Atlas Shrugged II - Opens This Weekend

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Hank Meets the Wet Nurse, Shrugs...

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:05 am

I have always wanted to post this, but never found the right opportunity.

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Medals: 86
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:08 am

Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Why would I need pity? I am not the one with the major problem.

However, rest assured, there is one way we can get to the bottom of this.

Let's do a survey!

Is this you accepting you can't tell the difference between the two sentences??

no

Then why do you bring the Pity thing? I clearly stated that if you could not tell the difference then I would feel Pity.

Can you really follow an argument Scotty?

Major nietzsche

Medals: 40
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) General Contribution (1)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:10 am

nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Why would I need pity? I am not the one with the major problem.

Let's do a survey!

no

you may have a point somewhere, but I cannot agree with the way you worded it. I am certain you understand....

Then why do you bring the Pity thing? I clearly stated that if you could not tell the difference then I would feel Pity.

yes, of course. let me share. You brought the pity thing, not me

This is getting very, VERY stupid
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (4) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (5)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (10) Training Achievement (6) Tournament Contribution (11) General Contribution (2)

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:11 am

Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Let's do a survey!

no

you may have a point somewhere, but I cannot agree with the way you worded it. I am certain you understand....

LMAO!!

Can you follow an argument Scotty????

Major nietzsche

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (2)

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:14 am

nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Let's do a survey!

no

LMAO!!

Yes, I just simply disagree that I brought the pity thing. Feel free to go back to the last page and look at where you brought the pity thing.

Wording is very important, ya know!
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:15 am

You aren't listening to the John Galt Speech?

:shock:

you can't troll me dude, give it up. If you have a serious question, and are ready to be serious about it, I will check back tomorrow and I will give it an honest answer.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nietzsche on Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:19 am

Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

no

LMAO!!

Yes, I just simply disagree that I brought the pity thing. Feel free to go back to the last page and look at where you brought the pity thing.

Wording is very important, ya know!

Damn it, now I feel bad, I might have been debating with someone who can't really follow and argument.

Major nietzsche

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:15 pm

No, you were constantly trying to argue with someone without having anything to argue about while accusing them of not knowing how to argue.

Says more about you than it does me....

back on topic (?)

Hank meets the wet nurse

Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nietzsche on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:49 pm

Phatscotty wrote:No, you were constantly trying to argue with someone without having anything to argue about while accusing them of not knowing how to argue.

Nope, sorry, I told you I wasn't gonna let you walk away with this one.

You tried to casually implant that Atlas Shrugged is the second most influential western book, which is false. Pretty much as a salesman will little by little, introduce misleading facts further and further, and if you don't stop him later you have that X car is no doubt the best invention ever since sex in the mornings.

Atlas Shrugged is not the second most influential western book, however you want to pile up quotes. That's all.

And if you lie, I will show your lies, and if you try to advance any further Ad Eminem attacks I will show the screenshots I have were you claim to have attained riches by following the trail of money makers and finding the hiding trails and have some sort of hyper mentality and some other bunch of crap that shows how brainwashed you are.

I had deleted a previous comment where I hinted you had told this bunch of get-rich-quick book crap to me, but you chose to keep at it, and now that I remember, you never said that was a secret, so I guess I can share it.

Major nietzsche

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:52 pm

nietzsche wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:No, you were constantly trying to argue with someone without having anything to argue about while accusing them of not knowing how to argue.

You tried to casually implant that Atlas Shrugged is the second most influential western book, which is false. Pretty much as a salesman will little by little, introducing misleading facts go further and further, and if you don't stop him later you have that X car is no doubt the best invention ever since sex in the mornings.

Atlas Shrugged is not the second most influential western book, however you want to pile up quotes. That's all.

And if you lie, I will show your lies, and if you try to advance any further Ad Eminem attacks I will show the screenshots I have were you claim to have attained riches by following the trail of money makers and finding the hiding trails and have some sort of hyper mentality and some other bunch of crap that shows how brainwashed you are.

I had deleted a previous comment where I hinted you had told this bunch of get-rich-quick book crap to me, but you chose to keep at it, and now that I remember, you never said that was a secret, so I guess I can share it.

Colonel BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Postby john9blue on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:53 pm

nietzsche wrote:

You tried to casually implant that Atlas Shrugged is the second most influential western book, which is false. Pretty much as a salesman will little by little, introduce misleading facts further and further, and if you don't stop him later you have that X car is no doubt the best invention ever since sex in the mornings.

how would you go about determining the most influential books? clearly you don't think a poll is sufficient.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:57 pm

nietzsche wrote:

Well, thank you for not letting me get away with sharing the results of a survey taken by the Library of Congress.
Thank you for sharing the irrelevant information about my personal finances. It makes me very glad I tried to help when you asked me for help.

#1) Have you read Atlas Shrugged?
#2) What you are basing your opinion of the influence of Atlas Shrugged on?
#3) Why would you take screen shots of my chatter when I was just trying to help you? :-s
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:07 am

john9blue wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

how would you go about determining the most influential books? clearly you don't think a poll is sufficient.

A well planned poll could suffice to a certain degrees of accuracy, pretty much how good scientific experiments need to be planned to account for every detail.

But the problem is not only that it was a poll, the problem is who responded to that poll, it's not a a group of people that would account for the the whole western world, present and past.

I believe this question would be more easily answered by some group of scholars, for how can you account for the influence every book has had on the world? You cannot poll dead people.

For instance, think of the influence Marx's books have had in the world, wars, death. What about Principia Mathematica and all his influence in our technology?

I cannot say, but for sure I know Atlas Shrugged, a novel about capitalism and objectivism hasn't influenced the western world enough to be the "second most influential western book".

I believe you are failing to see my point john on showing Scotty's lie, it's precisely because the way he says stuff, like he's not saying anything ambitious, not trying to show anything new, "everybody knows, the Library o Congress said so": my point is not that I don't believe in a poll, my point is that a poll on a number of Americans in the year 2000 will not tell you which book is "the second most influential western book".

Major nietzsche

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:09 am

you dont believe the survey.....based on what? How do you "for sure know" what Atlas Shrugged is or isn't?

how can it be my lie? Wouldn't it be the library of Congress's?

Do you still think I took the survey myself? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Major Phatscotty
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:28 am

Phatscotty wrote:
Well, thank you for not letting me get away with sharing the results of a survey taken by the Library of Congress.
Thank you for sharing the irrelevant information about my personal finances. It makes me very glad I tried to help when you asked me for help.

#3) Why would you take screen shots of my chatter when I was just trying to help you? :-s

Haven't I stated here well enough what my point is?

I bet the survey results truthfully account for the scope it was designed. It says a lot about certain people, most likely Americans in the ages from 20 to 60.

When did I ask you for help and in what? It's relevant because it shows how brainwashed you are, it's not your personal finances I was particularly interested to share, it's all the combination of the shit you told me in those days. It shows that either you are a mental case or that you lie all the time.

No, I admit I was interested once but on knowing it was like 1500 pages I decided not to

I'm just making an educated guess. A book written in 19xx cannot have influenced a majority of people in the western world.

#3) Why would you take screen shots of my chatter when I was just trying to help you?
Again, from where do you take you were trying to help you? (Of course, this is you trying to get some public points, in the next posts you will unfold another lie)

To be honest, I was so taken aback from some of your messages that I had to show them to AoG.

Major nietzsche

PreviousNext

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?