[Abandoned] Paris : Métropolitain

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Paris : Métropolitain [v8][2012-09-21]

Postby BisdeCapri on Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:36 am

Photoshop and Gimp
Corporal BisdeCapri

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Random Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:29 pm

I'll leave the gamplay comments to those gurus, but I did want to mention I like the black and gray aesthetic you've got going, especially the city skyline. The only part that kind of lacks is the blackhole behind the gameboard---in this area, I am not sure a black ink blot is really the best way to go.

Keep up the good work.

--Andy
Corporal AndyDufresne
Retired Administrator

Medals: 20
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) General Achievement (4) General Contribution (2)

Postby lazette on Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:32 pm

i'm not an expert on gameplay, so I let them talk and will try it as soon as it is out as a beta. Quite exciting to play on the metro map as a parisian.:)

This is a great idea.
Sergeant lazette

Medals: 15
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby Qyu on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:49 am

Here height suggestions about the black shape behind the playground :

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.
Colonel Qyu

Medals: 67
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (13) General Contribution (1)

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:04 am

How is this your first map Qyu? This is outstanding work. Personally, I like the last one the best, but the drawn river looks a little out of place in it.
Major nolefan5311

Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby Qyu on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:16 am

Maybe we could erase the drawn river in this version, or color the one on the satellite view. The fact is we move a little some stations : Eiffel and Trocadero to the west, and Victor Hugo and Etoile to the North, so we bent the river at the same time.
We also prefer this one, but some railroads become unreadable, especially darker one (11 & 14). We may solve this issue by change the color.
Colonel Qyu

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (3) Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (4) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (13) General Contribution (1)

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 am

Qyu wrote:Maybe we could erase the drawn river in this version, or color the one on the satellite view. The fact is we move a little some stations : Eiffel and Trocadero to the west, and Victor Hugo and Etoile to the North, so we bent the river at the same time.
We also prefer this one, but some railroads become unreadable, especially darker one (11 & 14). We may solve this issue by change the color.

I think removing the drawn one and giving the actual river a sort of glow would look great.

And I agree, changing the darker rail lines is probably for the best. #2 and #12 are a little hard to make out against the background.
Major nolefan5311

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby BisdeCapri on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:32 am

We've removed the river.

We've also put a black glow on yellow and blue lines for a better contrast and understanding.

If you like it, we can do the same for every lines
Corporal BisdeCapri

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:58 pm

I've added the above image to the first post, remember to keep your first post updated, it's easier for people to look at it and maybe leave a comment or two, than go through the whole thread to find out the latest version. ;)

Btw i like the map graphics, not a fan of the rail maps, but on the whole if i look at the map I find it nice.
It would be nice if everything was a bit larger, considering that this is the large version I'm a bit worried the small one will result too much cramped.
if you're willing to do the map larger, I can discuss with the guys if maybe we can allow some more pixels.

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

Postby Qyu on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:33 am

what if this one is the small size map ?
Colonel Qyu

Re: Paris : Métropolitain [v9][2012-10-09]

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:01 pm

Any more gameplay related comments? If not, this map will be given the gameplay stamp in 48 hours.
Major nolefan5311

Postby nolefan5311 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:25 pm

Onward and upward guys. Congrats!
Major nolefan5311

Postby BisdeCapri on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:58 pm

Great !!! We still have to fix some graphic issues... I'm working on it !
;)
Corporal BisdeCapri

Re: Paris : Métropolitain [v6][2012-08-29]

Postby iancanton on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:15 am

Qyu wrote:all territories start with 2 neutrals, except the Rail Stations (3 neutrals), and the territs with only one line (1 neutral)

please can u correct the first post, which still has the old neutral values?

BisdeCapri wrote:We've also put a black glow on yellow and blue lines for a better contrast and understanding.

there is a definite increase in clarity. the blue line especially stands out very well now.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1)
Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (6) General Contribution (12)

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:18 am

Qyu wrote:what if this one is the small size map ?

I think it's too much. Try to create a small, make some test....make sure everything fit the map. (but you don't need to be accurate for now)
Then let me know what is the best minimum size you can use for the small map. When we have that size we can discuss how much over that size we can go. ;)

Nobodies

Give every man your ear, but few thy voice. Take each man's censure, but reserve thy judgment.
show
Corporal 1st Class thenobodies80
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Medals: 70
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
General Achievement (8) Map Contribution (7) Tournament Contribution (6) General Contribution (17)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box