iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

The home of third-party tools and utilities that can enhance your Conquer Club experience.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: iPhone/iPod mobile CC app!

Postby ScavengerType on Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Adds!?!?!? WTF?!?!? U havn't made the content any good to begin with. All I'm saying is that if you are gonna ad them U danm well better add some functionality that goes beyond moving the access menues to the site features. Good luck. There is nothing left to change arround in the non-site interface. It's crunch time.

*Edit: also any way u could move the add to the bottom where it would be less physicly disruptive? And get spell check turned on.
Sergeant 1st Class ScavengerType

Medals: 11
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)

Postby chapcrap on Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Hey, I think I might have realized what squishyg was talking about with the back button not working.

Whenever you go from a game into the forums, the buttons are there, but the back button is never functional. In order for it to work, you have to open the forums from the left menu instead of going through the games.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Medals: 167
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby Ballslap on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 am

ScavengerType wrote:Adds!?!?!? WTF?!?!? U havn't made the content any good to begin with. All I'm saying is that if you are gonna ad them U danm well better add some functionality that goes beyond moving the access menues to the site features. Good luck. There is nothing left to change arround in the non-site interface. It's crunch time.

*Edit: also any way u could move the add to the bottom where it would be less physicly disruptive? And get spell check turned on.

If you want to spend days/weeks building an iPhone app without getting any return while also working a full time job be my guest. Don't tell me what I damn well should do or should not do. There's a tiny ad on the screen that is hardly impeding your ability to use the app that I spend countless hours building so you can access cc and your games better. Mate, grow up or stop using my app.
Sergeant 1st Class Ballslap

Medals: 8
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1)

Postby QoH on Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:35 am

Ballslap wrote:
ScavengerType wrote:Adds!?!?!? WTF?!?!? U havn't made the content any good to begin with. All I'm saying is that if you are gonna ad them U danm well better add some functionality that goes beyond moving the access menues to the site features. Good luck. There is nothing left to change arround in the non-site interface. It's crunch time.

If you want to spend days/weeks building an iPhone app without getting any return while also working a full time job be my guest. Don't tell me what I damn well should do or should not do. There's a tiny ad on the screen that is hardly impeding your ability to use the app that I spend countless hours building so you can access cc and your games better. Mate, grow up or stop using my app.

I, as well as many others, though, would happily pay $0.99 or $1.99 for ad free.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Medals: 78
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (9) General Achievement (7) Clan Achievement (10)
Training Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (7)

Postby chapcrap on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:08 pm

QoH wrote:
Ballslap wrote:

I, as well as many others, though, would happily pay $0.99 or $1.99 for ad free.

He might be making more money off of the ads than off of us...

Either way, I would pay for the cause, but the ad isn't that bad. Much better than a lot of games' ads.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (4) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (3)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (31)
General Achievement (16) Clan Achievement (16) Training Achievement (6) Challenge Achievement (1) Tournament Contribution (34)

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:13 pm

I wonder whats the cost per click on those ads.
Of all the apps I have with ads, I may have accidentally clicked a couple times, but never on purpose.
Captain BGtheBrain
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Medals: 96
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (7) General Achievement (5) Clan Achievement (43) Tournament Contribution (4)
General Contribution (4)

Postby squishyg on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:03 pm

The ads don't really bother me. They're pretty normal for gaming apps, I just thought it would have been nice to get a heads up in the app update notes.

And yes, I would pay .99 - 1.99 just on general principal. Gotta support each other!
Thanks again ballslap!!
Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Robinette wrote:
Kaskavel wrote:Seriously. Who is the female conqueror of CC?

Depends on what metric you use...
The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Medals: 42
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (2) Clan Achievement (1) General Contribution (4)

Postby K-Wire on Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:33 am

I have the same issue with the back/fwd buttons; they don't function and are always ghosted. Was this resolved for anyone else?

I'm using iOS 5 on iPhone 4 s.
Cook K-Wire

Postby K-Wire on Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:23 pm

Also, the apps login screen never remembers my username. Can it be set so I don't have to type it every time I log in?
Cook K-Wire

Postby docstretch on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:52 pm

I'm using the iPhone 4S and have had no problems with the ap, however on large maps it can be difficult to coordinate the map and attack buttons. I'd love to see an option for a floating(?) zoom window that can be moved over the map to enlarge a small section rather than having to zoom in the whole page. Also, turn notifications would be appreciated so users wouldn't need to check in several times throughout the day to check their games.

Appreciate it,
docstretch
Private 1st Class docstretch

Medals: 4
Standard Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (1)

Postby Gilligan on Wed Oct 10, 2012 2:58 pm

I just got an iPad, and I love this app! On my phone it's kind of annoying because it's so small (like docstretch said above, used for emergency situations) but on the iPad no scrolling necessary and dropdowns are easy to use.
Major Gilligan
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 190
Monthly Leader Bronze (1) Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (3) Assassin Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (2)
Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2)
Random Map Achievement (3) Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (2) Battle Royale Achievement (3) Bot Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (30) General Achievement (29) Clan Achievement (7) Challenge Achievement (3)

Postby squishyg on Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:48 pm

My drop downs were doing something funky the other day. For example, lets say I was attacking Los Angeles to Chicago. The drop down kept resetting each turn to Anchorage. I had to select Chicago for each roll otherwise I'd attack the wrong tert. It hasn't happened again, so maybe I was just those crazy dice gods.
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)

Postby Army of GOD on Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:22 am

squishyg wrote:Thanks again ballslap!!

so tempted to sig this

anyway the app is great. It's not like the ads are bad enough that I'm going to piss my pants in rage.
CURRENCY CONVERSION: 1 SaxBucks = .02 AoGRubles

To redeem AoGRubles, write on AoG's wall with order.
Menu:
-1 nietzsche dickpic: 1 AoGRuble
-1 AoG dickpic: 100 AoGRubles
-1 "AoG is awesome!" t-shirt: 500 AoGRubles
Cook Army of GOD

Medals: 26
Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (2)
Clan Achievement (2) Tournament Contribution (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby squishyg on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:51 am

Army of GOD wrote:
squishyg wrote:Thanks again ballslap!!

so tempted to sig this

anyway the app is great. It's not like the ads are bad enough that I'm going to piss my pants in rage.

you can sig me anytime muffin.
Robinette wrote:

The coolest is squishyg
Captain squishyg

Postby chapcrap on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:22 am

docstretch wrote:I'm using the iPhone 4S and have had no problems with the ap, however on large maps it can be difficult to coordinate the map and attack buttons. I'd love to see an option for a floating(?) zoom window that can be moved over the map to enlarge a small section rather than having to zoom in the whole page. Also, turn notifications would be appreciated so users wouldn't need to check in several times throughout the day to check their games.

Appreciate it,
docstretch

Great idea.
Major chapcrap
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

PreviousNext

Return to Third-Party Tools & Enhancements