Conquer Club

new map based on chess

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

new map based on chess

Postby andretrepa on Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:11 pm

[b]Map Name:[Chess Conquer]
[b]Mapmaker(s):[André Trêpa and Conquer Team]
[b]Number of Territories:[64]
[b]Special Features:[chess pieces can only attack according to chess moves and empty squares became neutral]
[b]What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:[based on chess; everybody knows and it's a new approach to the game]

[b]Map Image:[chess board; ex: 8 players 4 territories each; empty squares 1 neutral troop]
[bigimg][/bigimg]
Colonel andretrepa

Re: new map based on chess

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 pm

Hello - Welcome to CC and the Foundry ;-)

You should find some useful information in the [Official] Conquer Club Mapmaker Handbook
If you still have questions after browsing those topics, feel free to ask any specific questions in the Foundry Discussions subforum - you should find people eager to help and give any advice in there.

Cheers,

koontz
[Moved]

This map has been moved into the Ideas subforum, as it does not meet the criteria for a Working Draft:
Drafting Room Guidelines

To be considered a Working Draft a project must be more than just an idea; a Draft should have a clear thematic focus, a plan for how the gameplay will work, and a basic image which should include:

1. Territory Labels - temporary names or numbers will suffice, and are always open to change.
2. Borders/Paths/Impassables - it should be made clear where territories do/do not connect.
3. Bonus Areas - where combinations/groups of territories will award a bonus, this should be indicated on the map.
4. Legend - speculative bonus values and explanations of any attack rules or gameplay features.

Draft images should generally not be larger than 630x600px (small image) or 840x800px (large image).
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Gillipig on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:17 am

So it's about chess.... and what else? What is the twist?
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Huegelkoenig on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:13 pm

andretrepa wrote:Special Features:[chess pieces can only attack according to chess moves and empty squares became neutral]

To move chess pieces like in a chess game, you would have to
a) change graphics during game
b) change attackable territories, depending on your chess piece positions

i don't think thats possible

also, there are no empty squares in CC, you always have to leave at least 1 troop behind.
killer neutrals depending on the # of troops on a territory: i don't think thats possible.

possible would be a game, based on a specific situation of a chess game, but i think it wouldnt be playable (e.g. what do you do with all those pawns who cant attack? => they are worthless)
Last edited by Huegelkoenig on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant Huegelkoenig

Postby greenoaks on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:31 pm

i don't see how this would work
Sergeant greenoaks

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas