Conquer Club

Who do you trust most? PART #3 - SURGERY

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who do you trust to perform surgery on you?

Total votes : 0

Who do you trust most? PART #3 - SURGERY

Postby saxitoxin on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:16 am

You have decided to have a minor, elective surgery of some type. However, there is a queue at hospital and you're leaving in a month for a holiday on Grenada. You have a $100 gift card to Powell Books and purchased a copy of the Surgeon's Desk Reference. Choose one primary and two back-up surgeons.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Re: Who do you trust most? PART #3 - SURGERY

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:21 am

Patch Adams, but only because of the movie
Major Phatscotty

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:25 pm

There is no way anyone from this site is getting near me with a scalpel. We are all misfits here, none of which should be trusted past the position of "goldfish sitter" and even that could have disastrous results.
I would probably opt to buy myself a quality mirror and go the route of Robert DeNero in that Ronin movie. At least I would only have myself to blame.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby ManBungalow on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

Lifted from this thread;
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=151111#p3301949

ManBungalow wrote:Hello and welcome to ManBungalow's Legal Budget Confidential Medical Centre
    (MLBCMC)

The story of MLBCMC starts in 1949, back when I began my medical career at a small research centre in what was formerly known as Yugoslavia. It was in this year when I first discovered what you may know today as penicillin. I later went on to accidentally synthesise the drug from a solution of koala faeces and human urine.

Of course, it was destined to become a hit with all the qualified professionals in years to come. However, my ignorant supervisor didn't understand that the drug had to be tested in huge quantities on thousands of endangered elephants; and after the lab was discovered and my precious jars of urine smashed by protestors in late 1950, my supervisor told me that I was an abomination of the human race and that if he ever saw me again I would wake up the next day with only one thorax.

During the ten years that followed, I tried with little success to transplant the digestive system of various ungulates into humans, so that I could one day fulfill my dream of extracting the energy stored in grass and cud.
In order to continue financing my investigations and support my chronic addiction to buying IBM stock, I was forced to marry a rich, beautiful princess from Monaco. She only came to see me once because she tragically fell out of the twenty-ninth-storey window at my apartment, and the police said she was under the influence of a strange toxin they've never encountered before so that was probably why.

By 1963 I had given up all hope of ever building RoboCop, but I had a surprise visit from an old friend who had emigrated to the USA only three years before. His name was Victor_Sullivan, and he soon told me that he had glued a large sponge to his spine while bathing and was too embarrassed about the matter to see a trained medical practitioner. It was after I removed his lungs that I realised where my heart truly lay, and thusly the MLBCMC was born.

So here we are in 2011, and I have several dozen people stumble into the successful and fully-certified MLBCMC every week!
Who would've thunk it?

Come one, come all. Post your curious ailments and queries (just don't ask any specific questions), and expect quality advice from an experienced consultant.

HOW TO FIND THE MLBCMC :

Go past the vending machine and into the alley. You can't miss it.

Click image to enlarge.

REVIEWS OF THE MLBCMC FROM SURVIVING CUSTOMERS :

Army of GOD wrote:Thanks to the MLBCMC, I now have a third ovary. Cheers ManBungalow!

Woodruff wrote:My new and improved eyebrows allow me to quash the opinions of anyone who is wrong!

JoshyBoy wrote:I had breast-reduction surgery at MLBCMC, and my girlfriend simply loves the new look!

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

tl;dr: vote ManBungalow 2012
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby nietzsche on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:03 pm

AoN for the primary surgeon position as he knows how to handle a knife, rds and AoG for the nurse positions because they know how to wear a dress.
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 06, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm not on the list :(
â–‘â–’â–’â–“â–“â–“â–’â–’â–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Funkyterrance on Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:27 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I'm not on the list :(

Are you a surgeon in rl? If not, join the club!
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby thegreekdog on Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:42 pm

I went for the most calm, cool, collected people: rds, MeDeFe, and greecepwns.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Woodruff on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:28 pm

nietzsche wrote:AoN for the primary surgeon position as he knows how to handle a knife

I was thinking this same thing. I figure if nothing else, cutting things might be right down his alley.

Then again, he may go all "survival of the fittest" on you.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby 2dimes on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:50 pm

First, I'm looking for some explanation regarding relivant experience here. Second who's running anesthesiology here? You can't just vodka up before surgery, you'll bleed to death morans. Is this something I can reach myself like an appendix?
Corporal 2dimes

Postby BigBallinStalin on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:00 pm

I voted for ManB thrice.
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby john9blue on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:04 pm

i'm not squeamish and i have very good hand-eye coordination

but the hippocratic oath can suck my dick
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
Captain john9blue

Postby Symmetry on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:06 pm

john9blue wrote:i'm not squeamish and i have very good hand-eye coordination

but the hippocratic oath can suck my dick

Well, it won't do you any harm if it does.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:57 pm

I think I would pick, if forced to, someone who had some value for human life opposed to someone who was good at gory video games.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby john9blue on Sun Oct 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:I think I would pick, if forced to, someone who had some value for human life opposed to someone who was good at gory video games.

this is ironic because i never play gory video games and i'm one of the only pro-lifers on the forum

don't draw conclusions about me, because what you think you know about me is probably wrong. i don't fit molds.
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
Captain john9blue

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:19 pm

john9blue wrote:
Funkyterrance wrote:I think I would pick, if forced to, someone who had some value for human life opposed to someone who was good at gory video games.

this is ironic because i never play gory video games and i'm one of the only pro-lifers on the forum

don't draw conclusions about me, because what you think you know about me is probably wrong. i don't fit molds.

Nah, and I actually considered these facts when I wrote and knew it could be taken the wrong way but thought maybe the ridiculousness of my post would hint at its joking nature... Tbh it wasn't really directed at you. You have to admit a gory video gamer would fit the bill according to your qualifications. ;)
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby john9blue on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:34 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:
john9blue wrote:

Nah, and I actually considered these facts when I wrote and knew it could be taken the wrong way but thought maybe the ridiculousness of my post would hint at its joking nature... Tbh it wasn't really directed at you. You have to admit a gory video gamer would fit the bill according to your qualifications. ;)

i've been here long enough to not dismiss ANY post as too ridiculous to be geniune.
Captain john9blue

Postby Woodruff on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:04 pm

john9blue wrote:

There are a lot of us that are pro-life, actually...we're just not in favor of the government mandating it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby GabonX on Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:26 pm

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:

There are a lot of us that are pro-life, actually...we're just not in favor of the government mandating it.

lol

"I'm pro gay marraige, I'm just not in favor of the government mandating it."

"I'm against murder. I'm just not in favor of the government banning it."
Spazz Arcane wrote:If birds could swim and fish could fly I would awaken in the morning to the sturgeons cry. If fish could fly and birds could swim I'd still use worms to fish for them.
saxitoxin wrote:I'm on Team GabonX
Captain GabonX

Postby Woodruff on Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:51 am

GabonX wrote:
Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:

lol

"I'm pro gay marraige, I'm just not in favor of the government mandating it."

Funny you should word it that way...it really gives away your bias.

GabonX wrote:"I'm against murder. I'm just not in favor of the government banning it."

So you don't believe it's possible to hold a personal belief about something but recognize that it's not anyone else's business?

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,