Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby Count Belisle on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:08 am

thehippo8 wrote:
betiko wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:Confirm

unvote vote dommyoshi this is clearly witchcraft.

vote doom for not knowing the difference between the Spirit Elders and wicker

Vote thehippo8 For knowing the difference between the Spirit Elders and wicker,
Sergeant Count Belisle

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:34 am

safariguy5 wrote:I hesitate to say that we're up against an elder god like Yog Sothoth or Azathoth. Balance wise, I'd say we're probably up against some sort of cult or a bunch of random monsters as mafia.

It's possible we have a cult as well given the size and flavor, but I cannot say for sure.

Personally I think this will be lots of fun or completely unbalanced like jaks Halo game was.

I used to love H.P. Lovecraft as a kid. Tons and Tons of monsters to choose from. I would think there would have to be cult/several factions as many of the stories revolved around that... worship of the Old Ones ect.

Lots of possibilities game wise.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:54 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I hesitate to say that we're up against an elder god like Yog Sothoth or Azathoth. Balance wise, I'd say we're probably up against some sort of cult or a bunch of random monsters as mafia.

It's possible we have a cult as well given the size and flavor, but I cannot say for sure.

Personally I think this will be lots of fun or completely unbalanced like jaks Halo game was.

I used to love H.P. Lovecraft as a kid. Tons and Tons of monsters to choose from. I would think there would have to be cult/several factions as many of the stories revolved around that... worship of the Old Ones ect.

Lots of possibilities game wise.

From my Role PM I am absolutely sure that there is Cult in this game. As for the elder god, I'm not sure he's even in this game as a role. But enough seriousness Vote Safari for even bringing it up in the Joke vote phase.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:25 am

vote the guy previous me just because!
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:32 am

vote vodean
YOU KNOW WHY
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:29 am

I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

Vote Jonty for being a Stoke City fan.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:18 pm

jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?
Major betiko

Postby elonpuckhog on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm an American, and I have never heard of H P Lovecroft.
Corporal 1st Class elonpuckhog

Postby Rodion on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:40 pm

betiko wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

glad to see i'm not the only one who had never heard of this author before. are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?

I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.
General Rodion

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:44 pm

betiko wrote:

It's not like he's huge in American culture or anything. But if you have ever read a horror novel or watched a scifi horror movie, then I can almost guarantee that it was in one form or another influenced by Lovecraft's works.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:25 pm

Honestly i Wiki'd him but don't know all that much about him. unvote voterodian because hes not giving his normal headache giving wall of text theories. . . :lol: Two Sides A is about the only archived game that i've skimmed after beginning to read it. :-$
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby betiko on Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:39 pm

ghostly447 wrote:

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it.

unvote vote ghostly because you seem to take seriously a jokevote
Major betiko

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:45 pm

Rodion wrote:
betiko wrote:

I don't know much, but back in the day I was into standard RPGs (D&D, Gurps, Vampire the Masquerade...) there was a not-so-famous-but-pretty-admired one called Call of Cthullu. I got to play it once in an event. You basically play with run-of-the-mill humans and invariably you either die or survive and lose your sanity (so I've been told).

I know this game was based in Lovecraft's work, but I don't know much about it, nor how vast his work is besides Cthullu.

Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

Part of the lore of Lovecraft is the irrelevance of humanity and I remember Call of Cthulla from my college days. If done right It would make a good mafia game.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 2:54 pm

elonpuckhog wrote:I'm an American, and I have never heard of H P Lovecroft.

+1
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby safariguy5 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:02 pm

Since this game is an official game, it has been balance checked by experienced mods. Therefore, I'm pretty sure we won't have balance issues.
Captain safariguy5

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:17 pm

betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

unvote, vote ghostly for a scummy overagressive response.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:15 pm

Confirm
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:21 pm

Alright. As a side point, Doom must have a PR or just really likes screwing with us. On the main note, I think ghostly's reaction was an overreaction as well, but he might have misread it as a serious vote or something like that. Ill think about voting him, but for now just FOS.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:08 pm

betiko wrote:... are we the only 2 non american in this game, therefore the only 2 who have no idea of lovecraft's world?

unvote followed by a pouring of abject scorn and disappointment at Betico for not even caring that I am not from America!! Tsk Tsk

HP Lovecraft wrote:I am disillusioned enough to know that no man's opinion on any subject is worth a damn unless backed up with enough genuine information to make him really know what he's talking about.

Alright, for those of you pretending not to know anything about HP ... may the waters dry up, the skys close in and those nearest you depart in fear. What you lot on about? Hmmm? He's only the most influential horror/fantasy writer to ever walk the earth (some say greater that Poe!). There are some excellent graphic novels out there if you need to bone up, including the likes of this and this. Lovecraft himself was the son of a seer who found the keys to Arkham through an original copy of the Necronomicon. As a boy Lovecraft was read to by his uncle a lot (after his dad went into the looney bin), particularly Poe. But finding the Necronomicon and having the gift, Lovecraft descended into a world of his own and himself found the door to Arkham and through the rituals in the Necronomicon saved the world many times from the infiltration of the old ones. Throughout his life, Lovegrove wrote for a publication called Weird Tales. Some say it was fantasy some say it was enlightened commentary on his exploits in saving the world. He found love and the voices went away and he himself moved to New York (some say that love can cure Schizophrenia). But after two years they came back and he left his wife - returning to write his stories until ultimately he too ended up in the looney bin (as did his mother). All-in-all a tragic tale of woe but the stories he wrote are chilling and moving and inspired a genre. There was no-one quite like him! His stories have influenced many and some say that they are true. There is certainly something about the parrallels that can be drawn between the depth of the mythos and any primitive cultural stories around the world (including the old Maori stories in New Zealand which date back many centuries - indeed they are so old they go to the mists of time). Along the way, Lovecraft developed many creatures, concepts and ideas which if not real - they certainly are gripping!! Enjoy ...

NB: multiple fastposts
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:30 pm

I just realized Edoscil is playing and is an Old One :roll: If we saw him we would probably lose our sanity.

VOTE EDOCSIL
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby jak111 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:35 pm

For now I'm going to Vote Rishaed, all new players to me shall feel my wrath!

Short Day One though, so ^ Shall be my only joke vote.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:04 pm

Sure you wont just quit jak...you know bust school life and all...I heard high school was difficult :roll:
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby ghostly447 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 9:35 pm

betiko wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:

How do you not take it seriously? Sarcasm doesnt transfer over the computer, so the only thing I can assume (not knowing Jonty's play too well) is that he was actually serious and was skimming. Nothing in there says sarcasm except that we are in the joke voting stage.
Cadet ghostly447

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives