Conquer Club

Poll on Racism

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Is it just as racist to SUPPORT someone based on race; as it is to OPPOSE someone based on race

Total votes : 0

Re: Poll on Racism

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:59 am

Major Phatscotty

Postby Nobunaga on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:41 am

Symmetry wrote:
thegreekdog wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Oh please, the idea that some black people are promoting an "us-against-them" mentality has long been a scare-mongering tactic for the radical right. The fear that "they might do the same things we're doing to them if they get power".

Ditto women, who of course want more rights than men.

Ditto atheists, who want to ban religion.

Ditto homosexuals, who want to attack marriage.

Ditto liberals, who want to enslave everyone.

What a sad fearful thing so much of conservative thought has become. Reduced to a tedious grind of saying how horribly oppressed straight rich white men are, how they feel so under threat because occasionally someone calls them out on their bullshit, and that's not something they're used too.

Gets a little tawdry, doesn't it?

What? Was there some sort of secret code in the previous few posts that I missed?

...Nobunaga and his "Phatt" bromance? The tension is positively scandalous!

Wait, were you being sarcastic?

Cos I was running with the sarcasm thing.

... You gotta' back that up with something, Sym. Two people agreeing to something that you cannot agree to equates in your mind to what?...

... Quick question. Do you believe blacks, Asians and Hispanics should be held to different standards than their white counterparts when taking tests or applying for jobs? Do you think a minority author has the right to pen hateful speech simply because said author is not white?

... That seems to be your position.

Sergeant 1st Class Nobunaga

Postby Gillipig on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:19 am

Symmetry wrote:Oh please, the idea that some black people are promoting an "us-against-them" mentality has long been a scare-mongering tactic for the radical right. The fear that "they might do the same things we're doing to them if they get power".

What a sad fearful thing so much of conservative thought has become. Reduced to a tedious grind of saying how horribly oppressed straight rich white men are, how they feel so under threat because occasionally someone calls them out on their bullshit, and that's not something they're used too.

We athiests DO want to ban religion! I wouldn't shed a tear if people all of a sudden where banned from worshipping detrimental ideologies.
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:30 am

Phatscotty wrote:The point is that there should not be separate definitions, separate standards, separate classes, separate rights, separate benefits...ie the Progressive agenda and their perverted views on "Equality". They have set us back 100 years already

You don't seem to have a strong understanding of what the world was like 100 years ago. Do a little research.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:31 am

Gillipig wrote:

We athiests DO want to ban religion! I wouldn't shed a tear if people all of a sudden where banned from worshipping detrimental ideologies.

I don't want to ban it. I just want them to keep their religion out of our laws.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:15 pm

Gillipig wrote:

Heard of the knockout game that targets white people? And this is past 'promoting', white people have been killed.

You are clueless to the point you have no business talking about race or racism to anybody.
Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

what % of Atheists would you say share your views? I know it's not 100%, but you seem to speak for the overwhelming majority...

What reason would you have for saying such a ludicrous thing, other than that it happens to agree with what you want to pretend is the truth?

Postby Gillipig on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Gillipig wrote:

what % of Atheists would you say share your views? I know it's not 100%, but you seem to speak for the overwhelming majority...

If you knew me better you'd know that I rarely speak for the majority. To follow the majority is more often than not to be wrong. When you follow the flock you're not thinking critically.
Besides, If the majority is right, there's no need for me to speak my opinion. If a cause is both popular and logical then it doesn't need further endorsement.
What I like, is to find something that is unpopular but valid. An "inconvenient truth" ;)
Lieutenant Gillipig

Re: Poll on Racism: Stacey Dash

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Black actress causes fire storm for expressing support for the "white" candidate, which somehow has made her "the most controversial person in America"?

She got a call from Paul Ryan!
\:D/
Major Phatscotty

Postby Neoteny on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Ugh... Piers Morgan... can we give him back?
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:49 pm

Neoteny wrote:Ugh... Piers Morgan... can we give him back?

Why?
Last edited by Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Phatscotty

Postby Neoteny on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:58 pm

I'm not a fan.
Napoleon Ier wrote:You people need to grow up to be honest.
Major Neoteny

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:18 pm

Neoteny wrote:I'm not a fan.

I know! I cannot f'n stand him! But he gets a lot of big interviews, and I do watch him a lot, and he did win Celebrity Apprentice....
Major Phatscotty

Postby Gillipig on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:48 pm

Phatscotty wrote:Black actress causes fire storm for expressing support for the "white" candidate, which somehow has made her "the most controversial person in America"?

Three words, people are stupid!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Phatscotty on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Gillipig wrote:
Phatscotty wrote:Black actress causes fire storm for expressing support for the "white" candidate, which somehow has made her "the most controversial person in America"?

Three words, people are stupid!

but where are the racist attacks coming from? Why are there racist attacks at all?

Why is there so much pressure from a certain community against Stacey to oppose the very essence of REv. Martin Luther King Jr's message??
Major Phatscotty

Postby keiths31 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:13 pm

Saw this today. Just shows that people are racist regardless of their political leanings. Closest thing in Canada would be a francophone Canadian voting for an English Prime Minister.
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby Symmetry on Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:51 pm

keiths31 wrote:Saw this today. Just shows that people are racist regardless of their political leanings. Closest thing in Canada would be a francophone Canadian voting for an English Prime Minister.

There is a lot wrong with what you're saying here.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby keiths31 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Symmetry wrote:
keiths31 wrote:Saw this today. Just shows that people are racist regardless of their political leanings. Closest thing in Canada would be a francophone Canadian voting for an English Prime Minister.

How so?
Corporal 1st Class keiths31

Postby Woodruff on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:51 am

Symmetry wrote:

There is?

Are you trying to say that people are NOT racist regardless of their political leanings (which is also true)?

Postby Phatscotty on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:13 pm

keiths31 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:

How so?

poof! almost as bad as Iliad
Major Phatscotty

Honest conversation about race in America.

Postby Phatscotty on Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Views on race relations in the U.S. have come down sharply from new levels of optimism reached after President Barack Obama's election in 2008, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll suggests.

Optimism over race relations in the U.S. has slid since its historic high in January 2009, when 79% of whites and 64% of blacks—described such relations as good.

In the new poll, only 52% of whites and 38% of blacks felt that way.

I think the average Obama voter had a very different idea what would happen to racial relations in America when they elected him president.

For anyone who wants to have the discussion, what are the reasons for such a dismal plunge in race relations? They seemed pretty darn good 5 years ago.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Honest conversation about race in America.

Postby thegreekdog on Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:07 pm

Phatscotty wrote:
Views on race relations in the U.S. have come down sharply from new levels of optimism reached after President Barack Obama's election in 2008, a new Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll suggests.

Optimism over race relations in the U.S. has slid since its historic high in January 2009, when 79% of whites and 64% of blacks—described such relations as good.

In the new poll, only 52% of whites and 38% of blacks felt that way.

I think the average Obama voter had a very different idea what would happen to racial relations in America when they elected him president.

For anyone who wants to have the discussion, what are the reasons for such a dismal plunge in race relations? They seemed pretty darn good 5 years ago.

Did they not poll any other races (e.g. Asian, Hispanic*)?

*For purposes of this discussion, being Latin American or Hispanic is a race. Yes, this footnote is directed at Woodruff.
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby Phatscotty on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:52 pm

Symmetry wrote:Oh please, the idea that some black people are promoting an "us-against-them" mentality has long been a scare-mongering tactic for the radical right.

I'm taking it you have not heard of the knockout game, that is black people specifically targeting white people? This has gone way past 'promoting', people have been killed. Sounds like an us vs. them thing to me.

So while you are living in lala land espousing the opposite of reality, you should know by now you are clueless to the point you have no business talking on the issue of race or racism with anyone.

Put Symmetry down as one of the people who have been sweeping the problem under the rug while encouraging and feeding and empowering this kind of racist violent culture.

Last edited by Phatscotty on Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Major Phatscotty

Re: Poll on Racism: Race Relations in America

Postby mrswdk on Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:29 pm

Since when is 'Asian' a race?
Lieutenant mrswdk

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,