King's Court 2 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:40 am

Some territories appear to have different names in drop down from map
Eg
HB6 Road (dropdown) = R02 (map)
Confusing!
Forgive me if this has been noted already

///Ignore this - my mistake has been explained to me - I'm reading the terr name from the cell beneath by mistake...
General laughingcavalier

Medals: 54
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby greenoaks on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:00 pm

i do that all the time
Sergeant 1st Class greenoaks
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Medals: 138
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)
Tournament Contribution (34) General Contribution (4)

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:35 am

Are the nobles marked with the corresponding castles? Cos this keeps screwing me up when I try to deploy. The castles are marked with names and the nobles are marked with symbols and I'm not see the correspondence.
Major ViperOverLord

Medals: 127
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (30)
General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (31)

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:42 am

Well, houses' names range from A to J clockwork wise, from bottom left to bottom middle (House of Aldudenie - House of Jaroman)

Nobles are organized from A to J (you can see HA, HB... inside those nobles' circles - not very explicitly though). Also, those symbols are present near each Castle - but it's more an aesthetic feature than a practical thing because those symbols are very much blended to the map. :)
Major Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA- Hexes and Roads

Postby Robert The Red on Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:22 am

Hi
Great map, will have fun working out some winning strategies on this one. Just one pointer from me. I am getting Kings court squint, the outline of the hexes is very difficult to see hence i am never sure which hex the road is running through plus the roads could also do with a bit more highlighting. I curently just take every hex and hope for the best on the law of averages that i will increase my bonus. I have tried changing the look of it in BOB but to no avail. apart from that causing me some frustration, the game is great.
Thanks
Robert The Red
Sergeant 1st Class Robert The Red

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Robert The Red on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:52 pm

Hi
Just noticed that the archer at HJ6 will not reinforce other archers ie left click it and there is no yellow box.
also the Trebuchet's do not not turn to neutral until the player who captured it takes his next turn. this worked in my favour as i was left with 13 on one and when neighbouring enemies took their turn they did not try to take it and bombard me in return as they saw the 13 and did not realise it would go to neutral when they bombarded it with their catipult hence lucky for me, but to be fair i think they should go back to neutral at the end of a players turn not at the begining of the next. hope that all makes sense.
robert the red

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)

Postby Robert The Red on Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:10 pm

reference my last message. rather than archer HJ6 to may be more to do with the archer above HJ6 which i think is A18

Re: King's Court 2 - BETA- Hexes and Roads

Postby Kabanellas on Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:03 pm

Robert The Red wrote:Hi
Great map, will have fun working out some winning strategies on this one. Just one pointer from me. I am getting Kings court squint, the outline of the hexes is very difficult to see hence i am never sure which hex the road is running through plus the roads could also do with a bit more highlighting. I curently just take every hex and hope for the best on the law of averages that i will increase my bonus. I have tried changing the look of it in BOB but to no avail. apart from that causing me some frustration, the game is great.
Thanks
Robert The Red

Hi, could it be your monitor/display ? ....
Major Kabanellas
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Location: "Don’t ever wrestle with a pig. You’ll both get dirty, but the pig will enjoy it."
Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (7)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (13) Map Contribution (7) General Contribution (1)

Postby Robert The Red on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi
No nothing to do with my monitor I play on 2 different ones both fairly new. The outline of all the hexes are very faint but more particulary in the lower left hand cornner. it is not clear where they are and which ones the roads are running through and somtimes difficult to guess when the road is close to the edge of a hex. if the there could be a bit more contrast betwwen the background and the hex outlines it would make the experience much better. I use fairly low magnification reading glasses but have bought a stronger pair to help and still struggle to see them properly. I am sure i cant be the only one, so if anyone else reading this has the sane thoughts please post a reply.

Postby greenoaks on Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:18 am

Game 11891885

2012-11-17 19:09:41 - greenoaks deployed 12 troops on The Admiral
Then i took P06 Port, R40, R41, V08, HE1, House of Ecthelion

Now i get 9 to deploy but i don't hold the King.

Why has my deployment gone down?
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (4)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (14)

Postby JustCallMeStupid on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:55 am

MAP DESIGN AND STRUCTURE SUGGESTIONS:

Just started experimenting with the map and I think that a -2 is a bit harsh for not being on the roads -1 be better. It will make going by non roads almost never done. Additionally, castle HF has a disadvantage, if that person wants to go down in a trenched game they are forced to -2 on territory N76 (another reason it should be -1).

Also, I am not sure anyone would ever take V10 (upper right) due to its location and lack of roads it has no strategic value might as well get rid of it or connect a road to it where the Impassable forest is and move the woods bonus on H1 down to N94.

I hope some of these ideas are helpful.

Another idea which might be interesting would be to increase the deploy for holding a noble without a castle maybe u get a +2 or something kind of like the councellors get u a +5 w/o a castle maybe gives someone a chance to get back into a game or something. Just a random idea on this one.
Colonel JustCallMeStupid

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)

Postby Robert The Red on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:28 am

Archer A11 seems to be of little use plus there is no knight near by which i find a big disadvantage particulary at the start of a game, perhaps switch archer for a knight. also are A11 & N106 the same, it looks like there are 2 numbers coresponing to the same hex.
I have found with a lot of the games i have played that battles tend to go either clockwise or anti clockwise with little attack going across the map via the ports. perhaps more could be made of the island to make it more strategic and to encourage players to attack across the map, an idea may be to have a bigger island that is laden with resources but difficult to hold, plus perhaps then move the ports inbetween the castles so effectifly 2 castles are sharing a port. i apreciate space is a premium and that you can only fit a limited amount on the map

Postby greenoaks on Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:50 am

V10 also seems useless.

access to it from HF is blocked by an Archer and a Catapult. it is not linked to anything by road so it would rarely, if ever come into play.
Tech Contributor
Tech Contributor

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:34 am

Ah yes, the great "territories that don't matter" debate.
show
Corporal 1st Class DoomYoshi
Entertainment Contributor
Entertainment Contributor

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (8) Clan Achievement (16)
Tournament Contribution (4) General Contribution (5)

Postby JustCallMeStupid on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:38 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Ah yes, the great "territories that don't matter" debate.

Ya and one of them is a repeat off mine too lol. ITs fine if there are territories that dont matter, it seems silly to have village V10 at all, but ur right, it is a pretty irrelevant issue.

I have analyzed each of the castles and came to the conclusion that castles HA and HJ and HB have a large disadvantage because T1 can basically kill all surrounding points except an archer making it impossible for those castles to get back into the game after being bombarded. Every other castle has a knight or generic territory that can be taken to get them back into the game. I think it be a benefit to the game if T1 location was swapped with N35. Additionally, T1 being the strongest Trebuch it happens to be located near a port, (which I have seen used every game the ports), which means it has the easiest access from a team rushing the ports. (Castle HE is in a similar situation as above mentioned but T4 isn't quite as strong as T1 and I cant figure out an easy fix for that one that doesnt effect balance disproportionately)

I think this change would balance out the castles more. I really like how they are not identical in any manner but I think it is unfair that 3 castles can be completely nuked by the Trebuch leaving only an archer to survive while every other castle has at least a knight or blank territory that cannot be bombarded by a single Trebuch.
Colonel JustCallMeStupid

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (6)
General Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (9)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas