Conquer Club

Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - D2 25/25

Postby DRoZ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:55 pm

jonty125 wrote:SCUM!!
Wikipedia wrote: the Book of Enoch identifies Sariel (Saraqael) as one of the fallen host's "chiefs of tens."
for those of you not quite up to scratch with your Christianity. The fallen host is Satan, who was kicked out of heaven, with a third of the angels, who were his followers and are now called Demons.

But remember the Book of Enoch is not considered canon in the vast majority of circles, and Enoch is the only book that speaks of Sariel as being one of the fallen to my knowledge. Everything else places him as one of the holy, so it could be possible that he is being genuine depending on where the background was lifted from, besides it would be pretty silly to use the same name that places him in the scum group as evidence of his townliness. As an aside, I could see fallen angels being a third party. There is also quite a bit of contention about whether fallen angels are demons or a second group altogether, perhaps the souls of nephilim. But that is all just questions on the background and tends to take away from investigating. All that being said, UNVOTE, VOTE GREG as I think it could clear up quite a bit on the background of the game and his night action is pretty weak. Although I would like to hear who and what was said on night one, might make his lynching a bit less attractive at this point.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby jak111 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:38 pm

I'm going to Unvote, and Vote Gregwolf (with both votes)

Either way I am happy to either catch scum or find out what an "Angel" is sided with. Either will be good for finding out what the game setup is like and what roles we have present. It may also test Edoc's theory and we may have a winner of which sort of book it's following.
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby jak111 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:41 pm

EBWOP Jonty, not Edoc*
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby samgrossy on Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:37 pm

aage wrote:
Wikipedia wrote: the Book of Enoch identifies Sariel (Saraqael) as one of the fallen host's "chiefs of tens."
for those of you not quite up to scratch with your Christianity. The fallen host is Satan, who was kicked out of heaven, with a third of the angels, who were his followers and are now called Demons.

Oh wow. That almost sounds too easy, but I think I'm going to let my vote stay. The lead is good and a mislynch on an angel isn't disastrous, especially since the PR isn't very strong.

Aage... you imply that your vote is on someone other than Greg "... but i think i'm going to let my vote stay." Did you not know that you voted Greg, or are you implying something else or what? Normal I wouldn't question something that looks like a typo, but in my limited experience playing with you, you seem to always know what you are talking about.

Can you just clarify what you meant?
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby DRoZ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 7:49 pm

samgrossy wrote:
aage wrote:

Oh wow. That almost sounds too easy, but I think I'm going to let my vote stay. The lead is good and a mislynch on an angel isn't disastrous, especially since the PR isn't very strong.

Aage... you imply that your vote is on someone other than Greg "... but i think i'm going to let my vote stay." Did you not know that you voted Greg, or are you implying something else or what? Normal I wouldn't question something that looks like a typo, but in my limited experience playing with you, you seem to always know what you are talking about.

Can you just clarify what you meant?

It sounds to me that he is saying he has some doubts because the accusal seems so cut and dry, the implication being that no one should make such an obvious slip. Yet through the doubts his vote remains on greg, justified by the lead and the consequences of being wrong would not be very disastrous since greg's power seems pretty weak.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:44 pm

i didn't talk to any one night one, well it seems im a dead man, or angel,
well guess im the ginnypig, anything for town i guess, well i guess i get to say my last words, first FOS Jonty, it could be you voted on the wikipedia thing, FOS DRoZ, and a strong FOS on Jak
Captain gregwolf121

Postby DRoZ on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:53 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:i didn't talk to any one night one, well it seems im a dead man, or angel,
well guess im the ginnypig, anything for town i guess, well i guess i get to say my last words, first FOS Jonty, it could be you voted on the wikipedia thing, FOS DRoZ, and a strong FOS on Jak
o
Why not? It would have certainly helped you in the predicament you are in now if you had. Ease up on the OMGUS FOS's, I gave a pretty well reasoned statement for my vote, as did Jonty, no reason to get spiteful.
Corporal 1st Class DRoZ

Postby gregwolf121 on Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:58 pm

i didn't visit anyone because night 1 came when my apartment internet was being fixed
Captain gregwolf121

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:55 pm

Well Edoc has used a universal mason role before however the problem here is, you didn't even use it night 1 and even if we were to give you a second chance to use it tonight, we can't guarantee that you are just getting your mafia buddy to vouch for you. I'm willing to vote greg on this one.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:40 am

i have to agree. this doesnt add up. a maybe angel maybe demon who didnt use his supposed action, and was acting scummy? we also really could use the info, so jak, i'll come back to you tomorrow. unvote vote greg. by my count that puts him at L-3
<NoSurvivorsā€ŗ then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Hensow on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:35 am

what happen to the dead line I leaving for the weekend but since I don't expect greg to improve his defense I'm going to leave my vote as is.
Private Hensow

Postby gregwolf121 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:36 am

what was lacking
Captain gregwolf121

Postby jak111 on Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:51 am

vodean wrote:i have to agree. this doesnt add up. a maybe angel maybe demon who didnt use his supposed action, and was acting scummy? we also really could use the info, so jak, i'll come back to you tomorrow. unvote vote greg. by my count that puts him at L-3

Recheck, he is now at L1
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 8:22 am

That's Deadline. Lynch.

I want to make a slight disclaimer before the scene, my background is Roman Catholic. There may be large variances between what I know, and what is taught in say, a Jewish center of learning.

Anyhow, the scene.

Saraqael watched from on high as the world turned beneath him. So far the war was at stand-still, which he supposed was a good thing. He hated for people to die needlessly, and there was no need to rush to hasty conclusions. As he pondered he failed to notice the growing mob behind him. They quickly grew the courage to confront him. Saraqael turned and spread his wings, but he could not dissuade the crowd. They called him a liar, a heretic, demon and rushed him, beating him to a pulp.

Saraqael's blood covering their hands the mob soon realized their error. They had slain an Archangel. With mute fear they waited as night fell, waiting for the terrors of the night to claim them.

Gregwolf ~ Saraqael Archangel ~ Universal Mason has been killed.

It is now N2, 3 days for all actions.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N2 24/25

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:40 am

Blake replaces shaggy.
Edoc'sil

Postby blakebowling on Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:56 pm

Confirm. I'll post my thoughts once I get a chance to read up. It might not be until Monday though.
Private blakebowling

Postby samgrossy on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:05 pm

zzzz... zzzzz... zzzzz...

Postby edocsil on Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:43 pm

.... I am STILL getting/missing night actions. Scene will be at 12:00 tomorrow, regardless of missing actions.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:13 pm

For various reasons a final VC from yesterday was requested.

Jak (5) ~ shaggy, pcm, cm5, Sam, gregwolf
Vodean (1) ~ lsu
Iliad (2) ~ /, Fifth
gregwolf (12) ~ Saf, jonty, soundman, violet, aage, JG, Nag, DRoZ jak, ???, Strike, Vodean

With the evening's death weighing on them the forces of Yahweh hid in fear of the night, and rightly so. Tonight death roamed the earth.

Two killers faced each other one was Uriel, a holy Archangel sworn to burn out the evils corrupting the land. The other was Mammon. Mammon, the devil of corruption and greed hefted a gem crusted spear and hurled it at his advisory. Seeing the spear fly Uriel drew up his hands to burn the spear and Mammon from the face of the earth. Before he could fully raise his hands something lashed out from the dark and bound his hands to his side. With a cry of rage Uriel could do nothing as the spear hurtled in and struck him in the chest. And so another angel fell and darkness advanced. What had the angels gained this night? Was there anything to offset their losses? Anything that would help them find their foes?

Lsu Tiger Josh ~ Uriel Archangel ~ Vigilante has been killed!

Day 3 has begun, there will be 14 days until deadline.
Edoc'sil

Re: Golden Pantheon - Angels and Demons - N2 23/25

Postby jonty125 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:24 pm

Seems vig, targeted mafia and mafia won the coin toss.

Mammon is another term for wealth or greed in the New Testament and is sometimes seen as one of the seven princes of hell in Catholicism.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby aage on Wed Oct 17, 2012 1:03 pm

Actually, when I read it I was reminded of Constantine, in which Mammon was the son of the devil but not on his team. It would certainly be interesting if there were to be two mafia teams. The scene clearly mentions greed and corruption though, so I'll ignore it for now.
It also seems that there was some kind of block used on Lsu.

I also hope we have a large supply of Arch angels because at this rate we'll be running low quite quickly.

First things first. Iliad, your vote please?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby jak111 on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:11 pm

Whelp.. my vote steal was a fail :/ targeted a person who is in the official game not here XDDD (I wouldn't mind cross gaming and taking his vote ;o)

From the scene there are TWO possibilities.

1.) LSU was roleblocked as they targeted each other, so if it was a town role blocker SHAME ON YOU.. lol.
2.) His vig action works like Epic Mafia and since he was killed the scene was a filler of it not getting through, although there is no promise he targeted the guy who shot him (Could be just a filler) but if a tracker/watcher has LSU going somewhere or visiting someone it might be worth a check in on that person.

Although, if anyone is good at reading who he had suspicion on from yesterday, it may be good to check down that path since that may be the person he tried shooting.

1 kill... a single kill.. I think this either confirms we have good protection roles or there is no SK in the game. Which would mean that we need to definitely be thinking about a cult.. especially with a "darkness growing"
Highest Rank:

Private 1st Class jak111

Postby blakebowling on Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:28 pm

If the scene is more accurate than just flavor, it appears that a third party "bound his hands to his side", so that would indicate that he not only got killed, but was also roleblocked (I would assume if it's two seperate people that they are not aligned with each other).
Private blakebowling

Postby chapcrap on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Trying to think whether or not I want to share information that I have. It may be better to wait.

Tell me, what does everyone consider good odds for us to kill people? If we have two people and 1 is for sure town and one is anti-town, would agreeing to kill both be agreeable? I think it should be. What about if it's 3 people and 1 is anti-town and 2 are town? What percentages would you think are worth it?
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby samgrossy on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:47 pm

First, I think the scene is pretty clear cut that LSU was roleblocked and that is it. Whether it was town or scum, I don't think we can easily jump to the conclusion that Jak makes to say "shame on you" if a town roleblocker blocked LSU. We just don't have enought information to know who is what role and my guess is that someone (even if it was mafia) may have blindly picked LSU to roleblock, not knowing what he would flip.

That said, we need to start somewhere. So does anyone have any night actions that the want to share that may help us determine scum? We just don't have a ton of info yet and its way easier to develop a case if we can lynch a scum so we can look at voting patterns and deflections.

Also, I can't support Jaks claim that the advnacing darkness means cult. I think it just means that mafia has made another kill and is cloer to achievign thier win condition. It has nothing to do with cult. I am not saying that there isn't a cult, but this doesn't say there is a cult.

Lastly, I think I am going to ease off my case on Jak. Its obvious that the town didn't necessarily support my case on him, so I am going to go back and re-read and try to see who is scummy. And see if another case comes. But, mark my words, if there is not another convincing case, presented within 4 to 5 days of deadline, I will jump back on my Jak case to try and get a lynch. I just believe he is scummy.

FP'd by chap.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives