Conquer Club

The #1 strategy of Two player Freestyle?

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

The #1 strategy of Two player Freestyle?

Postby premio53 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:00 pm

I think I am starting to learn the most important strategy when playing 1vs1 freestyle but wish to see if most players here agree. What particular strategy trumps all others in your opinion??
Lieutenant premio53

Re: The #1 strategy of Two player Freestyle?

Postby premio53 on Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:31 pm

I'll give my opinion. "git thar fustest with the mostest." - Nathan Bedford Forrest

The one who gets to start each round FIRST seems to have a HUGE advantage.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:02 pm

Speed and 24hr games are subtly different for freestyle 1 vs 1.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby No Risk No Fun on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:14 am

A fresh beat usually helps me get in the zone, then I start spittin' fiya.
Sergeant No Risk No Fun

Postby rhp 1 on Tue Oct 02, 2012 1:05 pm

ManBungalow wrote:Speed and 24hr games are subtly different for freestyle 1 vs 1.

Lol... You might need to say that again... I'm assuming he means casual as he's freemium... It's too bad too... Casual freestyle is lame... Mostly for farming/ranching and people who want a freestyle medal without actually knowing how to play freestyle the way it was meant to be played...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Jippd on Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:18 am

premio53 wrote:I think I am starting to learn the most important strategy when playing 1vs1 freestyle but wish to see if most players here agree. What particular strategy trumps all others in your opinion??

Speed: Have the fastest connection and clicking abilities and a brain that can think quickly
Casual: Spend the most time monitoring your computer so you always get the turns to fall in your advantage. Don't have a social life that doesn't allow you to get on and take your turn right when you can.
Major Jippd

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:31 am

Jippd wrote:
premio53 wrote:I think I am starting to learn the most important strategy when playing 1vs1 freestyle but wish to see if most players here agree. What particular strategy trumps all others in your opinion??

Speed: Have the fastest connection and clicking abilities and a brain that can think quickly
Casual: Spend the most time monitoring your computer so you always get the turns to fall in your advantage. Don't have a social life that doesn't allow you to get on and take your turn right when you can.

+1
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby premio53 on Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:30 am

rhp 1 wrote:
ManBungalow wrote:Speed and 24hr games are subtly different for freestyle 1 vs 1.

Lol... You might need to say that again... I'm assuming he means casual as he's freemium... It's too bad too... Casual freestyle is lame... Mostly for farming/ranching and people who want a freestyle medal without actually knowing how to play freestyle the way it was meant to be played...

That's funny. I was thinking just the opposite. Most premium players seem to have a dozen or more games going at one time and are constantly deadbeating and skipping turns in games considered lost. I just started playing freestyle recently and realized how I would constantly get blown away by someone who managed to end their turn first and start the next round first. As far as farming, I never invite or join any games. I always let whosoever will join. A couple of times I have accidentally hit the wrong button and joined a game.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby Beckytheblondie on Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:08 pm

rhp 1 wrote:
Jippd wrote:

+1

Amplifying the most important element. You need to be wired to move with haste as the proverbial and literal bombs are flying with seconds to go.
2011-11-07 14:19:43 - StinknLincoln: whoa, what happened?
2011-11-07 14:19:50 - Beckytheblondie: Becky happened
Captain Beckytheblondie

Postby ManBungalow on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Jippd wrote:

In a freestyle 24hr round Battle Royale game once, I had one shot at winning but had to play as soon as the next round began - before any other player could. I can't remember the specifics, but I guess it was an escalating game and there was an easy target or something. Anyway, I changed the settings on my profile so that I get an email whenever it's my turn, and changed the target email address to my 'real' one - which is linked to my phone. Therefore, my phone would beep when it was my turn, and I could rush to a computer, given that circumstances allowed that.

True story.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby KraphtOne on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:42 am

Don't play against me...

*mimes finger being a pistol firing and then blowing away imaginary smoke"
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:10 am

KraphtOne wrote:Don't play against me...

hahaha....

nice visual... appreciated...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby rhp 1 on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:11 am

ManBungalow wrote:
Jippd wrote:

In a freestyle 24hr round Battle Royale game once, I had one shot at winning but had to play as soon as the next round began - before any other player could. I can't remember the specifics, but I guess it was an escalating game and there was an easy target or something. Anyway, I changed the settings on my profile so that I get an email whenever it's my turn, and changed the target email address to my 'real' one - which is linked to my phone. Therefore, my phone would beep when it was my turn, and I could rush to a computer, given that circumstances allowed that.

True story.

totally believe you... I could just never care that much... but I appreciate the devotion...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Tenebrus on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:53 am

Apart from the obvious stuff like "be fast", it's a big help not to set up speed freestyle 1 on 1, but only to join other peoples. Unless someone is obsessively clicking refresh, you'll get 10-15s jump on them, which is usually enough to either claim your bonus, deny them theirs and then fort to defend it. It's a massive advantage, because 1 on 1 is often won on the first round.
Lieutenant Tenebrus

Postby jleonnn on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:01 pm

Unless you make the game rt, try to avoid playing freestyle casual. As already stated by Jippd, you'll have to spend your entire day monitoring the game, as the opponent can suddenly drop in at any time, make his move, devastate you and log out while you were pooping or something. In speed games it's a little better cuz you know he'll come within 1-5 mins (depending on how long the round is).

Basically, for both casual and speed, you need a fast internet connection. You should try to monitor your opponent's actions and act accordingly. Then after you're sure that your opponent won't do anything weird, end asap so you can start first the next round. So for example, if you see him deploying on region X, which is next to a bonus you're holding, you can quickly drop on region Y, which could either be next to X (risky) or 2 territories away from X, so you can counter him. Then once you've eliminated his stack that he dropped and made sure there are no other stacks that pose a threat to you, end. (Hence the need for a fast internet connection). If he manages to end first, spam the 'b' button (assuming you have clickable maps). On casual games some people do it for hours.
Major jleonnn

Postby premio53 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:18 pm

jleonnn wrote:Unless you make the game rt, try to avoid playing freestyle casual. As already stated by Jippd, you'll have to spend your entire day monitoring the game, as the opponent can suddenly drop in at any time, make his move, devastate you and log out while you were pooping or something. In speed games it's a little better cuz you know he'll come within 1-5 mins (depending on how long the round is).

Basically, for both casual and speed, you need a fast internet connection. You should try to monitor your opponent's actions and act accordingly. Then after you're sure that your opponent won't do anything weird, end asap so you can start first the next round. So for example, if you see him deploying on region X, which is next to a bonus you're holding, you can quickly drop on region Y, which could either be next to X (risky) or 2 territories away from X, so you can counter him. Then once you've eliminated his stack that he dropped and made sure there are no other stacks that pose a threat to you, end. (Hence the need for a fast internet connection). If he manages to end first, spam the 'b' button (assuming you have clickable maps). On casual games some people do it for hours.

My experience so far is once you manage to end your turn first in a casual game, you hold all the marbles. The attacker seems to have a huge advantage and the one too slow to end his turn first is at the mercy of an attack that will take away bonus territories so the only one spending his entire day monitoring the game is the one who must wait for his opponent to start the new round. It is almost a good strategy to instantly deploy without considering a strategy in the first round.
Lieutenant premio53

Postby NoSurvivors on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:34 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
Jippd wrote:

True story.

http://www.conquerclub.com/game.php?game=10367894 would it happen to be this one? ;o
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby jleonnn on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:51 am

premio53 wrote:
jleonnn wrote:Unless you make the game rt, try to avoid playing freestyle casual. As already stated by Jippd, you'll have to spend your entire day monitoring the game, as the opponent can suddenly drop in at any time, make his move, devastate you and log out while you were pooping or something. In speed games it's a little better cuz you know he'll come within 1-5 mins (depending on how long the round is).

My experience so far is once you manage to end your turn first in a casual game, you hold all the marbles. The attacker seems to have a huge advantage and the one too slow to end his turn first is at the mercy of an attack that will take away bonus territories so the only one spending his entire day monitoring the game is the one who must wait for his opponent to start the new round. It is almost a good strategy to instantly deploy without considering a strategy in the first round.

Hmm true... It really depends on the situation. In most Aor 1/City mogul fs games (especially speeders) players just wait until like the last few seconds. However, you do have a point. In some situations, such as when the opposing player has bonus, it is better to rush and take it away. Also, when I said you'll have to spend the entire day monitoring the game, I meant if you end last.
Major jleonnn

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:09 pm

Tenebrus wrote:Apart from the obvious stuff like "be fast", it's a big help not to set up speed freestyle 1 on 1, but only to join other peoples. Unless someone is obsessively clicking refresh, you'll get 10-15s jump on them, which is usually enough to either claim your bonus, deny them theirs and then fort to defend it. It's a massive advantage, because 1 on 1 is often won on the first round.

yea.. if they don't how to play fs, sure...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby AAFitz on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:28 pm

...because if you beat him, he will foe you...lol

smoke is blowing alright.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby rhp 1 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:40 pm

AAFitz wrote:

...because if you beat him, he will foe you...lol

smoke is blowing alright.

that's a little harsh, no?
Lieutenant rhp 1

Postby Paddy The Cat on Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:37 pm

Beckytheblondie wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:
Jippd wrote:

+1

Amplifying the most important element. You need to be wired to move with haste as the proverbial and literal bombs are flying with seconds to go.

yeah quick brain >>>>>>> quick connection, im glad someone said it (unless of course you have something rediculously dial-up type slow)

also confidence is omportant in these games. countless times i have seen the right play only to second guess it for a second, pulling the trigger is usually wise
Sergeant 1st Class Paddy The Cat

Return to Conquer Club Discussion