Conquer Club

The Great Presidential Debate

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The Great Presidential Debate

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:34 pm

R U READY?

The lazy and fat Obama will try to defend his title, but Romney has been working out overtime and getting in shape with lots of practice and hard work.

Last edited by Phatscotty on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Re: THE GREAT DEBATE!

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:42 pm

Phatscotty wrote:R U READY?

The lazy and fat Obama will try to defend his title, but Romney has been working out overtime and getting in shape with lots of practice and hard work.

There hasn't been a real Presidential debate since the League of Women Voters were essentially forced out of the thing by the two parties. This thing tonight will just be another dog-and-pony show.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:44 pm

I can guarantee you that the winner will be chosen by perception instead of policy, which is quite unfortunate.
Major Night Strike

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:47 pm

vs.

Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:58 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Image

vs.

Gary Johnson is going to be on tonight's debate? Because that ain't Obama or Romney in that second picture.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:59 pm

It's a really sad statement of American politics when more Americans will watch the debate than actually take the time to vote.
Captain notyou2

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:02 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Image

vs.

Gary Johnson is going to be on tonight's debate? Because that ain't Obama or Romney in that second picture.

+1 on that.

Hey look, I agreed with Woody!! :o
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:03 pm

patrickaa317 wrote:
Woodruff wrote:Gary Johnson is going to be on tonight's debate? Because that ain't Obama or Romney in that second picture.

+1 on that.
Hey look, I agreed with Woody!! :o

You and I do agree...occasionally. <smile>

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:16 pm

If I could wish for one thing in the entire world, more than anything else, of all my politics and philosophy etc......it would be that Gary Johnson was participating in the debate tonight.

If he could have pulled that off, I would be very likely voting for him and supporting him.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:47 pm

Phatscotty wrote:If I could wish for one thing in the entire world, more than anything else, of all my politics and philosophy etc......it would be that Gary Johnson was participating in the debate tonight.

If he could have pulled that off, I would be very likely voting for him and supporting him.

You've summed yourself up in one sad comment. I guess being a frontrunner pays the bills.

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:09 pm

It's the President's anniversary? That sucks.

I mean, I know it comes with the job...but that sucks.

I did like Romney's comment about it in his opening...that was legitimately funny, and I don't often consider Romney to be funny.

Postby Neoteny on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Big dodge by Obama, there.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:12 pm

Woodruff wrote:It's the President's anniversary? That sucks.

I did like Romney's comment about it in his opening...that was legitimately funny, and I don't often consider Romney to be funny.

Yeah, you would think they would have worked out a different date for the debate. But the line was definitely funny. I can't tell if Romney is slightly hoarse or is trying to speak relatively softly/controlled.
Major Night Strike

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:13 pm

Come over to Live Chat so we can discuss in real time.
Major Night Strike

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:14 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:It's the President's anniversary? That sucks.

Yeah, you would think they would have worked out a different date for the debate. But the line was definitely funny. I can't tell if Romney is slightly hoarse or is trying to speak relatively softly/controlled.

Probably hoarse from all the campaigning.
Captain notyou2

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:37 pm

I thought it was a good debate for both candidates, actually. I sort of felt sorry for the moderator. <grin>

Next time, let's get a couple of good candidates in there (<mumble>...Jill Stein...<grumble>...Gary Johnson).

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:39 pm

Mitt Romney wins.

Not even close
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Mitt Romney wins.

Not even close

A STUNNING statement coming from you. I'm so glad you could make a statement that held real thought.

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:45 pm

Not even close

Agreed, but only because Obama was terrible and clearly not prepared. Romney did a great job getting ready for this.

In saying that, Romney really needs to start giving some specifics on his plans if he wants a chance in this. I'm really getting tired of the "budget will be balanced" mantra without any details.
Major Bones2484

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:47 pm

One of my cadets tweeted (twitted?) that she was bothered that religion was discussed during the debate.

This confuses me, as I don't remember religion being discussed. I only remember Romney mentioning briefly about keeping religious freedom intact. Which didn't bother me in the slightest.

Was religion actually discussed and I missed it?

Postby Night Strike on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:49 pm

Woodruff wrote:One of my cadets tweeted (twitted?) that she was bothered that religion was discussed during the debate.

This confuses me, as I don't remember religion being discussed. I only remember Romney mentioning briefly about keeping religious freedom intact. Which didn't bother me in the slightest.

That was the only comment I remember.
Major Night Strike

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:51 pm

Woodruff wrote:One of my cadets tweeted (twitted?) that she was bothered that religion was discussed during the debate.

Hell if I know, despite it being on right over the kitchen table, I have long since blocked out anything those two morons say whenever they come on TV (political ads or otherwise). My time is better spent stabbing my toes with toothpicks. That and my uncle and aunt out here would occasionally have an outburst at Obama about every other time he spoke. My uncle is private sector, but works with the naval airbase out here, so his job is directly connected to the military, so I can understand him being more than critical of someone who wants to downsize the military.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:54 pm

muy_thaiguy wrote:

Hell if I know, despite it being on right over the kitchen table, I have long since blocked out anything those two morons say whenever they come on TV (political ads or otherwise). My time is better spent stabbing my toes with toothpicks. That and my uncle and aunt out here would occasionally have an outburst at Obama about every other time he spoke. My uncle is private sector, but works with the naval airbase out here, so his job is directly connected to the military, so I can understand him being more than critical of someone who wants to downsize the military.

You oughta stay out there for Top Gun. It's quite a show. We used to take some of our cadets out there for it.

Postby patrickaa317 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:55 pm

Bones2484 wrote:

Not even close

Agreed, but only because Obama was terrible and clearly not prepared. Romney did a great job getting ready for this.

In saying that, Romney really needs to start giving some specifics on his plans if he wants a chance in this. I'm really getting tired of the "budget will be balanced" mantra without any details.

Pretty sure he said he'd cut Obamacare and stop funding PBS; combine government agencies and reduce public employment through attrition. Those are a few pieces in balancing the budget though there is still a lot more that needs to happen.
taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby muy_thaiguy on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:56 pm

Woodruff wrote:
muy_thaiguy wrote:

You oughta stay out there for Top Gun. It's quite a show. We used to take some of our cadets out there for it.

Well, Saturday I'm heading to Reno for the Wyoming/UNR game, Sunday coming back to Fallon after a stop by Lake Tahoe, and then Tuesday I begin the 1000 mile ride home.
"Eh, whatever."
-Anonymous

What, you expected something deep or flashy?
Private 1st Class muy_thaiguy

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,