race differences (from McDonald's thread)

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby thegreekdog on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Baron Von PWN wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I wouldn't doubt if a difference in IQ exists similar to how tall people generally have a higher IQ than short people. Yea, economic differences have an impact too I bet, but it'd be naive in my opinion if you said straight up that biology has nothing to do with it.

Like, black people have larger muscles than whites. Is that based on economic differences as well?


Black people have larger muscles than white people? All of them?


On average, I'd guess. What else accounts for the fact that blacks are better athletes?

inb4 "blacks aren't better athletes"


Well Aog has a point here. Why is it all the marathon runners in the Olympics seem to be from the horn of africa?


I don't think AoG has a point. If black people were better athletes because of the color of their skin, wouldn't all athletes be black? Is Tiger a good golfer because he's black?
Image
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class thegreekdog
 
Posts: 6217
Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am
Location: Philadelphia
Medals: 38
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (1)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (2) General Contribution (2)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:01 pm

thegreekdog wrote:
Baron Von PWN wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:I wouldn't doubt if a difference in IQ exists similar to how tall people generally have a higher IQ than short people. Yea, economic differences have an impact too I bet, but it'd be naive in my opinion if you said straight up that biology has nothing to do with it.

Like, black people have larger muscles than whites. Is that based on economic differences as well?


Black people have larger muscles than white people? All of them?


On average, I'd guess. What else accounts for the fact that blacks are better athletes?

inb4 "blacks aren't better athletes"


Well Aog has a point here. Why is it all the marathon runners in the Olympics seem to be from the horn of africa?


I don't think AoG has a point. If black people were better athletes because of the color of their skin, wouldn't all athletes be black? Is Tiger a good golfer because he's black?


No. He's a good golfer because he's Thai/Chinese.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:02 pm

Like I said, it doesn't work on an individual scale. Saying all blacks are more athletic than whites is stupid and racist. Saying, on average, blacks are more athletic isn't. Is it coincidence that like 85% of basketball players are black? How Peyton Hillis is the only what running back and how only slot receivers are white? What about the saying "white men can't jump"?
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Neoteny on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:04 pm

:]<<
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
User avatar
Lieutenant Neoteny
 
Posts: 2470
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:24 pm
Location: Tampa, Florida
Medals: 29
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:07 pm

oh, and I know my opinion is hardly based on scientific evidence so I would gladly alter my opinion if some evidence otherwise was presented. I'm just saying as of right now with a mostly unbiased viewpoint, that's what I think if someone put a gun to my head.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:13 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Like I said, it doesn't work on an individual scale. Saying all blacks are more athletic than whites is stupid and racist. Saying, on average, blacks are more athletic isn't. Is it coincidence that like 85% of basketball players are black? How Peyton Hillis is the only what running back and how only slot receivers are white? What about the saying "white men can't jump"?


Is it a coincidence that the American basketball team always dominates all the non-American teams during the Olympics? I think not; therefore, the Americans are intrinsically more athletic than non-Americans.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3580
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 pm

THis is something I don't understand really.

You guys are told so much not to be racists at school that it clouds your mind. What AoG is saying is right and so obvious.

In general, black people develop more athletic bodies than whites and asians. They are stronger. IN GENERAL. That has to account for something doesn't it? It's not random.
Image

Image
User avatar
Major nietzsche
 
Posts: 1400
Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 1:29 am
Location: Fantasy Cooperstown
Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Army of GOD on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:20 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Army of GOD wrote:Like I said, it doesn't work on an individual scale. Saying all blacks are more athletic than whites is stupid and racist. Saying, on average, blacks are more athletic isn't. Is it coincidence that like 85% of basketball players are black? How Peyton Hillis is the only what running back and how only slot receivers are white? What about the saying "white men can't jump"?


Is it a coincidence that the American basketball team always dominates all the non-American teams during the Olympics? I think not; therefore, the Americans are intrinsically more athletic than non-Americans.


Let me introduce you to my friend logical fallacy. I think you two would make a great pair. I'm sure you've already met.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
User avatar
Cook Army of GOD
 
Posts: 5103
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:30 pm
Location: Over the river and through the woods
Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Timminz on Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:59 pm

I think the fact that most of the best basketball players are black has more to do with the fact that basketball is and has been very popular among poorer, black, American neighbourhoods. ie, it's a cultural phenomena, and is not directly attributable to the colour of someone's skin.

If you were to look at a sport with wider appeal (in fact the widest appeal), and take soccer for an example, would the skin-colour arguments still hold true?
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Captain Timminz
 
Posts: 5500
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby 72o on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:06 pm

Timminz wrote:I think the fact that most of the best basketball players are black has more to do with the fact that basketball is and has been very popular among poorer, black, American neighbourhoods. ie, it's a cultural phenomena, and is not directly attributable to the colour of someone's skin.

If you were to look at a sport with wider appeal (in fact the widest appeal), and take soccer for an example, would the skin-colour arguments still hold true?


There is no wider appeal than running. It's the only sport that is basically the same across all cultures, climates, socio-economic situations, etc. You don't need a big ass field of green grass to run. You don't need equipment. You don't need anything. You just go out there and run.

What physical characteristic would you say exists among the majority of successful runners globally?
Image
Sergeant 72o
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:04 am
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Timminz on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:08 pm

72o wrote:
Timminz wrote:I think the fact that most of the best basketball players are black has more to do with the fact that basketball is and has been very popular among poorer, black, American neighbourhoods. ie, it's a cultural phenomena, and is not directly attributable to the colour of someone's skin.

If you were to look at a sport with wider appeal (in fact the widest appeal), and take soccer for an example, would the skin-colour arguments still hold true?


There is no wider appeal than running.


Um, no... soccer is a far more popular sport than running.
Last edited by Timminz on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Captain Timminz
 
Posts: 5500
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Army of GOD wrote:Notice how I said "on average" and not "every single black person".


Yeah, I did notice that and I replied that there were "plenty" of skinny weak black people. I'm just trying to say that it's not the fact that those people are black that makes them better athletes, it's that their genes have been "engineered" over time to make certain groups of black people physically stronger, faster, etc.. Their basic makeup is no different.
User avatar
Colonel Funkyterrance
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:52 pm
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Medals: 22
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (3) Clan Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby 72o on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm

Timminz wrote:
72o wrote:
Timminz wrote:I think the fact that most of the best basketball players are black has more to do with the fact that basketball is and has been very popular among poorer, black, American neighbourhoods. ie, it's a cultural phenomena, and is not directly attributable to the colour of someone's skin.

If you were to look at a sport with wider appeal (in fact the widest appeal), and take soccer for an example, would the skin-colour arguments still hold true?


There is no wider appeal than running.


Um, no... soccer is far more popular a sport than running.


We're not talking about spectating. We're talking about number of people participating in the activity worldwide.
Image
Sergeant 72o
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:04 am
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby 72o on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Why are there no black swimmers in the Olympics? Genetic, or learned behavior?
Image
Sergeant 72o
 
Posts: 1014
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:04 am
Medals: 34
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (5)

Re: race differences (from McDonald's thread)

Postby Timminz on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:18 pm

72o wrote:
Timminz wrote:
72o wrote:
Timminz wrote:I think the fact that most of the best basketball players are black has more to do with the fact that basketball is and has been very popular among poorer, black, American neighbourhoods. ie, it's a cultural phenomena, and is not directly attributable to the colour of someone's skin.

If you were to look at a sport with wider appeal (in fact the widest appeal), and take soccer for an example, would the skin-colour arguments still hold true?

There is no wider appeal than running.

Um, no... soccer is far more popular a sport than running.

We're not talking about spectating. We're talking about number of people participating in the activity worldwide.


As a sport? If we're only talking about activities, breathing, drinking, and eating have a wider appeal than anything. Are black people better at breathing, drinking, and eating?

72o wrote:Why are there no black swimmers in the Olympics? Genetic, or learned behavior?


No black Olympic swimmers?! Are you sure you don't want to amend that statement.
jay_a2j wrote:lets not be so quick to judge Hitler
User avatar
Captain Timminz
 
Posts: 5500
Joined: Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:05 pm
Location: At the store
Medals: 55
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (6) General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: chang50 and 5 guests

Login