with games. People seem to sometimes forget that it's only a game.

But prepare for a long paragraph (Well I dunno, sometimes I rant for a whole page worth, other times for a few sentences lol).

I seriously believe there are people that just need to shut up sometimes and let information settle. (I'm guilty of this sometimes) It annoys the hell out of me when people are either presented with a case against them or a case from them toward another person and they've said all they can say, yet they continue saying the same shit over and over and over again until whatever credibility they had is lost. Or they change one word about their story and BOOM, their credibility, case, and trust is out the window.

When you state a defense or bring forth a case, don't keep harassing people to do this or that, if you have nothing new to say a post every 2nd to 3rd post with pretty much the exact same train of thought and NOTHING new, it irritates people beyond belief. Sometimes people just need to learn to shut their mouth and trust that others will process the information to the best of their ability.

It's like when people claim to be town and expect EVERYONE to know they are town without proof, claim, or anything. You need to remember, other people's knowledge is only limited, sure mafia will try and twist your facts, but if they didn't I'd be questioning how good they are at playing Mafia. Don't get your panties in a knot because people hang you either because of false information or you somehow lost their trust or their respect.

Oh how I love listening to people complain after a game about how they were lynched when they were mafia all along.. it's like WTF? They did the best they could and they got caught, doesn't mean they need to start throwing names around.

Which brings me to my final point (I think) for this rant. Gloaters. Sure it's fine to say that you did a good job somehow and give yourself a pat on the back, but to drag it on for the game or through other games constantly is annoying as hell. It's a game, congrats, you won, you don't even get points here like you do in the Risk part of this site. This is a friendly community (Well, 60% of the time when we're not ripping each other apart to prove one another wrong :-$ O:) ), and we get along nicely. Just remember, a lot of the games are never PERFECTLY balanced so going past maybe 1-2 posts bitching about how the game was set up, you're not gonna get far doing that. I know / and myself seem to be bastard mods as far as set-up goes. Me with testing new roles I invent out of thin air XD and / for his wacky set ups like Play The Mod, and a few others.

Let me redirect anyone to a quote that's in my sig for when they get pissed off at something here.

All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers.
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby aage on Wed Aug 15, 2012 6:10 am

Might not be true, but if you always go in assuming that, a lot of crap can be avoided.

Meh. It's always personal. All meta arguments are based on personality and technically all non-cop-claim cases are meta (or wifom, which would be the same).

Also, I'm unsure if Jak's post is intended ironically or not. I agree, though. There's always idiots in games. The trick is not to make it obvious who you think the idiots are.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jgordon1111 on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:16 am

Hmmm,sometimes I make it personal to get everyone to play,or to see if someone is going to take the bait and what their reactions are,if they change up on how they react to me pissing them off this game compared to others,it gives me a feel for them.

I find it much easier to feel everyone out this way, it creates long discussions where someone may slip up.

So I just wanted to say sorry it is personal until the game is over. Then hey GG now its not personal lets play another one. :P
Private jgordon1111

Postby strike wolf on Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:19 am

A Spiderman 2 quote comes to mind "LISTEN TO ME NOW!"
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Something that comes to mind that I always want to say? hmmm... DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE NOOBIES. They all have a trick up their sleeve. My first game I made it to the final night as an SK when about 2-3 times during the game I should have been strung up and slapped for my obviousness. But someone always dismissed it as "Its his first game". If they act like they at least know a few details of the game, dont give them the easy break over and over. Chances are they are eager about something, and it may not be good for the town either.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Kanin Usagi on Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:41 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Something that comes to mind that I always want to say? hmmm... DONT UNDERESTIMATE THE NOOBIES. They all have a trick up their sleeve. My first game I made it to the final night as an SK when about 2-3 times during the game I should have been strung up and slapped for my obviousness. But someone always dismissed it as "Its his first game". If they act like they at least know a few details of the game, dont give them the easy break over and over. Chances are they are eager about something, and it may not be good for the town either.

Don't tell people that! They'll start thinking I'm better than I actually am. >_>
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Commander9 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:36 pm

aage wrote:

Meh. It's always personal. All meta arguments are based on personality and technically all non-cop-claim cases are meta (or wifom, which would be the same).

Also, I'm unsure if Jak's post is intended ironically or not. I agree, though. There's always idiots in games. The trick is not to make it obvious who you think the idiots are.

This. Factoring out personalities out off the mafia game takes away most of the colours and fun.
But... It was so artistically done.
Lieutenant Commander9

Postby rishaed on Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:51 am

Sorry if I'm necrobumping, But I wanted to say that the hardest part of Modding for me right now is coming up with just the right amount of flavor for Night scenes, I'll be thinking about it the night before, and bam I start typing and all that wonderful wordplay went out the window ):. That and watching from the outside is really hard when its an interesting game.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby safariguy5 on Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:37 pm

rishaed wrote:Sorry if I'm necrobumping, But I wanted to say that the hardest part of Modding for me right now is coming up with just the right amount of flavor for Night scenes, I'll be thinking about it the night before, and bam I start typing and all that wonderful wordplay went out the window ):. That and watching from the outside is really hard when its an interesting game.

Sometimes when it's what seems to me like exceptionally boneheaded play and a certain amount of sheeping, I must resist the urge to make *headdesk* like comments.
Captain safariguy5

Postby jak111 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:36 am

Right now, the biggest thing I have a problem with is when I know I am right and nobody will give me a chance at proving it yet the chances are given again and again to ones that are caught by an investigation role/scene flavour/admitted non-townie.

(This post will be updated when the two games end.)
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby aage on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:47 pm

jak111 wrote:Right now, the biggest thing I have a problem with is when I know I am right and nobody will give me a chance at proving it yet the chances are given again and again to ones that are caught by an investigation role/scene flavour/admitted non-townie.

(This post will be updated when the two games end.)

Knowing you're right is irrelevant, persuasiveness is everything.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby rishaed on Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:11 pm

That and playing your cards at the right time, in the best situation you don't get your hand forced, but that rarely happens.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Return to Mafia Discussions