Conquer Club

Nothing Threatens the Future as Much as Debts from the Past

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Nothing Threatens the Future as Much as Debts from the P

Postby Symmetry on Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:38 am

tzor wrote:I love it when Player has a progressive hissy fit. Throwing out stale talking points from progressive la la land like an escaping octopus throws out ink.

As Sean Hannity says...

When you started throwing a hissy fit about Player was the first of your problems, quoting Sean Hannity as a trusted source was the icing on your cake of madness.

The icing also being mad.

It was mad icing.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby tzor on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:36 am

Symmetry wrote:When you started throwing a hissy fit about Player was the first of your problems, quoting Sean Hannity as a trusted source was the icing on your cake of madness.

Tell me how you feel about Sean Hannity. How long has this anger existed?

Let's see, my first quote was Robert P. Murphy Ph.D. and I've also quoted sources from Hillsdale College, but meh, whatever.

I think my only hissy fit was "I hate IE." I tend to do that often. :twisted:
Cadet tzor

Postby PLAYER57832 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:24 am

tzor wrote:I love it when Player has a progressive hissy fit. Throwing out stale talking points from progressive la la land like an escaping octopus throws out ink.

As Sean Hannity says, "Republicans want dirty air, dirty water and kids with autism and Down's syndrome." In Player's case it's "Capitalists want dirty air, dirty water, and dead people." After all, what about the Gulf of Mexico? What would prevent it from another disaster? Well what caused that disaster? Was it really unchained capitalism, or was it just another half assed over regulated industry by the incompitent gloriously progressive federal government?
Capitalism wants profit. That is the definition of Capitalism. The rest is politics.

See, the problem with you right-wingers is you want to frame EVERYTHING into a "liberal versus capitalism" framework". It doesn't work.
tzor wrote:What has that got to do with central planning over letting economic cycles have their course is, of course, beyond both me and the logical casual observer, but who really cares.

Well, what it has to do with it is obvious, but of course.. you said it yourself. You don't care, you just want to claim you are superior.
tzor wrote:China, has a one hundred year plan! (Take that you primitive USSR, we pwn you for long range plans.)
And name a US company that does....

tzor wrote:So what is the real difference between the capitalist and the central planner? The former uses his own money and the later uses someone elses. You cannot slander one without slandering the other. The difference is that there are many capitalists and only one central planner. (In fact monoplies cannot form unless goverment makes it possible.) Capitalism certainly isn't perfect, but it sure as hell beats your alternative and does so every time.

The difference is neither.
The difference between China and the US is that China remembers it has existed for over 5000 years, and has real expectation to continue and, once again, reach superiority.

The US likes to claim it is already superior.. and if it slides, its simply because some idiot liberals have demanded too much from the free market big corporations.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby tzor on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:19 am

PLAYER57832 wrote:Capitalism wants profit. That is the definition of Capitalism. The rest is politics.

People want profit. The definition of Capitalism is the investment of property (capital) so as to get a return on that investment.

PLAYER57832 wrote:See, the problem with you right-wingers is you want to frame EVERYTHING into a "liberal versus capitalism" framework". It doesn't work.

Actually I want to frame it as a monopolistic progressive thing vs a polyphonic free market thing.

PLAYER57832 wrote:The difference between China and the US is that China remembers it has existed for over 5000 years, and has real expectation to continue and, once again, reach superiority.

This is a "Fillder on the Roof" syndone. China has not "existed" for 5000 years. You can no more compare the current communist country to the Ming dynesty than you can compare the current Federal Government to the Five Nations of the Iriquois. Governments and economic systems rise and fall all the time. Just because you can trace people down from one generation to the next does not make either their current economic system or their current form of government planning "superior." Besides, I thought you liberals tended to object when Americans bring up 5,000 year old things like the Ten Commandments, in their arguments.

PLAYER57832 wrote:The US likes to claim it is already superior.. and if it slides, its simply because some idiot liberals have demanded too much from the free market big corporations.

We claim we are "exceptional," meaning "the exception." If we slide it is because we are responsible for the sliding.

The hardest thing for a progressive to understand is that fundamentally there is no real difference between a "big corporation" and a "big government." You just replace one label with another. Monopolies flat out suck and never work. The Federal Government is a monopoly of sots. The State Governments are also "big" but there are 50 of them in competition with each other. The problem is not size, the problem is in numbers.
Cadet tzor

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:45 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:

As Sean Hannity says, "Republicans want dirty air, dirty water and kids with autism and Down's syndrome." In Player's case it's "Capitalists want dirty air, dirty water, and dead people." After all, what about the Gulf of Mexico? What would prevent it from another disaster? Well what caused that disaster? Was it really unchained capitalism, or was it just another half assed over regulated industry by the incompitent gloriously progressive federal government?
Capitalism wants profit. That is the definition of Capitalism. The rest is politics.

Capitalism = wants profit.
All others = politics.

<scratches head>

hmm....

"Capitalism" isn't a useful term as far as seeking the truth goes. It's a bogeyman which is perfect for (un)intentional straw man arguments that in turn reinforce erroneous worldviews.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Nobunaga on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:23 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:See, the problem with you right-wingers is you want to frame EVERYTHING into a "liberal versus capitalism" framework". It doesn't work.

... It absolutely works, so long as we accept capitalism to mean an economic system characterized by private or corporate ownership of capital goods, by investments that are determined by private decision, and by prices, production, and the distribution of goods that are determined mainly by competition in a free market.

... Every argument you and the statists/libs of your mindset make sets up the next victim in your endless parade of them, then seeks to relieve that victim of their problems through the confiscation by government of the labor (wages) and property of others.

... Probably 90%, if not more of the political arguments on this site can be boiled down to just that. Very simple really.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,