Conquer Club

Violet's Das Schloss Trips Tourney- Completed!

Tournaments completed in 2013

Moderator: Tournament Directors

Re: Violet's Das Schloss Trips Tourney [16/16] FULL

Postby GoranZ on Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 am

Is the tournament active? No post from the organizer for over 1 month, it was the same with the other one that she organized, I wonder who is giving her permissions for organizing tournaments.

P.S. Some of the games that haven't started are already being deleted.
@VioIet I have no plans to remind you on your wall what you should do.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby VioIet on Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:47 am

GoranZ,

If you have a problem with the way I run my tournaments, then you don't have to join. I do this for fun and for the community to join. It's completely optional. Why join and continue to complain? I have not broken any rules, and my post on this page has constantly been edited. That keeps the thread active. Most players who have a question pm me, and I get back to them as soon as I can. If you choose not to pm me or wall me- that is your choice. I only check this thread once a week when it is time to make the new games. I am upfront about that.

No team that makes it to the semi-finals or finals will be bad. I'm not sure why you even said that. This tourney is about how well you play against as many teams as possible. The four teams that make it to the semi-finals have about the same number of wins, plus or minus one or two.The two teams that have won the most will be in the finals- just as in the last tourney. The set-up is the exact same as the last tourney. I think you can agree that the team you faced in the final was certainly not the worst team- as they won. I think to suggest that they are the "worse" team is a tad disrespectful. I think that any team that advances to the next round is deserving.
Bruceswar: I have big news coming out soonish
Violet: oh, what big news?
Bruceswar: I am leaving KORT to go to RA

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby GoranZ on Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:43 pm

VioIet wrote:GoranZ,

If you have a problem with the way I run my tournaments, then you don't have to join. I do this for fun and for the community to join. It's completely optional. Why join and continue to complain? I have not broken any rules, and my post on this page has constantly been edited. That keeps the thread active.

If you cant make a tourney without braking any rules why you make one? Its not my fault that you do not know which rule did you broke.

Main Post: Last edited by VioIet on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:26 am, edited 10 times in total.
Last Post: by VioIet on Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:53 am
Next post/edit: Last edited by VioIet on Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RULE BRAKE CONFIRMED

VioIet wrote:Most players who have a question pm me, and I get back to them as soon as I can. If you choose not to pm me or wall me- that is your choice. I only check this thread once a week when it is time to make the new games. I am upfront about that.

You want me to message you before you brake a rule? I will say one more time. If you need help ruining a tourney ask for it.

VioIet wrote:No team that makes it to the semi-finals or finals will be bad. I'm not sure why you even said that. This tourney is about how well you play against as many teams as possible. The four teams that make it to the semi-finals have about the same number of wins, plus or minus one or two. The two teams that have won the most will be in the finals- just as in the last tourney.

One or two lol... better say Six or Seven, you can get only that with your set of rules, since they are designed so your team can advance as much as possible, anyway you barely made it pass the preliminaries with 2 teams last time lol, and you can dream about semifinals this time ;)

VioIet wrote:I think you can agree that the team you faced in the final was certainly not the worst team- as they won. I think to suggest that they are the "worse" team is a tad disrespectful. I think that any team that advances to the next round is deserving.

You say they are better, I will ask In what? Now lets look at the stats...
My team wrote:Preliminaries: First
Quarterfinals: First ([b]FACE 1 First team from other preliminaries)[/b]
Semifinal: First ([b]FACE 2 First teams from quarterfinals)[/b]

Winners of the last tourney wrote:Preliminaries: Second
Quarterfinals: Second ([b]DID NOT FACE First team from other preliminaries)[/b]
Semifinal: First ([b]DID NOT FACE First teams from quarterfinals)[/b]

Overall score: Winners from the last tournament didn't had more victories then my team, although they had much easier road to the final.

I CAN NOT RESPECT TEAM THAT DIDN'T EARN ITS MEDAL, NOR ORGANIZER THAT ALLOWED THEM TO ACHIEVE THAT.

P.S. I'm here for profit, I will get many points from weak opponents, something that you allow me to do, but you are not smart enough to figure out lol
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby NoSurvivors on Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Good greif goran.. Give it a rest already.. No one forced you to join.. So quit bein a whining baby and wait.. The TO will get around to it-- possible busy life? Possible ganes not ready to be sent out yet? Idk, you most certainly don't know, so please think twice before entering a tournament whose organizer will get nothing but critisizm from you.. Its fuckin annoying.. Believe me.

-pats on the head- it'll be alright bubb.. Everythings gonna be ok.. Take another sip a milk from your bottle..

OUT.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:01 am

GoranZ wrote:P.S. I'm here for profit, I will get many points from weak opponents, something that you allow me to do, but you are not smart enough to figure out lol

Lmao.. Not smart enough.. Get over yourself bubb.. This organizers one of the brighter people I've met-- probably top 5-6 on this site (common sense wise at least) while you seem to be an angry person.. At least she can spell "break" correctly..

GoranZ wrote:RULE BRAKE CONFIRMED

=D>
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby GoranZ on Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:45 am

NoSurvivors wrote:This organizers one of the brighter people I've met-- probably top 5-6 on this site (common sense wise at least) while you seem to be an angry person..

Ok but how many persons you have met? probably 5-6 :lol: And yes I'm angry when rules are broken regardless if someone is your friend or not ;)

NoSurvivors wrote:At least she can spell "break" correctly..

English is not native language to all CC users, there are users from other countries... on a bright side over 99.9% of English speakers understand me :P

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby NoSurvivors on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:50 pm

GoranZ wrote:Ok but how many persons you have met? probably 5-6 :lol: And yes I'm angry when rules are broken regardless if someone is your friend or not ;)

Lmfao 5-6 people.. Um, let's see.. Started a clan... Play mafia games.. Frequent live chat user.. Tourney organizer.. And I've met 5-6 people? Funny stuff bubb.. As for the rules being broken, what rule is being broken here? You say "bad teams being forced to the final"? What?! If you're good enough to win x amount of games and go to the final, it shouldn't matter who you beat to get there! The best team should win. I'm sorry to hurt your e-feelings but there's no medal for second place.. So calm down. The post thing.. You're gonna tell me that you're gonna whine to the mods for 6 days? You realize how rediculous that is right? Someone gets busy in their life and then you show up in the thread complainin about how busy the TO is? Cmon bubb.. Can't hold eone responsible for something they can't help. She also said itd be 3 games a week.. Perhaps there's the possibility that she didn't edit till all games were finished? Please, if you don't like a TO just don't join their tourneys.. You did say you joined a previous tourney of hers and she did the same thing.. So...? Still joined? Also, her being my friend has nothing to do with the fact that you're being a prick.. Just sayin..

GoranZ wrote:English is not native language to all CC users, there are users from other countries... on a bright side over 99.9% of English speakers understand me :P

Lol apologies for this one bubb.. But really, if you're gonna comment on someone's stupidity and spell a word wrong in the process.. Makes you look rather silly, no?

All in all, lighten up. She is not obliged to make tourneys, and you aren't obliged to join them.. So if you don't enjoy the ones run by a certain person, don't join and then make a splash in the thread.. (I know its rather hypocritical but only telling ya what's what.. I wouldn't have if you didn't first bubb..)

OUT.
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby GoranZ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 4:59 am

NoSurvivors wrote:As for the rules being broken, what rule is being broken here?

If you don't know the rules its not my problem :lol:
NoSurvivors wrote:If you're good enough to win x amount of games and go to the final, it shouldn't matter who you beat to get there! The best team should win.

As the tourney is set up the best team might not win but for you to understand that you need higher level of IQ, something that you do not have...

NoSurvivors wrote:I'm sorry to hurt your e-feelings but there's no medal for second place.. So calm down. The post thing.. You're gonna tell me that you're gonna whine to the mods for 6 days? You realize how rediculous that is right?

lol I have good fun in this tourney, regardless of how poorly the TO is organizing it. For example I get a chance to crush someone like you, even if you always play CC :lol:

NoSurvivors wrote:Someone gets busy in their life and then you show up in the thread complainin about how busy the TO is? Cmon bubb.. Can't hold eone responsible for something they can't help. She also said itd be 3 games a week..

I started 4 games few days ago, sometimes it will be 6 or more, and that is way more then 3, but as I said previously you need to have brain to figure out this.

NoSurvivors wrote:So...? Still joined? Also, her being my friend has nothing to do with the fact that you're being a prick.. Just sayin..
As I said previously I get a chance to crush someone like you :lol:

P.S. No need to respond to your posts any more... we can all see how big is your sword on the battlefield, that is if you have a sword ;)

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby TheCrown on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:44 am

1. please stop the baiting you two.

2. GoranZ, what rules are being broken?
Colonel TheCrown

Postby GoranZ on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:18 am

TheCrown wrote:2. GoranZ, what rules are being broken?

No posts from the host and no standings update for over a month = Inactive tournament.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby NoSurvivors on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:02 pm

GoranZ wrote:
NoSurvivors wrote:As for the rules being broken, what rule is being broken here?

If you don't know the rules its not my problem :lol:
NoSurvivors wrote:If you're good enough to win x amount of games and go to the final, it shouldn't matter who you beat to get there! The best team should win.

As the tourney is set up the best team might not win but for you to understand that you need higher level of IQ, something that you do not have...

NoSurvivors wrote:I'm sorry to hurt your e-feelings but there's no medal for second place.. So calm down. The post thing.. You're gonna tell me that you're gonna whine to the mods for 6 days? You realize how rediculous that is right?

lol I have good fun in this tourney, regardless of how poorly the TO is organizing it. For example I get a chance to crush someone like you, even if you always play CC :lol:

NoSurvivors wrote:Someone gets busy in their life and then you show up in the thread complainin about how busy the TO is? Cmon bubb.. Can't hold eone responsible for something they can't help. She also said itd be 3 games a week..

I started 4 games few days ago, sometimes it will be 6 or more, and that is way more then 3, but as I said previously you need to have brain to figure out this.

NoSurvivors wrote:So...? Still joined? Also, her being my friend has nothing to do with the fact that you're being a prick.. Just sayin..
As I said previously I get a chance to crush someone like you :lol:

P.S. No need to respond to your posts any more... we can all see how big is your sword on the battlefield, that is if you have a sword ;)

I've never had my IQ tested, but thanks for that diagnostic, doctor. Good to know I'm not smart enough to know each rule of tourney making. Also, its good to know you take this game too seriously and have a better rank than me. I have, for your info only, been to brgiadier also. So before you try to take a shit on my rank, think and do some research on who you're dealing with ;). You're a good player, but I can tell you that I would likely beat you and your big bad briggie team mates too! (Depending the map choice, of course :lol:).

Since we have swerved slightly off topic thanks to your "slashes" to my rank and intelligence, (I hope that boost your e-confidence, I'm here to help..), I would like to thank you for being a mod-wanna-be and poining out the rule :). What you could have done instead of bitching in the thread:

1) Walled or PM'd the TO asking politely why they hadn't posted in the thread.

2) PM'd a mod to do it for you and prod the TO.

You understand my point? You could have handled this so much better than how you did.

As for how you keep presisting that a bad team might win;

-if your team is the best, they should keep winning and beat all other teams
-bad teams might get a lucky draw and go far, but shouldn't beat a good team

Tu comprends?? Now, you need to let the MODS deal with it if they feel its worth it. I have had tourneys not post for over a month, but they're flexible. It seems to me like you'd just like to stir the pot :lol:. So let's let the mods strip the privis if they feel it to be nessisary, and if you'd like to boost your self esteem some more, rather than doing it here, do it in a PM or callouts, goofball..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby TheCrown on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:10 pm

GoranZ, I see no TO rules being broken. I have found the TO suggestions to running a tourney, but I don't think these are definite rules. Correct me if I am wrong, but I have never heard it as a "rule" being broken when you don't post on your own tourney thread every 30 days. I know some of my tourneys in the past I have sometimes never posted, only updated standings. No one has ever said anything to me.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=93398&start=0
Colonel TheCrown

Postby GoranZ on Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:18 am

TheCrown wrote:only updated standings

But this is enough, why would someone say you something?

Look at this way, Preliminaries are almost over for your team, for mine they recently started(all games at Round 3) and for others are about to start, do you deserve some info from the TO to where the things are? From your point of view next round is next corner but in reality it is 2 months from now... and you could be on Winter vacation after 2 months :lol:

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby mviola on Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 am

To be fair, this tournament is being really poorly run. My team's invites were handed out over 3 weeks after everyone else's and then when the other team missed an invite, the games actually started to drop. And now, to make up for it, I have 6 Das SchloƟ games going at the same time.

If the TO is too busy to make sure the tournament is running properly, maybe the TO should not be running tourneys...

Also, NoSurvivors' attempt to gratify his CC existence is hilarious.
High Score: 2906
Major mviola

Postby NoSurvivors on Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:36 pm

mviola wrote:To be fair, this tournament is being really poorly run. My team's invites were handed out over 3 weeks after everyone else's and then when the other team missed an invite, the games actually started to drop. And now, to make up for it, I have 6 Das SchloƟ games going at the same time.

If the TO is too busy to make sure the tournament is running properly, maybe the TO should not be running tourneys...

Lol.. Never said I was a celeb bubb.. But I certainly know more than 5-6 people.. Maybe seven or eight? ;).

And this tourney is being run exactly how it was said be run. If you didn't read it and just joined, that's on you, isn't it?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby VioIet on Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:35 am

mviola wrote:To be fair, this tournament is being really poorly run. My team's invites were handed out over 3 weeks after everyone else's and then when the other team missed an invite, the games actually started to drop. And now, to make up for it, I have 6 Das SchloƟ games going at the same time.

Mviola, of course you are going to have 6 DS games going at the same time. That is perfectly normal, and I am not sure why you thought otherwise. I was pretty certain everyone would realize by week 3 of their invites- they would have 9 DS games going at the same time.

Let me break it down:

You have 9 DS games that you are going to play in Round 1. 3 invites are sent in one week. 3 more invites are sent the following week. Then the final 3 invites are sent the week after that. Meaning- you get 9 invites in a period of three weeks. Instead of sending you all 9 invites at a time- I divide it evenly into three weeks.

Also, you do realize that an average DS game takes over 20 rounds to end. And with this being a trips tourney, you will most likely only be into Round 4 or 5, by the time you get your second batch of invites. Now you have six games going. And the first three games are not going to be done by the time you get your last three invites. That's the nature of DS- the games last long. So yes, by week 3- you are going to have 9 games going at once.

Every team has/had about 9 games going at once, not just your team. That is the way the tourney works. I thought that was pretty clear from the rules I posted. If you actually have less than 9 games going after three weeks from receiving your first set of invites- either one game finished really early, or invites were not accepted in one or more games and they were deleted. In that case, you will have to wait a few weeks for those games to be re-made.

If you have a question, or if you are confused about something- feel free to ask. But you suggest that the tourney is run poorly, when in actuality, you have misunderstood how the invite works. I'm not sure how you thought things were going to go in your mind- but I have run the tourney exactly the way I stated in the rules.

Also, is it not in my control if a player doesn't accept their invites. Once I sent them out- I have done my part. So yes, when that happens, the two teams will have to either wait longer for the games to be re-made- or you will end up getting less than 3 games started one week, and over 3 games being started the following week. Yes, it would be nice if everyone all accepted their invites at the same time, so the games could all start when they were supposed to. It would save me a lot of work, and it would make things seem smoother. However, this happens in the tourney world at times, so I understand. People may be busy, may have forgotten to accept, may of had an account sitter at the time, etc, etc ,etc. As a TO, I try to be flexible and understanding when something out of the ordinary happens, and the tourney participants will have to bear with it as well. It seems that you and Goranz are angry about things out of my control.

If you didn't want more than three games at once, then honestly, you shouldn't have joined this tourney. That is just not how things work. If every team were to only have three games at once- this tourney could easily take two years to complete. I think you misunderstood 3 invites at once to mean- only 3 games as once. Goranz seemed to have the same misconception.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby mviola on Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:51 pm

VioIet wrote:

Mviola, of course you are going to have 6 DS games going at the same time. That is perfectly normal, and I am not sure why you thought otherwise. I was pretty certain everyone would realize by week 3 of their invites- they would have 9 DS games going at the same time.

Let me break it down:

You have 9 DS games that you are going to play in Round 1. 3 invites are sent in one week. 3 more invites are sent the following week. Then the final 3 invites are sent the week after that. Meaning- you get 9 invites in a period of three weeks. Instead of sending you all 9 invites at a time- I divide it evenly into three weeks.

Also, you do realize that an average DS game takes over 20 rounds to end. And with this being a trips tourney, you will most likely only be into Round 4 or 5, by the time you get your second batch of invites. Now you have six games going. And the first three games are not going to be done by the time you get your last three invites. That's the nature of DS- the games last long. So yes, by week 3- you are going to have 9 games going at once.

Every team has/had about 9 games going at once, not just your team. That is the way the tourney works. I thought that was pretty clear from the rules I posted. If you actually have less than 9 games going after three weeks from receiving your first set of invites- either one game finished really early, or invites were not accepted in one or more games and they were deleted. In that case, you will have to wait a few weeks for those games to be re-made.

If you have a question, or if you are confused about something- feel free to ask. But you suggest that the tourney is run poorly, when in actuality, you have misunderstood how the invite works. I'm not sure how you thought things were going to go in your mind- but I have run the tourney exactly the way I stated in the rules.

Also, is it not in my control if a player doesn't accept their invites. Once I sent them out- I have done my part. So yes, when that happens, the two teams will have to either wait longer for the games to be re-made- or you will end up getting less than 3 games started one week, and over 3 games being started the following week. Yes, it would be nice if everyone all accepted their invites at the same time, so the games could all start when they were supposed to. It would save me a lot of work, and it would make things seem smoother. However, this happens in the tourney world at times, so I understand. People may be busy, may have forgotten to accept, may of had an account sitter at the time, etc, etc ,etc. As a TO, I try to be flexible and understanding when something out of the ordinary happens, and the tourney participants will have to bear with it as well. It seems that you and Goranz are angry about things out of my control.

If you didn't want more than three games at once, then honestly, you shouldn't have joined this tourney. That is just not how things work. If every team were to only have three games at once- this tourney could easily take two years to complete. I think you misunderstood 3 invites at once to mean- only 3 games as once. Goranz seemed to have the same misconception.

Six games in round one at the same time? I don't think that was a part of the blueprint...

Also, I don't think you've checked the status of the games since you've sent them out, which is why I'm calling you out on being a terrible TO. You had three games from week one time out with my team because you failed to reinvite someone on the other team. You then only for some reason made and sent invites for 2 games against Hook2's team. And Goran either missed an invite or is protesting something here in yet another game of mine. So out of the 6 games, only 2/3 for me are running.

Maybe checking the status of the tourney every month and a half isn't enough?

I'm never joining another of your tourneys again to say the least...
Major mviola

Postby VioIet on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:16 am

mviola wrote:Six games in round one at the same time? I don't think that was a part of the blueprint...

Hmm, I actually already explained to you that it was. Round 1 has 9 games. It is in the rules. I will re-quote my explanation.

Let me break it down:

mviola wrote:Also, I don't think you've checked the status of the games since you've sent them out, which is why I'm calling you out on being a terrible TO. You had three games from week one time out with my team because you failed to re-invite someone on the other team.

Again, it is out of my control if someone misses their invite. I typically do not re-invite. It is quite annoying, especially after sending the invite out the first time. It is easier for me to re-make those games later after all the other round 1 games have been made. If someone politely asks me to re-invite them to their game, then I will as a courtesy. Typically, I do not.

mviola wrote:You then only for some reason made and sent invites for 2 games against Hook2's team.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here, because I made three games. One was deleted due to Goranz not accepting his invite.

mviola wrote:And Goran either missed an invite or is protesting something here in yet another game of mine. So out of the 6 games, only 2/3 for me are running.

Goranz missed his invite.

mviola wrote:Maybe checking the status of the tourney every month and a half isn't enough?

I check the tournament weekly.

mviola wrote:I'm never joining another of your tourneys again to say the least...

That is fine. This tournament is supposed to be fun. If it is not fun for you, then I wouldn't want you to enter.

GoranZ wrote:
TheCrown wrote:only updated standings

But this is enough, why would someone say you something?

Look at this way, Preliminaries are almost over for your team, for mine they recently started(all games at Round 3) and for others are about to start, do you deserve some info from the TO to where the things are? From your point of view next round is next corner but in reality it is 2 months from now... and you could be on Winter vacation after 2 months :lol:

There are no standings posted yet because Round 1 is not yet finished. I can't post standings when there are none.

While I do understand your point Goranz, I see things a bit differently. It has never really bothered me before when a round starts/ends in a tourney I have joined. I figure it will start when it starts. I join tournaments purely for fun. Just not a big deal to me and I think I just have a more laid-back approach to it than you do. Also in tourney's I join, I often check game-finder more so than the thread to see how the games are progressing along, if I'm curious.

I have been in tourneys that have lasted over a year, and there are five months in between rounds, and its just not a big deal to me. I've also been in tourney's that have been as short as two weeks- and the rounds take place within days of each other. It just depends of the format/setup. Each tourney is different. And yes, my tournaments are more drawn-out. Not purposely- but that is just the nature of it.

Just as in the last tourney, I will announce when its time for tie-breakers and when it's time for a new round to start. I was sure that most understood that round one would take a few months- given the amount of games required.

But I am just confused how some of you really expect that I would have made 70+ games at the same time, and that all games would have ended around the same time. That would have been an impossible workload, and would've required all 9 games to be sent at once. I'm sorry, but this tourney wasn't meant to be run like that, and I actually feel that would have been unrealistic.

At this point, I don't really think it matters what I say. I have explained things the best I can. I respect that you don't feel I've run this tourney well. But from my point of view, I have done everything the way I planned to, and said that I would. Now, if you think that there could have been a better plan or setup- then that is a different point entirely. But this tourney has been run exactly how the rules state that it would have.

If there continues to be bickering, then I think it would be best for a TD to mediate.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby GoranZ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:24 am

VioIet wrote:
mviola wrote:You then only for some reason made and sent invites for 2 games against Hook2's team.

I'm not sure what you are talking about here, because I made three games. One was deleted due to Goranz not accepting his invite.

Are you sure? For your information I was in the game until it was deleted. So you missed to invite someone else, not me ;) And before You accuse someone you should at least double check so you wont accuse wrong.

VioIet wrote:There are no standings posted yet because Round 1 is not yet finished. I can't post standings when there are none.

The moment when 1 game finishes, there are standings, and few games are already finished.

VioIet wrote:Just not a big deal to me and I think I just have a more laid-back approach to it than you do.

How do you know if I have less laid-back approach then you? Are you a mind reader? :lol:

VioIet wrote:I have been in tourneys that have lasted over a year...

When was this? Years ago. Once again if you don't know the current rules read them, if you need help ask for it.

VioIet wrote:If there continues to be bickering, then I think it would be best for a TD to mediate.

sure not a problem... if you continue to run the tourney as you are then this is the best thing but I doubt it will change something.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby VioIet on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:19 pm

VioIet wrote:

GoranZ wrote:Are you sure? For your information I was in the game until it was deleted. So you missed to invite someone else, not me ;) And before You accuse someone you should at least double check so you wont accuse wrong.

That is strange because I just re-sent you the invite last night. Everyone was in the game except you. And I already stated that this was a courtesy, as I normally do not re-invite. I will let the games delete. Also, Mviola stated that I only made and sent invites for two games. I made and sent invites for all three games.

VioIet wrote:There are no standings posted yet because Round 1 is not yet finished. I can't post standings when there are none.

GoranZ wrote:The moment when 1 game finishes, there are standings, and few games are already finished.

This is actually not true in my tourney. One game finishing means absolutely nothing. You don't have standings until all the games have finished in one group. Standings in this tourney means- who advances to the next round, and who doesn't.

VioIet wrote:Just not a big deal to me and I think I just have a more laid-back approach to it than you do.

GoranZ wrote:How do you know if I have less laid-back approach then you? Are you a mind reader? :lol:

I don't have to be a mind- reader. I am basing this thought from how you are responding to me in this thread. You were annoyed that there were no updates (even though I had been actually constantly editing my update post on page 2) in 30 days. You also seemed to be annoyed that Round 1 is going to last for months. None of these things would bother me- which is why I say I have a more laid-back approach. I understand that it is the nature of the tourney.

GoranZ wrote:When was this? Years ago. Once again if you don't know the current rules read them, if you need help ask for it.

It has nothing to do with the current rules. The length of a tourney often depends on the amount of games, amount of players, amount of rounds, etc. For instance- The Winner Stay On tournament that I am in has been on-going for over a year. This has nothing to do with the rules.

VioIet wrote:If there continues to be bickering, then I think it would be best for a TD to mediate.

GoranZ wrote:sure not a problem... if you continue to run the tourney as you are then this is the best thing but I doubt it will change something.

Well, I don't think I've done anything wrong or against the rules; however, you do. I can see us continually going back and forth and not seeing eye-to-eye on things. I also doubt that it will change anything, but it may give you more peace of mind to hear an official opinion.

Private 1st Class VioIet

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:59 pm

Vio-- there is a new(ish) rule on not having a tourney run more than a year. Like the rule about not filling for more than (either one or three, I can't remember) months.

Goran-- stop being a prick. You got your invites resent and have your games.. Yet you still continue to be a dick in the thread? If the mods have a problem with it they'll tell the TO. They have TD's for a reason, you don't have to do their job for them bubb.:roll: dunno who's pissin in your e-cheerios.. But they seem to be doing a hell of a job every morning..
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby TheCrown on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:37 pm

I just find it strange to be in a tourney and I have been playing my 9 games for quite some time and another group had not even started theirs. Seems like every group getting 3 games at the same time to start the tourney would have gotten everyone involved at the same time. Then maybe every 2 weeks send out the next 3 games for everyone, and then 2 weeks later send out the last 3 games for everyone. Then the whole tourney would have been active and moving forward within a month. All results would have come in about the same time. This would have saved about 4 months time in the preliminaries round.

And maybe it's a guy thing, but we like to see standings of how the teams are progressing. Team 1 = 3-1, Team 2 = 2-5, etc.
Last edited by TheCrown on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel TheCrown

Postby GoranZ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:39 pm

VioIet wrote:

VioIet wrote:

GoranZ wrote:Are you sure? For your information I was in the game until it was deleted. So you missed to invite someone else, not me ;) And before You accuse someone you should at least double check so you wont accuse wrong.

That is strange because I just re-sent you the invite last night. Everyone was in the game except you. And I already stated that this was a courtesy, as I normally do not re-invite. I will let the games delete. Also, Mviola stated that I only made and sent invites for two games. I made and sent invites for all three games.

The game that I was re invited into was Game 11724875... I don't see Hook2 in it but if you do you should visit a Doctor, he can help you. For your information more then 1 game was missing, and some games are still missing even now.

VioIet wrote:

GoranZ wrote:The moment when 1 game finishes, there are standings, and few games are already finished.

This is actually not true in my tourney. One game finishing means absolutely nothing. You don't have standings until all the games have finished in one group. Standings in this tourney means- who advances to the next round, and who doesn't.

For all normal world standings mean current standings regardless if the round is finished or not, except for you. But since we are not mind readers you should have written what you mean in the first page.

VioIet wrote:

GoranZ wrote:How do you know if I have less laid-back approach then you? Are you a mind reader? :lol:

I don't have to be a mind- reader. I am basing this thought from how you are responding to me in this thread. You were annoyed that there were no updates (even though I had been actually constantly editing my update post on page 2) in 30 days. You also seemed to be annoyed that Round 1 is going to last for months. None of these things would bother me- which is why I say I have a more laid-back approach. I understand that it is the nature of the tourney.

I quoted when did u edit out your posts... and it was over 1 month between some action from you. Your logic is amazing it works only for you :D

VioIet wrote:

GoranZ wrote:When was this? Years ago. Once again if you don't know the current rules read them, if you need help ask for it.

It has nothing to do with the current rules. The length of a tourney often depends on the amount of games, amount of players, amount of rounds, etc. For instance- The Winner Stay On tournament that I am in has been on-going for over a year. This has nothing to do with the rules.

Actually you not knowing the current rules has a lot with what you are doing wrong in here. Btw the rule is almost 2 years old :D

NoSurvivors wrote:Vio-- there is a new(ish) rule on not having a tourney run more than a year. Like the rule about not filling for more than (either one or three, I can't remember) months.

Goran-- stop being a prick. You got your invites resent and have your games.. Yet you still continue to be a dick in the thread? If the mods have a problem with it they'll tell the TO. They have TD's for a reason, you don't have to do their job for them bubb.:roll: dunno who's pissin in your e-cheerios.. But they seem to be doing a hell of a job every morning..

You still defend you friend even she is wrong... It seems that you are a dick, not me.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby NoSurvivors on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:36 pm

Can't defend my friend.. What, is that against the CC rules too bubb? :lol: if it truely helps you sleep at night, I'm sorry bubb, I am wrong, you're right.. Does that help your e-feelings at all? Is that what you wanted to hear? Good.. Now stop being a jerk and maybe learn to read the format of the tourney when joining tourneys.. Seriously bubb.. Did they not teach you that skill in grade 1?
Colonel NoSurvivors

Re: Violet's Das Schloss Trips Tourney [1/16]

Postby mviola on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:37 pm

NoSurvivors wrote:Can't defend my friend.. What, is that against the CC rules too bubb? :lol: if it truely helps you sleep at night, I'm sorry bubb, I am wrong, you're right.. Does that help your e-feelings at all? Is that what you wanted to hear? Good.. Now stop being a jerk and maybe learn to read the format of the tourney when joining tourneys.. Seriously bubb.. Did they not teach you that skill in grade 1?
chapcrap wrote:chapcrap, GoranZ, and mviola

Look who signed us up less than 5 hours after the tourney was posted. I didn't even know about this tourney until I started getting invites.

Also, I'm pretty sure it says 3 invites every week for 3 weeks, not 9 games starting in the span of a week.

It's ok though, I understand you don't have the intelligence required to follow the situation closely. I'll just foe you because you're an idiot who didn't know when to stop.

TheCrown wrote:I just find it strange to be in a tourney and I have been playing my 9 games for quite some time and another group had not even started theirs. Seems like every group getting 3 games at the same time to start the tourney would have gotten everyone involved at the same time.

Exactly the point I'm trying to make here. It's poor planning and execution on her part.
Major mviola

PreviousNext

Return to Completed 2013