Conquer Club

View Your Posts

Suggestions that have been archived.

Moderator: Community Team

View Your Posts

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:17 am

Interation Menu: Should have a View Your Posts tab

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Many times a day I have to work out a method of updating the posts I have done. Usually I do that from a game and go ... like .. click on my name and then View Your Posts ... but why isn't that immediately available to me on the left??
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Re: View Your Posts

Postby 72o on Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:18 am

Click "Wall" immediately to your left.
Sergeant 72o

Postby blakebowling on Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:25 am

top right hand corner of the forum, right under the search bar.
Private blakebowling

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Cheers but you both missed what I said. When you finish a game turn there is at least a two clicks away from getting to your posts. Now, we can save bandwidth and a precious few millionths of a second by having a direct link on the left. If you disagree then fine, but if I wasn't clear before hopefully I am clear now. Does help if we are talking about the same thing!! :lol:
Last edited by thehippo8 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby blakebowling on Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:42 pm

IMO it's a completely unused feature in phpBB.
Private blakebowling

Postby thehippo8 on Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:02 pm

blakebowling wrote:IMO it's a completely unused feature in phpBB.

Ummm... what?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby 72o on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:33 pm

It's one more click than a direct link. Click Wall and then view my posts. 2 clicks is not a big deal. I don't want fifty-seven buttons on the left cluttering everything up.
Sergeant 72o

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:49 pm

72o wrote:It's one more click than a direct link. Click Wall and then view my posts. 2 clicks is not a big deal. I don't want fifty-seven buttons on the left cluttering everything up.

Nice, but I only want one more button. It may be only one more click to you but on a slow dial-up or a phone that's important! Particularly when this site times out - which on a poor internet connection used to drive me mad! So, thanks for your input but my suggestion remains. I'm yet to hear any real objection to it.
ImageImageImage
show

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm

I am objecting because it's unnecessary. It's a "real" objection.

If you really have dial-up internet you should probably grab a deck of cards and play solitaire instead.
Sergeant 72o

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Oh you kidder you. You are sooo funny!

Let me get this right. You say its unnecessary because (well ... no ... I don't think you have a reason) and anyone with a slow connection is not welcome on CC. Have I got that right? Well, your objection is noted.

Anyone else going to wade into this?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby 72o on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:38 pm

What I'm saying is, the single extra click, and rendering one single extra web page (not even content heavy, it's your own wall), is not going to cause you problems, unless you have no business being on this site anyway. Assaulting would probably cause some sort of overload, and god forbid you have a lot of troops on the map or hit auto-assault.

It's one click. There is already a nice, neat way for you to see all your posts, right from your wall.
Sergeant 72o

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:01 pm

I agree with you that there is a link there. Very handy if you are at your wall. I take your point about (stupid people) maybe hitting the wrong button - but that's something that always exists.

At any rate, I think the idea can die for general lack of interest. May as well scrap it!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby agentcom on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:55 am

thehippo8 wrote:I'm yet to hear any real objection to it.

As 72o said, addition of extra buttons is a "real" objection. We can't just go adding a button to save 2 clicks for every single thing that people might want to do now can we hippo? Not to say there aren't buttons that should be added, but it's gonna take more than just you saying it's necessary for this to go far.
Brigadier agentcom

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:29 am

agentcom wrote:

As 72o said, addition of extra buttons is a "real" objection. We can't just go adding a button to save 2 clicks for every single thing that people might want to do now can we hippo? Not to say there aren't buttons that should be added, but it's gonna take more than just you saying it's necessary for this to go far.

Thanks Agent ... not only are you right ... but ... ah ... you are right ... strangely enough in my earlier post I already said scrap the idea. So ... ummm ... errr ... I think we can call this idea well and truly dead! But good point on the buttons. Frankly, in an ideal world my computer should know what I want to do next and just automatically go where it should without me touching the keyboard - how about adding that feature? You can also add an auto-win feature just for me too if you like ;)
ImageImageImage
show

Postby trinicardinal on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:34 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
agentcom wrote:

Thanks Agent ... not only are you right ... but ... ah ... you are right ... strangely enough in my earlier post I already said scrap the idea. So ... ummm ... errr ... I think we can call this idea well and truly dead! But good point on the buttons. Frankly, in an ideal world my computer should know what I want to do next and just automatically go where it should without me touching the keyboard - how about adding that feature? You can also add an auto-win feature just for me too if you like ;)

sounds good hippo except for the fact that it will probably have a negative effect on the autowin feature I already asked my computer for... so umm... rejected. ;)
10:16:35 ‹Ace Rimmer› haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ‹Sackett58› fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:16 pm

Well can I at least get a roll-back button for the times that I do really stupid things or the times that my dice don't work or just to counter my opponent(s) brilliance?
ImageImageImage
show

Return to Archived Suggestions