Conquer Club

Anyone Want to Buy CC?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

Anyone Want to Buy CC?

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:54 pm

In the recent discussions about CC declining and the conclusions drawn as a result I was wondering if there wasn't some fat cat player out there who cares enough about CC to give lack an "offer he can't refuse" and take up the reigns, so to speak. I am sure none of the mods are particularly loyal to their absentee leader and would gladly pick up where they left off.
So come on out, Mr. Fat Cat, don't be shy... 8-[
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Anyone Want to Buy CC?

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:16 pm

I would buy it for like 5 grand
Sergeant 72o

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:25 pm

24 dollars and a stick of gum. Take it or leave it lack.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:37 pm

How many premium members are there?
Sergeant 72o

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:10 pm

I'd buy it for 15k, no more!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:16 pm

72o wrote:How many premium members are there?

I'm sure someone on here know and will post soon...
I think I remember someone saying the site grosses 25k a year? So does 1k premium members sound reasonable? I really don't have any idea, just throwing something out so someone else corrects me with the accurate info.
Seems like it may not even be that bad of an investment, depending on how much faith you have in its recovery with a little TLC.

I am never ashamed to make the old lowball move but 5k seems a little low considering. :)

15k seems more reasonable, its worth a shot.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:23 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:15k seems more reasonable, its worth a shot.

I'm taking donations, everyone that donates to me so I can buy this from lack gets the equivalent of premium in return! :D The more you donate, more free years you'll get. f you donate $1000USD, you'll get lifetime premium!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm staying around just to see how this circus ends :). My prediction is that cc will either be sold or put down within 11 months from now.
I'm leaning towards it being put down though.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby isaiah40 on Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:57 pm

Gillipig wrote:I'm staying around just to see how this circus ends :). My prediction is that cc will either be sold or put down within 11 months from now.

So donate some money to me so I can bring this site back to life!!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:08 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
Gillipig wrote:I'm staying around just to see how this circus ends :). My prediction is that cc will either be sold or put down within 11 months from now.

So donate some money to me so I can bring this site back to life!!

You are insinuating that:

a) I want the site to survive.
and
b) I'm willing to pay for that to happen.
and
c) I trust you to not just take the money for yourself.

Oh......were you just kidding? I sometimes miss those kind of things. What do you call them...jokes? Being an alien in disguise is not always easy you know.

*Dammit!*

As you can see I'm just saying what first pops into my head. I don't think these are good jokes either.

Or do I? ...............
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:In the recent discussions about CC declining and the conclusions drawn as a result I was wondering if there wasn't some fat cat player out there who cares enough about CC to give lack an "offer he can't refuse" and take up the reigns, so to speak. I am sure none of the mods are particularly loyal to their absentee leader and would gladly pick up where they left off.

I actually attempted to contact lackattack about purchasing CC. It's been a while...maybe three months or so ago since I contacted AndyDufresne initially (since lackattack won't allow anyone to PM him directly), to which Andy told me how to try to contact lackattack. No response, which I've taken as no interest.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:58 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:In the recent discussions about CC declining and the conclusions drawn as a result I was wondering if there wasn't some fat cat player out there who cares enough about CC to give lack an "offer he can't refuse" and take up the reigns, so to speak. I am sure none of the mods are particularly loyal to their absentee leader and would gladly pick up where they left off.

I actually attempted to contact lackattack about purchasing CC. It's been a while...maybe three months or so ago since I contacted AndyDufresne initially (since lackattack won't allow anyone to PM him directly), to which Andy told me how to try to contact lackattack. No response, which I've taken as no interest.

Very mysterious. Is anyone really that apathetic? Maybe lack has been kidnapped by some evil arch-enemy whose sole delight is to watch CC die a slow death.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Johnny Rockets on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:56 am

Or perhaps he's satisfied with the income this site generates?

Does anyone have any hard data on the number of premium subscriptions?

Have these been declining?
Because if all we are loosing are mostly fremiums, then perhaps it puts the "Great C.C. Decline into perspective?

I'd have to see the books of course, but my first offer would be 150k just for the potential it offers.

Johnny Rockets

honeyb.ca
Sergeant 1st Class Johnny Rockets

Postby Gillipig on Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:12 am

Johnny Rockets wrote:Or perhaps he's satisfied with the income this site generates?

Does anyone have any hard data on the number of premium subscriptions?

Have these been declining?
Because if all we are loosing are mostly fremiums, then perhaps it puts the "Great C.C. Decline into perspective?

I'd have to see the books of course, but my first offer would be 150k just for the potential it offers.

Johnny Rockets

honeyb.ca

Monopoly money or real money?
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby AslanTheKing on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:42 pm

CC could save alot of money per year if they would stop buying random numbers,

who needs random numbers.
I used to roll the daizz
Feel the fear in my enemyĀ“s eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing:

Long live the Army Of Kings !

AOK

show: AOK Rocks
Sergeant 1st Class AslanTheKing

Postby 72o on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:54 pm

AslanTheKing wrote:CC could save alot of money per year if they would stop buying random numbers,

who needs random numbers.

Yeah, I can make a list of sixes and call them "defender dice" and call it a day.
Sergeant 72o

Postby 72o on Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Seriously though, if I could get some details on the revenues and expenses, I'd be willing to make a legitimate offer. I don't know how to code, though, so I'd have to hire slackattack or somebody else to do that work for me. And if I'm going to pay them, they'd actually have to work.

I'd probably want to sell ad space though. Nowadays if you don't have adblock you deserve to have to look at ads.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:07 pm

number of premium members*25+number of conquer cup members*5
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby 72o on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:11 pm

Army of GOD wrote:number of premium members*25+number of conquer cup members*5

minus hardware costs, minus server/hosting costs, minus costs to buy hard drives to store all the stupid posts in the forums, etc.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:18 pm

72o wrote:

minus hardware costs, minus server/hosting costs, minus costs to buy hard drives to store all the stupid posts in the forums, etc.

yea, I was just saying gross income. Oh yea, plus what they make from the gift shop and shit.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby 72o on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Army of GOD wrote:
72o wrote:

yea, I was just saying gross income. Oh yea, plus what they make from the gift shop and shit.

Yeah, that 20 bucks a year is key. As is the pennies of residual from the conquer points or whatever those things are.
Sergeant 72o

Postby 72o on Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:30 pm

I wonder what a reasonable revenue multiple is for valuation of a website like this one. I'm thinking like 8-12x monthly gross revenue is probably reasonable.

So if there's 4000 premium players, we're talking 67-100K.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:52 pm

Lets say that lack just wants to keep on with the old status quo. I'm thinking now you would have to make him an offer in excess of what he could make by running it as he has, for however many more years it is going to theoretically be in existence. Therefore, questions to consider when making an offer: Projected lifespan of CC? How old is lack? Does he have kids going to college soon? Is he terminal? Etc., etc., etc..
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby ljex on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:49 pm

Id be willing to offer lack all of the profits up to a maximum of 75,000 every year for 30 hours a week coding and myself getting the right to decide what he codes and make all the business decisions.

I think we can realistically assume that over the last few years the site has averaged about 3000-4000 premium members. I would guess counting the admin and server space we are looking at lack having a takehome of somewhere from 30,000 to 50,000 every year at a minimum. As far as i know he doesnt have a job but i do think he has other websites.

To be honest i think lack's biggest problem is that he doesnt know how to run a business...he is a programmer so we cant blame him, but at the end of the day business decisions need to be made and he doesnt perform in those aspects.
Major ljex

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:04 pm

72o wrote:I wonder what a reasonable revenue multiple is for valuation of a website like this one. I'm thinking like 8-12x monthly gross revenue is probably reasonable.

So if there's 4000 premium players, we're talking 67-100K.

oops, you forgot the $200.00-300.00 per year he sells in T-shirts, coffee mugs and the like ;-D
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Next

Return to Conquer Club Discussion