Conquer Club

Who Do You Trust Part #4

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who's Got Your Back?

Total votes : 0

Who Do You Trust Part #4

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:46 pm

I hope saxi doesn't mind me stealing his title but I thought of a potentially interesting scenario:

You get into an argument in a bar parking lot and it turns out your opponent thinks it's time for it to come to blows. You scuffle and begin to get the upper hand but out of the shadows comes the guy's two friends and soon you are quite outnumbered. Which CC member would you prefer was your companion on this bar hop when you began to get the tar beaten out of you in a 3v1?

(In before the gay references due to my word choice and somewhat male-dominant scenario. If there were more active females on the forums I would change the names and details accordingly. If you are a female reading this, just imagine that you are fighting some girls and the candidates are actually female versions of each.)
Last edited by Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Re: Who Do You Trust Part #4

Postby Frigidus on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:55 pm

Probably Army of Nobunaga, the way he struts around on these forums must mean that he's a big tough guy in real life. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how that works.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:57 pm

Frigidus wrote:Probably Army of Nobunaga, the way he struts around on these forums must mean that he's a big tough guy in real life. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how that works.

I almost had to choose myself (other peeps just get in my way), but I think you are right.

Nobunaga is a hard-ass mofo
Major Phatscotty

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:07 pm

I'll bet money that Sully is hard as nails when the time comes.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:07 pm

Major Phatscotty

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:09 pm

woodruff.... ex military
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:13 pm

imagine that you are fighting some girls and the candidates are actually female versions of each

done

woodruff.... ex military

Yes. In case the assailants try to infect your iPhone with a virus to prevent you from calling AoN for help, Woodruff could install a firewall.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:55 pm

I was waiting for saxi's approval before posting here.

My first thought was to choose AoN of course, he also speaks Spanish and we can use it to communicate our punching strategies without the other guys knowing.

But then I thought it might get very violent, there's no way of stopping AoN once started. So I will choose BBS instead, he can get them all confused with market talk, how capitalism dictate that we better come to a peaceful arrangement as it would be better for all the parts.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:16 pm

I was sort of waiting for saxi's approval as well but I got impatient. I considered BBS too but I feel like he might have tendencies towards hair pulling, groin punches/kicks, etc.. I like to leave those moves as a last resort but I have a feeling these are more like opening moves for BBS.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
imagine that you are fighting some girls and the candidates are actually female versions of each

done

woodruff.... ex military

Yes. In case the assailants try to infect your iPhone with a virus to prevent you from calling AoN for help, Woodruff could install a firewall.

Yeah my Uncle is ex-military and he was like a radar technician or something like that. I guess you would have to meet him to agree but he's really not trained/equipped for any kind of battle. This isn't to say that woodruff isn't some version of Sergeant Slaughter in real life but I'd hate to make that assumption and have him get punched in the throat right off the bat.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby MeDeFe on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:48 pm

viperoverlord

He would shoot each of the other guys in the knee with pinpoint precision.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
Major MeDeFe

Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:57 pm

MeDeFe wrote:viperoverlord

As a moderator you should know better and follow rules. VOL is not an option. Ban yourself for a week.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Frigidus on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:13 pm

MeDeFe wrote:viperoverlord

I'm changing my vote.
Sergeant Frigidus

Postby thegreekdog on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:43 pm

If I had to choose one of those, I'd choose Woodruff because of the military thing (I'm assuming he's had some self-defense training).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Frigidus wrote:Probably Army of Nobunaga, the way he struts around on these forums must mean that he's a big tough guy in real life. At least, I'm pretty sure that's how that works.

He definitely gives the best impression of it, anyway.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:26 pm

thegreekdog wrote:If I had to choose one of those, I'd choose Woodruff because of the military thing (I'm assuming he's had some self-defense training).

The training I had to receive prior to deploying to Rwanda certainly far outstrips anything I expected to learn as a network administrator, yes. Damn wartime specialties really aren't very fun.

That being said, I voted for Army of Nobunaga.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Interesting that the majority of posters are choosing based on personal information they gained from what all these people "say" they are. Considering this is the interwebs, I was thinking more along the lines of personality types and who would "have your back" so to speak, judging by their actions on these forums, games etc.. We can start another thread for just general ass whooping skills if need be: Who would win in a cage fight free for all?

That being said, I still pick Sully. I think he would be the type who would jump into a battle to help out his buddy when the shit went down, not to mention I believe the sight of an unfair fight would really bring the animal out in him. Seriously, I would not F with Sully. Just call it a 6th sense.
I do think Phatscotty would jump in as well but Sully I would really watch out for. It's always the quiet ones, you know.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:39 pm

If we're having a punch up and your two buddies decide to join in there will be no shortage of, groin punching etc. you forfeit marquise of queens bury rules once the third guy showed up.

I'm undecided between Sully and Woodruff here. I'm pretty sure either would be supportive though Vicky might vomit if I accidently break something on one or two of the dumb asses.

If there's too many of them or I sense danger it's not play time anymore.
Corporal 2dimes

Re:

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:58 pm

2dimes wrote:If we're having a punch up and your two buddies decide to join in there will be no shortage of, groin punching etc. you forfeit marquise of queens bury rules once the third guy showed up.

I'm undecided between Sully and Woodruff here. I'm pretty sure either would be supportive though Vicky might vomit if I accidently break something on one or two of the dumb asses.

If there's too many of them or I sense danger it's not play time anymore.

Rofl
Okay I may have do add you to the list 2dimes, you sound hard enough.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:01 pm

Shit guys, I reset the vote...
I added 2dimes and didn't realize it would do that. :( I'm relatively new at poll creation. Could you all re-vote por favor?
My apologies ,
-FT
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 06, 2012 11:17 pm

I wasn't looking for a spot. I'm least likely to get into a scrap probably but I don't trust you youngsters to quit after a few punches in the head like the good old days either.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby fadedpsychosis on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:10 am

believe me I know not all military is good in a fight, I'm just saying in the military we have each other's back, especially in the same branch (and heck, woodruff used to be the same job as me too...)
John Adams wrote:I have come to the conclusion that one useless man is called a disgrace, that two are called a law firm, and that three or more become a Congress! And by God I have had this Congress!
Private fadedpsychosis

Postby notyou2 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:21 am

Where is THORNHEART when you need him?
Captain notyou2

Postby puppydog85 on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:51 am

No offense, but a three on 1 fight in a dark area and you want the guy with the most fight experience? I want the guy with the gun. My vote is for Phat.
Sergeant 1st Class puppydog85

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:56 am

Funkyterrance wrote:I hope saxi doesn't mind me stealing his title but I thought of a potentially interesting scenario:

You get into an argument in a bar parking lot and it turns out your opponent thinks it's time for it to come to blows. You scuffle and begin to get the upper hand but out of the shadows comes the girl's two friends and soon you are quite outnumbered. Which CC member would you prefer was your companion on this bar hop when you began to get the tar beaten out of you in a 3v1?

(just imagine that you are fighting some girls and the candidates are actually female versions of each.)

Everybody should vote for me. I can definitely take on a bunch of girls.

Also, I would be very polite about it:

<punches girl in face>

I'm sorry, ma'am.

<kicks 2nd girl in the left titty>

My apologies.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,