Conquer Club

What is the Democrat Party?

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: What is the Democrat Party?

Postby Woodruff on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:03 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Obama has directly attacked freedom of religion by forcing all employers to provide free birth control.

Once again, I will point out to you that IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT OF YOUR RELIGION TO RUN A BUSINESS. Therefore, if it is not a requirement of your religion to run a business, this IS NOT AN ATTACK AGAINST FREEDOM OF RELIGION. My God, this isn't a difficult concept. I REALLY don't understand how someone who CLAIMS to be a strict Constitutionalist can't understand this.

Did you know that Christian Universities and Bible publishers that have always been granted religious exemptions same as churches under other legislation are not exempted from this mandate? They are no longer "religious enough". This is a mandate to push a social agenda and to violate the freedoms of others. Furthermore, no person can be forced to give up their constitutional rights simply because they are engaged in the public sphere. Freedom of religion does not mean you only have that freedom when you're acting privately.

...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby thegreekdog on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:23 pm

Night Strike... seriously dude. This is preposterous.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:36 pm

saxitoxin wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Night Strike wrote:Obama has directly attacked freedom of religion by forcing all employers to provide free birth control.

Obama has directly attacked Life by executing US citizens (Anwar al-Awlaki) without due process.

The right to Life is guaranteed by the US Declaration of Independence which is 15 years older than the current Constitution.

If Republicans are willing only to combat Obama's secondary and tertiary transgressions but leave him unchallenged on his primacy violations then the legitimacy of their concern on any of these topics is suspect.

So do you believe that all the deaths in the civil war were also violations of the right to life? Al-Awlaki chose to wage war against the United States in the name of Islam. The US military has been given authority to wage war against those who would do acts of terrorism in the name of Islam. This wasn't an execution.

Awlaki never raised arms against the US. Obama killed him because of statements he made that disagreed with US foreign policy. What's to keep Obama from executing people who disagree with tax policy if that's okay?

Was al-awlaki a part of the Muslim Brotherhood?
Major Phatscotty

Postby saxitoxin on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:42 am

Phatscotty wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:
Night Strike wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:

Obama has directly attacked Life by executing US citizens (Anwar al-Awlaki) without due process.

The right to Life is guaranteed by the US Declaration of Independence which is 15 years older than the current Constitution.

If Republicans are willing only to combat Obama's secondary and tertiary transgressions but leave him unchallenged on his primacy violations then the legitimacy of their concern on any of these topics is suspect.

So do you believe that all the deaths in the civil war were also violations of the right to life? Al-Awlaki chose to wage war against the United States in the name of Islam. The US military has been given authority to wage war against those who would do acts of terrorism in the name of Islam. This wasn't an execution.

Awlaki never raised arms against the US. Obama killed him because of statements he made that disagreed with US foreign policy. What's to keep Obama from executing people who disagree with tax policy if that's okay?

Was al-awlaki a part of the Muslim Brotherhood?

That's unlikely. He was a Wahhabist, like the kings of Saudi Arabia to whom the US sells weapons.

He was also the subject of at least three known US criminal investigations from 2002 to 2010, none of which the US was able to even get a Grand Jury indictment on. IIRC that was another in the list of complaints in the US Declaration of Independence; that the British government would impose extrajudicial punishment when it wasn't able to secure criminal convictions in the normal courts. (Probably a little ironic Awlaki's Ph.D. was out of George Washington University.)
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby spurgistan on Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:19 am

Mr_Adams wrote:You, sir, are an idiot.

Timminz wrote:By that logic, you eat babies.
Sergeant spurgistan

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:21 am

spurgistan wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrat_Party_(epithet)

lolz

You're missing a ")" in your link, apparently.

And I'm not sure why you're surprised that's exactly what Night Strike is trying to do. It fits his agenda perfectly.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby spurgistan on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:01 am

I was mostly amused that there's a wiki for "Democrat Party," and not just some redirect to the Democratic Party.

Sergeant spurgistan

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:54 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Night Strike... seriously dude. This is preposterous.

... I realize you're not talking to me, sorry, but what post was this a reaction to, Greek?

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Night Strike wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Once again, I will point out to you that IT IS NOT A REQUIREMENT OF YOUR RELIGION TO RUN A BUSINESS. Therefore, if it is not a requirement of your religion to run a business, this IS NOT AN ATTACK AGAINST FREEDOM OF RELIGION. My God, this isn't a difficult concept. I REALLY don't understand how someone who CLAIMS to be a strict Constitutionalist can't understand this.

Did you know that Christian Universities and Bible publishers that have always been granted religious exemptions same as churches under other legislation are not exempted from this mandate? They are no longer "religious enough". This is a mandate to push a social agenda and to violate the freedoms of others. Furthermore, no person can be forced to give up their constitutional rights simply because they are engaged in the public sphere. Freedom of religion does not mean you only have that freedom when you're acting privately.

And, according to you, the freedom of the employees just does not matter.. becuase the point is that these groups don't just EMPLOY people who have agreed to follow their religion. So, the force is that these employers are saying "if you want to work for me, you have to follow MY religious dictates". That's OK if its a church.. not if it is a store or school that wants to promote itself as religious.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:32 pm

Symmetry wrote:
It really pissed me off- it was shorter than my master's thesis and wasn't even checked for errors. Dude gets to call himself a doctor for that? I had to get my department to pay for the bloody thing based on the abstract, and he didn't even finish it.

I can rant for a long time at how disappointed I was. One of the endnotes was literally "put details here later". And it's not as if there were many endnotes.

Dr. Evan, you ain't a doctor, wherever you are.

More of this to come.. more to come since the idea of publically funded education is just so ... restrictive.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Night Strike wrote:The Democrat Party prefers a web of dependency over a true safety net:

"First I went to the Manhattan Jobs Center and asked, "Can I get help finding a job?" They told me they don't do that. 'We sign people up for food stamps.' I tried another jobs center. They told me to enroll for unemployment benefits."

So the "jobs" centers help people get handouts.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/10/03/we_fund_dependency_115648.html

and how did you magically decide that this was the fault of Democrats?
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:41 pm

Nobunaga wrote:

... I realize you're not talking to me, sorry, but what post was this a reaction to, Greek?

I hope thegreekdog will correct me if I'm wrong, but I suspect he's referring to the idea of wholesale Christian persecution in the United States.

Postby Nobunaga on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:47 pm

PLAYER57832 wrote:
Night Strike wrote:The Democrat Party prefers a web of dependency over a true safety net:

"First I went to the Manhattan Jobs Center and asked, "Can I get help finding a job?" They told me they don't do that. 'We sign people up for food stamps.' I tried another jobs center. They told me to enroll for unemployment benefits."

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2012/10/03/we_fund_dependency_115648.html

... I keep butting in... maybe I should receive a warning...

... It's called Plantation Politics, Player. Dependency creates voters. Look it up. I've told you this same thing at least three times... You want the book recommendations again?

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:09 pm

Nobunaga wrote:

That there is an attack on Christianity in the United States by the government.

There are too many Christians who vote for that to be considered.

Postby BigBallinStalin on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:26 am

Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

... It's called Plantation Politics, Player. Dependency creates voters. Look it up. I've told you this same thing at least three times... You want the book recommendations again?

I'm down for book recommendations on Plantation Politics.

I've always wondered about its effectiveness, since IIRC voters within the lowest income brackets are least likely to vote, even after throwing lots of money at them. I've generally considered that kind of spending to induce more people from not rioting during harsh times.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:32 am

thegreekdog wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

the government has many people in it though who attack Christianity...
Major Phatscotty

Postby Phatscotty on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:34 am

Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

could try this too

Blacklash: How Obama and the Left Are Driving Americans to the Government Plantation.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Nobunaga on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:36 am

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

I'm down for book recommendations on Plantation Politics.

I've always wondered about its effectiveness, since IIRC voters within the lowest income brackets are least likely to vote, even after throwing lots of money at them. I've generally considered that kind of spending to induce more people from not rioting during harsh times.

... Uncle Sam's Plantation is great place to start. Written by a woman who fit every stereotype of the guaranteed, welfare queen democrat, who pulled herself out of poverty with a lot of hard work and study.

... Ms. Parker does a great job explaining how the policies set in place by Johnson set the stage, and how the continuation of these many programs keeps many millions of black Americans, born into them, stuck in them... and voting Democrat in fear of losing them.

... Not the best writer, but very understandable, and she writes "from the trenches", not as an observer who's never been there.

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Sams-Planta ... 0785262199

... Ms. Parker is pretty much hated now by both white and black liberal democrats. She's spoken at events and at universities, frequently shouted down by angry (usually white) opposition.

... Speaking of... check out the attacks on Stacey Dash for DARING to support Mitt Romney. She is being attacked because she is black, and holds the beliefs that she holds. This is very demonstrative of what I'm talking about. People like this make Player, and her fellow Statists upset. It seems this actress does not know her place.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/twitter ... ur-future/

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:24 am

Nobunaga wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:

Yes, but how is thes particular program the fault of Democrats.... in fact, a LOT of these programs have been cut because of Republican budget cuts. Also, Republicans tend to be very vocal about limiting programs, but are not very handy at coming up with real solutions. See, when push comes to shove, having a bunch of starving people in the streets is not good for polititians of any party.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:25 am

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

Yeah, and amazingly, most of them ARE CHRISTIAN!!!

Claiming that criticism = attack is a game for people who refuse to think intelligently.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:59 am

Phatscotty wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Nobunaga wrote:

Not really, no.

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:35 pm

Let's look at this a different way. Let's say there are people in government who are attacking Christianity and let's say that reason has something to do with a disrespect for those who believe in God. Why would those people want to attack Christianity? What is the motivation to pour significant time, energy, and dollars into attacking an institution that, unless inserted into political discourse, has little to no effect on the non-believer? Furthermore, why aren't these same people attacking other religions, such as Judaism or Islam?

With some exceptions, I think members of both parties go out of their way to not offend the religious.

Postby PLAYER57832 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:51 pm

thegreekdog wrote:Let's look at this a different way. Let's say there are people in government who are attacking Christianity and let's say that reason has something to do with a disrespect for those who believe in God. Why would those people want to attack Christianity? What is the motivation to pour significant time, energy, and dollars into attacking an institution that, unless inserted into political discourse, has little to no effect on the non-believer? Furthermore, why aren't these same people attacking other religions, such as Judaism or Islam?

With some exceptions, I think members of both parties go out of their way to not offend the religious.

Yes, but a lot of religious leaders are currently getting a lot of mileage and increase in power by declaring various "wars" on religious matters.

Frankly, you yourself take the part when it comes to family planning issues. And that is the crux. Either we are a nation that allows differing beliefs, even those we ourselves find repugnant, or we head towards either Theocracy or McCarthyism.

You cannot say "I want my religious beliefs taken into legal consideration for THIS issue, but can forgo it for others". Either we have secular rule or we are a nation based on religious doctrine. A LOT of people in the Roman Catholic hierarchy and the Evangelical Christian movement, even many members of the Church of Latter-Day Saints, a few others want us to follow their religious morals.
Corporal PLAYER57832

Postby patrickaa317 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:30 pm

Thought I'd post this before Juan got to it. Graphic/vulgar content.

taking a break from cc, will be back sometime in the future.
Sergeant patrickaa317

Postby spurgistan on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:35 pm

People are destroying signs? This is a new thing, and I blame Obama.

Sergeant spurgistan

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,