Conquer Club

Mitt Romney Scandals

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Mitt Romney Scandals

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:07 pm

chang50 wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Sym, for an allegedly education young man, why are you so stubbornly ignorant?
(asking sincerely here)

Lol,questioning someone's education or lack of,using very poor English,or were you striving for comic effect.. :-s

Has my pattern of posting been mostly serious or mostly joking or some dual simultaneous mixture?

*(note how Sym could not resist addressing that mispel.)
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:10 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:Sym, for an allegedly education young man, why are you so stubbornly ignorant?
(asking sincerely here)

What do you think I'm ignorant of? As an allegedly "education" (sic.) young man, I'm curious.

"Stubbornly ignorant," Sym.

You hold view X.

View X is shown to be wrong.

You dodge and continue on.

It's almost as if.... you've become contaminated with Phatism.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:18 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
(asking sincerely here)

What do you think I'm ignorant of? As an allegedly "education" (sic.) young man, I'm curious.

You hold view X.

It's difficult to argue with you if your stance is simply that you want to flame.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:22 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
(asking sincerely here)

You hold view X.

It's difficult to argue with you if your stance is simply that you want to flame.

Ah, not bad. I was expecting something more witty, but I'll settle for the weak straw man.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:28 pm

My liege, and madam, to expostulate
What majesty should be, what duty is,
What day is day, night night, and time is time,
Were nothing but to waste night, day, and time;
Therefore, since brevity is the soul of wit,
And tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes,
I will be brief. Your noble son is mad. . . .

You're getting tedious BBS, and more than a little mad.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:26 pm

Since this has shockingly degenerated into intellectual flaming... I'm gonna sum up:

Symmetry: Obama is an awesome diplomat. Romney would be a failure (shambles).
BBS: Here are all the bad things that have happened involving the US, diplomatically, since Obama became president.
Symmetry: Dodge.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:35 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Since this has shockingly degenerated into intellectual flaming... I'm gonna sum up:

BBS: Here are all the bad things that have happened involving the US, diplomatically, since Obama became president.

Bit unfair, no? Obama is a pretty good diplomat, and certainly better than Romney. Where's the dodge in that? I'm pretty sure I never said Obama was awesome.

I have a limited amount of awe, but a fair amount of ire. Romney is irritating.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:25 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Since this has shockingly degenerated into intellectual flaming... I'm gonna sum up:

I'm waiting for Lootifer to drop by and once again be embarrassed by his friend on the left.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

Symmetry wrote:You're getting tedious BBS, and more than a little mad.

BBS, can we incorporate this into your 2012 campaign as well? We've already got you a #1 Slogan ("Stop crying and get logical.), but we need a good #2 Slogan that can play in the Midwest and Rustbelt.

"BBS: Tedious and more than a little mad."

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:02 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Symmetry wrote:You're getting tedious BBS, and more than a little mad.

BBS, can we incorporate this into your 2012 campaign as well? We've already got you a #1 Slogan ("Stop crying and get logical.), but we need a good #2 Slogan that can play in the Midwest and Rustbelt.

"BBS: Tedious and more than a little mad."

--Andy

Excellent Suggestion! To the printing presses!!! Activate the Laser-Printing Modulator! <twists random analog dials> Engage Primary Hydrospheratic Magnulator! <loads up the PC> Create New Character!

I'm sorry, Andy, what were you saying?
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:14 pm

BBS, don't make me more than a little mad. You never know what will happen when I reach full monkey madness.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:21 pm

That's easy! We'll just boot you into that time machine, and problem solved!

Let other generations of people deal with wrathful monkeys.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:56 pm

Symmetry wrote:

Bit unfair, no? Obama is a pretty good diplomat, and certainly better than Romney. Where's the dodge in that? I'm pretty sure I never said Obama was awesome.

I was summing up. Summing up involves taking liberties with the details. BBS provided a rather lengthy, although partial, list of Obama's diplomatic faults. You've failed to address them. So I think the word "awesome" is acceptable.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:34 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

I was summing up. Summing up involves taking liberties with the details. BBS provided a rather lengthy, although partial, list of Obama's diplomatic faults. You've failed to address them. So I think the word "awesome" is acceptable.

Because I didn't address BBS adequately, my position is now changed? Taking liberties with the details is one thing, simply being dishonest is another.
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Because I didn't address BBS adequately, my position is now changed? Taking liberties with the details is one thing, simply being dishonest is another.

Sym, you steadfastly think Obama is diplomatic. Obviously, that was shown to not be the case, but it doesn't matter if someone offers criticism which contradicts your previously held notions. You're not here to learn but rather to launch into monologues and berate people with excuses and logical fallacies whenever they object.

You're getting tedious, Symmetry, and more than a little mad.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:30 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

Sym, you steadfastly think Obama is diplomatic. Obviously, that was shown to not be the case, but it doesn't matter if someone offers criticism which contradicts your previously held notions. You're not here to learn but rather to launch into monologues and berate people with excuses and logical fallacies whenever they object.

You're getting tedious, Symmetry, and more than a little mad.

He's not diplomatic now? That he's poor on his diplomacy or not is a different issue. Arguing that he isn't diplomatic is a pretty radical take,
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby BigBallinStalin on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:34 pm

Symmetry, I know that a scale between diplomatic and hawkish may seem to nuanced of a concept for you, but I can only pray that you'll recover from your fallacious thinking.
Major BigBallinStalin

Postby Symmetry on Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:38 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:Symmetry, I know that a scale between diplomatic and hawkish may seem to nuanced of a concept for you, but I can only pray that you'll recover from your fallacious thinking.

Too, you meant to write too.

I have no idea of the scale between diplomatic and hawkish.

I suspect it's not an actual scale.

Provisionally let's put me at a 5 (assuming your scale is out of ten).
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:31 pm

Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby notyou2 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:53 pm

If he wins, will his name be The Gaffer?
Captain notyou2

Postby Juan_Bottom on Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:11 pm

Could be, but I do love "Flip Romney."

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Bain Capital closing profitable Illinois auto parts plant

It's a pretty big deal here. Dudes are living downtown in tents, in OCTOBER. That's mid-winter in Canada. And winter lasts a long time.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Bain Capital closing profitable Illinois auto parts plant

It's a pretty big deal here. Dudes are living downtown in tents, in OCTOBER. That's mid-winter in Canada. And winter lasts a long time.

How does that make it a Mitt Romney scandal?
Major Night Strike

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:43 pm

Not a big deal on the national level, but it's a huge deal locally. People have been on tv talking about how they've torn down their own Romney support signs because he's profiting from the removal of jobs from the area. Our unemployment rate is already well above national average, and the plant is profitable, but they're still shipping the factory itself to China. Part of the labor force was sent to China to train their replacements and still another portion has been living in tents downtown in protest. Our local government has written several useless letters to Bain and to Romney, though they're just as well off saving paper for all the good it's doing. It's a huge deal in my community. As Sarah Thompson said, she's 'pretty disgusted that a person can make a profit from the suffering of other people, then say that they have no knowledge of where that profit is coming from.' She's right, that doesn't make it good. But that's what Romney said, that he doesn't know anything about the closing of the Freeport plant, though he's making money off of it.

Postby Night Strike on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:46 pm

How's Romney profiting from a company he doesn't even work for/own?
Major Night Strike

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,