Conquer Club

Why do you hate bicyclists?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

I hate bicyclists because

Total votes : 0

Re: Why do you hate bicyclists?

Postby notyou2 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:54 pm

Phatscotty wrote:People ignore the very real problem here, that bicyclists hate car drivers more

Do you blame them? Let's see you almost get killed everyday on your commute to work and then comeback and tell us how the evil car drivers are out to get you.

I really wonder if you think before you type.
Captain notyou2

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:06 pm

notyou2 wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:People ignore the very real problem here, that bicyclists hate car drivers more

Do you blame them? Let's see you almost get killed everyday on your commute to work and then comeback and tell us how the evil car drivers are out to get you.

No, I do not blame them at all, so I will ignore the fodder because it assumed that I do blame them.

The point I want to get at here is that, because I do not blame them, for the reason you stated as a great example, simply put, we recognize that the bicyclist is the one that needs to be careful for cars.

It's the bikers that shove their right of way laws at motorists in the big cities and hold up traffic to the point of road rage that give the generalities about bikers their stereotype.

Bikers need to be more careful, from what I have seen in my own personal experience. I recognize that a few times I did not see a bicycle coming at me and I should not have been 9 inches past the white line at a stop sign, but its also a huge problem when the biker jamming on his Ipod did not even slow down and almost slammed into my hood at 20 mph on the nearside of the crosswalk.
Major Phatscotty

Postby MeDeFe on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:05 am

Phatscotty wrote:
notyou2 wrote:

No, I do not blame them at all, so I will ignore the fodder because it assumed that I do blame them.

The point I want to get at here is that, because I do not blame them, for the reason you stated as a great example, simply put, we recognize that the bicyclist is the one that needs to be careful for cars.

It's the bikers that shove their right of way laws at motorists in the big cities and hold up traffic to the point of road rage that give the generalities about bikers their stereotype.

Bikers need to be more careful, from what I have seen in my own personal experience. I recognize that a few times I did not see a bicycle coming at me and I should not have been 9 inches past the white line at a stop sign, but its also a huge problem when the biker jamming on his Ipod did not even slow down and almost slammed into my hood at 20 mph on the nearside of the crosswalk.

IIRC this is known as "blaming the victim". No, not for hating motorists, but for nearly (if they're lucky) getting killed by motorists who are unfit to handle a vehicle.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby keiths31 on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:50 am

Cyclist hate motorists.
Motorcyclists hate motorists.
Motorists hate truckers, cyclists and motorcyclists.
Truckers think they own every road their 18 wheels touch.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Oct 04, 2012 8:46 am

keiths31 wrote:Cyclist hate motorists.
Motorcyclists hate motorists.
Motorists hate truckers, cyclists and motorcyclists.
Truckers think they own every road their 18 wheels touch.

Yeah, as a driver I pretty much hate everyone: pedestrians, cyclists, other motorists, truckers. You name it, I hate them when they walk, ride, or drive like morons.

By the way - there are two reasons why pedestrians, cyclists, motorists, and truckers do stupid shit:

(1) They do not pay attention.
(2) If they are paying attention, they purposefully ignore others.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:20 pm

Maybe if all cyclists were required by law to carry windex and a rag and had to clean at least 5 windshields on their journey? Sort of like the little birds that hang out on rhinos and hippos. A symbiosis, if you will.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby maxfaraday on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:32 pm

This thread is really starting to piss me off.
I've been riding my bike almost everyday for years.
If I was reckless I would be long dead.
And the only reason I don't always abide to the law is that I know that car drivers don't give a shit about cyclists and the law won't help me if a 2 tons car kills me because some asshole was talking on his phone.
To: maxfaraday

I have noted this post and if it continues, there will be consequences for you.
Sergeant 1st Class maxfaraday

Postby Funkyterrance on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:39 pm

maxfaraday wrote:This thread is really starting to piss me off.
And the only reason I don't always abide to the law is that I know that car drivers don't give a shit about cyclists and the law won't help me if a 2 tons car kills me because some asshole was talking on his phone.

Read my previous quote I really think that love is the answer here man. You think anyone in your neighborhood would bump you off if they received a caring windshield washing from you? They would part the lanes for you!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:05 pm

maxfaraday wrote:This thread is really starting to piss me off.

Good, then you're abiding by thegreekdog's two rules for safe and effective travel on the roads and I have no beef with you.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Previous

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,