Conquer Club

CRY BABIES

Talk about all things related to Conquer Club

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the community guidelines before posting.

CRY BABIES

Postby StinknLincoln on Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:31 am

It seems during the game there is always one who badgers another for being 'stupid' or 'giving the game to ...'

Slander of this sort should be admonished to help encourage the new players who seem to get intimidated by rank obsessed players.
Private StinknLincoln

Re: CRY BABIES

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:15 pm

StinknLincoln wrote:It seems during the game there is always one who badgers another for being 'stupid' or 'giving the game to ...'

Slander of this sort should be admonished to help encourage the new players who seem to get intimidated by rank obsessed players.

I totally agree. When a game is started and includes less experienced players it seems a little silly, unrealistic and unsportsmanlike to assume that everyone is going to be playing like a seasoned player might.
I find that playing against lower ranked players adds that "Unknown X" element to the game and is very risky indeed. For those who want to play against more advanced and challenging players, set up a game and invite them. Or is a challenge not really what you are after?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:17 am

StinknLincoln wrote:It seems during the game there is always one who badgers another for being 'stupid' or 'giving the game to ...'

And your questions is?
If you want this moved to suggestions, i would ask you to consider the format of your post.
Also, provocative posts belong more in the GD then in here.
in general, gamechat monitoring is deliberatly low key. Hunting down all gamechat for what someone might find offencive is a wee bit way out of the realm of possibility.
If people come to a CC mod because they feel they are being harrassed/boggotry ect, then CC will act, other then that, go knock yourself out..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Funkyterrance on Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:49 pm

SirSebstar wrote:

And your questions is?
If you want this moved to suggestions, i would ask you to consider the format of your post.
in general, gamechat monitoring is deliberatly low key. Hunting down all gamechat for what someone might find offencive is a wee bit way out of the realm of possibility.
If people come to a CC mod because they feel they are being harrassed/boggotry ect, then CC will act, other then that, go knock yourself out..

Why don't you do us all a favor and knock yourself out.
Just tell him what to do/where to go in a friendly manner and get on with it. Your attitude sucks and is not productive/conducive to the game in the least.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:31 am

SirSebstar wrote:

And your questions is?

I would also add that it's not even desirable. Every once in a while people need to throw a tantrum when they are losing. To let off some steam you know ;).
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby agentcom on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:43 pm

... And every once in a while a lot of the time people need to be called out when they're being dumbasses.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Gillipig on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:31 am

agentcom wrote:... And every once in a while a lot of the time people need to be called out when they're being dumbasses.

I agree, this post you made is pretty stupid. But I wouldn't go as far as to call you a dumbass. I'll just call you a "special" person.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby ManBungalow on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:13 am

While it may not apply so much to new players (or speed games), you should consider making a group of players (like friends, but on the internet!) you like and who play similar game types. Set up some private games and enjoy.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby agentcom on Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:47 pm

Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:... And every once in a while a lot of the time people need to be called out when they're being dumbasses.

I agree, this post you made is pretty stupid. But I wouldn't go as far as to call you a dumbass. I'll just call you a "special" person.

I wasn't calling the OP a dumbass. I was talking about some of the people that he apparently thinks should be protected. Sometimes someone makes an awful move. I don't see any reason to protect them from the people that they screw over.
Colonel agentcom

Postby 72o on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:55 pm

I disagree with OP. People should be ridiculed publicly and foed immediately when they make stupid moves. They need to learn there are consequences for their actions.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:57 pm

agentcom wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

I wasn't calling the OP a dumbass. I was talking about some of the people that he apparently thinks should be protected. Sometimes someone makes an awful move. I don't see any reason to protect them from the people that they screw over.

Yeah, but is anyone really getting screwed? If cooks are involved that should just be taken into consideration and equated into strategy. The consequence for their actions is they lose the game, hence their rank.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:43 am

agentcom wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

I interpreted your post as calling me a dumbass for suggesting that people need to let off steam in game chat lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Gillipig wrote:
agentcom wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

I interpreted your post as calling me a dumbass for suggesting that people need to let off steam in game chat lol.

Haha, ok. Sorry about that. Not what I intended at all. I was saying something more like this:

72o wrote:I disagree with OP. People should be ridiculed publicly and foed immediately when they make stupid moves. They need to learn there are consequences for their actions.
Colonel agentcom

Postby Jdsizzleslice on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:55 pm

72o wrote:I disagree with OP. People should be ridiculed publicly and foed immediately when they make stupid moves. They need to learn there are consequences for their actions.
Brigadier Jdsizzleslice

Postby timogl on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:08 pm

Gillipig wrote:

wow. gilli. for the win.
Lieutenant timogl

Postby SirSebstar on Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:19 pm

and locked.
This is neither discussions, nor the place to insult people
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Return to Conquer Club Discussion