Conquer Club

Batman : Arkham City [Day 4] And we're back

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day3] So much reckless hate

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:42 am

ok i now get what the janitor role is. so would we agree on this?

-dozr killed by saf by mistake during an investigation
-jonty killed by mafia and cleaned by a janitor
-gillipig got killed by LSU tiger who just softclaimed vigilante

that leaves us with no SK move.

And no tiger, I already gave my opinion on this todya and yesterday. i really wanted to give gillpig the chance to speak up today.

right now, it would be interesting to know if squirel and crazy can tell us what they did, even if crazy will be more interesting apaently.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:45 am

actually i don't think that squirel should tell us what he did unless he learned something from it or if he sees someone is lying.

anyway, with all these power town has mafia should have a whole bunch of fucked up roles... it's getting scary! wonder what batman can do.
Major betiko

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:18 am

Let's leave direct insults out of mafia please. I personally find your post to be completely out of line and disrespectful Gillipig.

Vote Betiko because of the guilty result on Nag. Everyone seems to have forgotten that Mr. Squirrel swapped Nag and Betiko night 1 which was actually the only reason we did not lynch betiko for lying about his role when Crazy claimed that betiko visited Edoc.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Nendreel on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 am

safariguy5 wrote:Damn, I'm going to have to claim responsibility for the DroZ death.

I'm Two Face, a town cop. However, after rereading my role PM more carefully, I finally understand the mechanic. Every night, I choose a target. As is true of my character, I flip a coin. Half the time, I investigate them. Half the time, I kill them. This must have been one of the times I killed them.

Now, since I replaced, my Night 1 result was an investigation on nagerous and that came back guilty.

Given that half the time, my role is a killing role, I think I would be extremely underpowered if I was also paranoid/insane. And if we want to talk flavor, the Harvey Dent side of Two Face has been shown to be a good person, at least in the comics. I had originally assumed that the warning in my PM about 50% being bad would be that the 50% would give me a bad investigation. But now I see it's a 50% vig kill.

Therefore, I assume my investigation side of things is true.

vote nagerous

Hold on, if you targetted Nagerous on Night 1 then wouldn't your results be for Betiko because of Squirrel's bussing?
Or are you accounting for the bussing?
Clarification please.
Sergeant Nendreel

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:32 am

good point, i didn't even think of it. saf, are you saying that jak investigated me on night 1 or nagerous? you kind of made a shortcut there that changes everything.
Major betiko

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Dr. Strange is gone

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:48 am

betiko wrote:
show
My concern with your claim saf is this. that's jak's last post, and it was day 2. day 1 he was all over me, and day 2 he posted only 1 thing, this and he was still on me. Jak has been playing all his other mafia games and dropped this one. I don't really know in which other mafia games he's in but i think it would be strange to drop completely this one. He got in a pretty exciting position if he investigated on day 1 and got a guilty result... unfortunately his post was the one just before squirel claimed bus, and we learned that crazy visited nagerous instead of me... would ve been interesting to see how he would ve pressured him.

other than this everything seems to fit pretty well...
For information about Jak's decision to drop some of his games refer to the H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Signups thread. Also, none of this is relevant to what Safariguy is saying as he replaced Illiad, not Jak.
betiko wrote:And no tiger, I already gave my opinion on this todya and yesterday. i really wanted to give gillpig the chance to speak up today.
A situation where a person who has already claimed is certain to be the number 1 lynch target the next day is one of the least controversial Vig targets possible.
Captain spiesr

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:20 pm

safariguy5 wrote:Damn, I'm going to have to claim responsibility for the DroZ death.

I'm Two Face, a town cop. However, after rereading my role PM more carefully, I finally understand the mechanic. Every night, I choose a target. As is true of my character, I flip a coin. Half the time, I investigate them. Half the time, I kill them. This must have been one of the times I killed them.

Now, since I replaced, my Night 1 result was an investigation on nagerous and that came back guilty.

Given that half the time, my role is a killing role, I think I would be extremely underpowered if I was also paranoid/insane. And if we want to talk flavor, the Harvey Dent side of Two Face has been shown to be a good person, at least in the comics. I had originally assumed that the warning in my PM about 50% being bad would be that the 50% would give me a bad investigation. But now I see it's a 50% vig kill.

vote nagerous

So what happened to you night 2?
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:22 pm

nagerous wrote:

vote nagerous

So what happened to you night 2?

Ah sorry you're claiming that you killed DroZ, not buying it right now, but yes your investigation on night 1 was on betiko but nice try.
Captain nagerous

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:34 pm

Hey guys. I'm really sorry, but I'm probably going to have to be replaced in this game. School and work and life is just too busy right now. On top of that, my internet will be cutting out at the end of the week.

And in case it mattered, before I go, I didn't busdrive anyone last night because I wasn't on.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Re: Batman : Arkham City [Day 2] Dr. Strange is gone

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:50 pm

spiesr wrote:For information about Jak's decision to drop some of his games refer to the H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Signups thread.
Yeah i read it and it is a bit lame to drop some games and sign up for others at the same time, that"s why i was saying all this.

spiesr wrote:Also, none of this is relevant to what Safariguy is saying as he replaced Illiad, not Jak.
You are perfectly right my bad, was pretty sure he replaced jak and didn't go on the OP to recheck. Iliad wrote 1 confirm and 1 substancial post (it is literally it!) just one post on day 1!! Let me finish answering your post iliad and i get back to the iliad/saf2.0 case.

spiesr wrote:A situation where a person who has already claimed is certain to be the number 1 lynch target the next day is one of the least controversial Vig targets possible.
. Yes you are right, but what was the rush? now we all know who te vig is and we blindly killed a JOAT. I am sure that after seeing that the mafia roleblocker didn't do anything on night 1 acording to gillipig I would never have believed him today and would ve gone for his lynch whatever the explanations could be. But we would ve got a valuable info for day 4! he probably investigated someone last night. Gillipig would ve been the town lynch and nagerous the vig kill. we wouldn t ve had the vig outed + an extra investigation result or whatever he used night 2.

back to iliad/saf2.0

Iliad wrote:Sorry guys, cookies trouble kept being logged out of CC. Technical issues over.

betiko's behaviour is just baffling to me. He collates a full flavour list, a list not really needed on day 1 and i don't see what why it was made. He responds aggressively and invites pressure onto himself essentially and then under the lightest pressure roleclaims, but only the flavour.
betiko wrote:i'll save town some time as you are most probably going to continue this nonsense. I am Bane

you will not learn anymore from me, not even if someone fakeclaims my name. but I'm eager to see if any scum has the balls on day 1 to step up and fakeclaim! ;)

Notice how assumes that he's immediately out of the clear. Not so fast.

Looks to me like a scum newbie who got a fakeclaim as part of his role, and was overeager and wanted to role claim as soon as possible thinking that'd make him in the "clear".

Let's get one thing clear about themed games. Fakeclaims given to mafia are very likely. Whenver I make themed games I usually make the decision to leave out a few relatively important characters out so mafia has credible fakeclaims. Otherwise it's endgame and the claims are Hermione,Ron, Professor Mcgonnagall and Groundskeeper #4 from Book 3. It's entirely possible that Bane is fakeclaim and I'm not a fan of assuming guilt based on flavour claims. Bekito's actual actions have been very scumy.

vote bekito

so if the guy writes 1 and only post that is just about me and that i don't get lynched that day, what are the odds that he didn't investigate me? why the hell would ve he investigated directly before bussing nagerous? thanks god the coin flipped on the good side or it would ve killed 2 townies for the price of an investigation. Anyway i'm sure i'll get cleared by saf, otherwise he is the one lying and nagerous has a role that mafia wants to see dead asap to the point of sacrifying one of their own? he can still say that it's be cause he's half insane cop but come on.. my guess is that saf just forgot to add that the result was on nagerous following the busclaim but that i was the primary target. Bah i won't wait for safari, I think skimming an lying like that wouldn't be his style, he just didn't mention "after bus".

unvote vote nagerous

fastposted. out of the killed, droz is the only one that could replace squirrel...
and nagerous, why would iliad investigate you and not me on night 1 please? nice try yourself.
Major betiko

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:54 pm

Iliad knows me well after playing many games with me so it is understandable that he would target me.

I think you should wait on saf before throwing your vote my way, I know I am innocent and in the clear.
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:19 pm

nagerous wrote:Iliad knows me well after playing many games with me so it is understandable that he would target me.

I think you should wait on saf before throwing your vote my way, I know I am innocent and in the clear.

well, in that case do you think saf would take such a risk? being what, sk? or would droz be the mafia kill and jonty the sk kill? saf's scenario makes sense. I definitely want you to claim after those revelations and you are far enough from a lynch for me to refrain from voting you.

And no, it is even more understandable to target your major suspect that hasn't been lynched and didn't want to reveal his role on day 1 rather than someone he hasn't mentioned and hasn't been in the eye of the cyclone for a second.
Major betiko

Postby gregwolf121 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:41 pm

nagerous wrote:Iliad knows me well after playing many games with me so it is understandable that he would target me.

well im wondering why wait, saf clearly said

vote nagerous

the result of the investigation guilty
so vote nagerous
Captain gregwolf121

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:45 pm

I will wait for clarification. But if it proves to be correct then I cant really shoot down a guilty result.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby strike wolf on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:03 pm

is everyone skimming that badly to not realize the busdrive issue?
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

strike wolf wrote:is everyone skimming that badly to not realize the busdrive issue?

no. Thats why I said I would wait for clarification.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby spiesr on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:28 pm

strike wolf wrote:is everyone skimming that badly to not realize the busdrive issue?
Well, these are the same people who can't seem to remember/understand that the mod won't count their votes unless they are bold & blue, so I don't have much faith in them...
Captain spiesr

Postby rishaed on Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:34 pm

No. That's why they are waiting for clarification from Saf 2.0, I am as well. IF Nag was investigated (from bussing) then its cut pretty clean today. Plus I'm not buying his strawman argument of "he knows me, of course he's going to investigate me", if i knew you and how you react I would rather investigate someone who im not familiar with than someone i know how to read . . . just sayin' :roll:
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DRoZ on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:01 pm

Thanks for killing me brah.. but seriously, I am available to replace if it is possible.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:02 pm

betiko wrote:

. I definitely want you to claim after those revelations and you are far enough from a lynch for me to refrain from voting you.

I have no intentions of un-necessarily claiming, you're the one who was investigated vote betiko :roll:
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 pm

EBWOP

vote betiko
Captain nagerous

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:50 pm

DRoZ wrote:Thanks for killing me brah.. but seriously, I am available to replace if it is possible.
either replace shaggy dan or squirrel mae, ask lovo!
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:56 pm

oh well saw everything in red did th same (do we really need such psychorigidity about it?)

unvote vote nagerous

nag you know perfectly what saf is going to say, and you will possibly not even need to claim, you'll get lynched before like you mate vodean. By the way, too ba vodean didn't get to claim something, from what i know for now they might not have nameclaims, that's why they are so defensive about claiming.
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:13 pm

DRoZ wrote:Thanks for killing me brah.. but seriously, I am available to replace if it is possible.

its one way 2 get a new lease on life :D
See if LoVo takes you.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby ghostly447 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:33 pm

betiko wrote:oh well saw everything in red did th same (do we really need such psychorigidity about it?)

unvote vote nagerous

nag you know perfectly what saf is going to say, and you will possibly not even need to claim, you'll get lynched before like you mate vodean. By the way, too ba vodean didn't get to claim something, from what i know for now they might not have nameclaims, that's why they are so defensive about claiming.

Are you saying that because there may be no name claims (you know, an un-thought of idea until now) for the mafia? And therefore they may try to stall, say, an extra day so they can attempt to collect a claim for their fake role claim? You know, like you did on Day 1?

vote betiko
Cadet ghostly447

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives