Conquer Club

Comics

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Comics

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Oct 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Lol, why do you care so much about other people's beliefs? Were you picked on as a child or something? There's no logical explanation for putting so much energy into something that has zero to do with you personally so the reason has to be psychological.

first of all, your constant attempts at trolling me are quite flattering. Nice to know I touched your heart so deeply. :D

However, no matter how much you knock on the window and ask me out to play, I don't feel like taking part in trolling games right now. So, I'm afraid you'll have to post that as a comic if you want a reply in this thread.
Otherwise feel free to start a new thread or post in one of the religion ones where I will happily destroy the notions that
a. posting comics means I care a lot about other people's beliefs
b. religion doesn't affect me personally

Also, new subnormality (yeah, it's huge)

Click image to enlarge.

Edit: Oh, and if you do pursue this debating point, drop me a link. I don't spend as much time on this forum as I used to so I might well miss it.
Highest score: 3063; Highest position: 67;
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:05 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
first of all, your constant attempts at trolling me are quite flattering. Nice to know I touched your heart so deeply. :D

a. posting comics means I care a lot about other people's beliefs
b. religion doesn't affect me personally

First of all, you started trolling me first so there goes your theory. Tbh, I figure if some jackass starts trolling me I now have a reason to point out all the stuff that I otherwise would have kept to myself due to politeness. I should thank you really because in a sense you have liberated me. Btw, If religion doesn't affect you why would you post jokes about it? A little bit of a contradiction to say the least.

saxitoxin wrote: Has anyone else encountered a player with obvious anger management issues or personal life concerns that spill over into the game?

Well I'm glad you brought that up saxitoxin...
Last edited by Funkyterrance on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:18 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:First of all, you started trolling me first so there goes your theory.

I don't pose the following question lightly, as the last time I asked you to clarify your point it seemed to have brought you to the brink of a mental breakdown, but still, I have to inquire.

Exactly what theory is that?

Funkyterrance wrote:Tbh, I figure if some jackass starts trolling me I now have a reason to point out all the stuff that I otherwise would have kept to myself due to politeness. I should thank you really because in a sense you have liberated me. Btw, If religion doesn't affect you why would you post jokes about it? A little bit of a contradiction to say the least.

Ah this time you don't deny that you're attempting to troll me. Good, this is progress!

Now, I understand it may be hard to fully grasp my points while frothing at the mouth over some perceived offense I've inflicted upon you, but please do try your best. Upon a second (third, fourth etc) reading you might notice that you've completely misunderstood what I wrote.

Funkyterrance wrote:
saxitoxin wrote: Has anyone else encountered a player with obvious anger management issues or personal life concerns that spill over into the game?

Well I'm glad you brought that up saxitoxin...

Indeed, your constant unsuccessful attempts to both troll me and derail any threads I'm taking part in are slightly worrying. I'm glad you are now acknowledging that this behavior is caused by pre-existing issues. I'm sure saxi would agree that admitting to having a problem is the first step towards finding a resolution.

Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get through whatever rough patches you may be experiencing in your personal life. I'd love to help.
Winner of {World War II tournament, -team 2010 Skilled Diversity, [FuN||Chewy]-[XII] USA};
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Oct 12, 2012 9:43 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:I don't pose the following question lightly, as the last time I asked you to clarify your point it seemed to have brought you to the brink of a mental breakdown...

I sure would like to see some evidence of this "mental breakdown" of which you speak...

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Ah this time you don't deny that you're attempting to troll me. Good, this is progress!

Well once someone trolls me out of the blue I tend to consider it all fair game.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Now, I understand it may be hard to fully grasp my points while frothing at the mouth over some perceived offense I've inflicted upon you, but please do try your best. Upon a second (third, fourth etc) reading you might notice that you've completely misunderstood what I wrote.

Not perceived, no. Also, a patronizing tone is no substitute for reason.
I'm not sure how your initial decision to troll me originated but it appeared to be an attempt to either do so on behalf of someone else who you felt compelled to defend or an attempt to impress and gain some head patting from your peers here on CC. Maybe you can clarify the origins of this behavior?
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Funkyterrance on Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:04 pm

Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:24 pm

I'm tired of this game. I don't have the stamina of the professional trolls it seems, so I'll try to keep this short.

Funkyterrance wrote:I sure would like to see some evidence of this "mental breakdown" of which you speak...

How about the fact that you think I trolled you in a thread what? a week ago? And you're still following me around the forums throwing random insults my way, hoping something will stick.

Funkyterrance wrote:Well once someone trolls me out of the blue I tend to consider it all fair game.

The fact that you haven't gotten anything vaguely resembling an emotional reaction out of me isn't dettering you I see.
It's more like you're trolling yourself at this point. You seem to be the only one who gives a shit about this interaction at this point.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Not perceived, no. Also, a patronizing tone is no substitute for reason.
I'm not sure how your initial decision to troll me originated but it appeared to be an attempt to either do so on behalf of someone else who you felt compelled to defend or an attempt to impress and gain some head patting from your peers here on CC. Maybe you can clarify the origins of this behavior?

There wasn't an initial decision to troll you. Look at my initial post in the convo, it was serious. Your reply was along the lines of "read the previous 5 pages cause I can't be bothered to clarify my point". I obviously responded facetiously to this. If you can't be bothered to clarify your point in 2 sentences why the f*ck should I care enough to read 50 replies. My response was pretty standard stuff, you see replies like that pretty often.
Now instead of brushing this off or giving a similar joking reply and moving on you seemed to take it personally and start calling me names, to which I obviously continued to respond facetiously. Next thing I know you have some kind of personal vendetta against me as if I have soiled your family's honour for the next 3 generations.

Anyway here's the final points.
1. You cannot troll me. Especially now that I know you want to troll me. Call me whatever the f*ck you want, I don't give a shit, it won't work and I'll be ignoring such replies from you from now on (unless I feel like having some fun again, I guess )
2. Grow some thicker skin. Is this your first week on the internet or something? If that's all it took to get to you, you better pray really hard that none of the actually good trolls decide to pick on you. f*ck, I dunno what you would have done if you were here in the days of Flame Wars.

Damn, that was longer than I hoped. Anyway, if you want to debate something, cool I'll debate stuff with anyone. If however you just want to continue playing this little game, adios, I'm done.

Edit:
Oh, and:

I think natty would have liked this one. Where the hell is that guy anyway? He was supposed to keep this thread alive in my absence. Lazy finnish bastard.
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Army of GOD on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:27 pm

I think he's trying to decide if he should go back to the underscore or not.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:45 pm

You know, you can actually buy Klein bottles, not to mention fashionable Klein hats: http://www.kleinbottle.com/
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Funkyterrance on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:19 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:
The fact that you haven't gotten anything vaguely resembling an emotional reaction out of me isn't dettering you I see.

I would say that the post where this quote was taken from was somewhat emotional in nature.

Haggis_McMutton wrote:There wasn't an initial decision to troll you.

Now all of the other stuff you wrote may or may not be true but the above quote I really object to. Your first responses to any of my posts on these forums were failed attempts to try and smear my credibility in which I had to step aside from the conversation and prove to you the errors in your hasty replies. Now I can only wonder why you would be so much in a rush to point out mistakes that didn't exist? Either you had some preexisting problem with me personally or you were trying to impress someone. If I do have a personal vendetta against you its more than warranted.

Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Gillipig on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:13 am

S I L E N C E !!!!!!!!
AoG for President of the World!!
I promise he will put George W. Bush to shame!
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:08 am

There's not nearly enough PBF comics in this thread.

Click image to enlarge.
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:53 am

Gillipig wrote:S I L E N C E !!!!!!!!

...is golden.
Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:51 pm

8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:40 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Image

This could apply to someone who has a really really hard time considering the fact that their opponent may have a valid point. Getting holes punched in their argument makes a lot of people sad, especially if they are quite comfortable they are right about something. If one attaches their ego to their argument they are at a severe disadvantage in that they cling to their stance without budging, past the point of reasonable doubt.

Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:13 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:Image

Yea, the most common argument against subjective morality is "life would suck".
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:25 pm

Dedicated to BBS.

Click image to enlarge.
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Funkyterrance on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:20 pm

Dedicated to Haggis:

Colonel Funkyterrance

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:24 pm

Funkyterrance wrote:Dedicated to Haggis:

I shall analyze the symbolism hidden in this message for many nights.

Here's a SMBC that could easily be mistaken for a PBF

8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby nietzsche on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:29 pm

Haggis_McMutton wrote:There's not nearly enough PBF comics in this thread.

Click image to enlarge.

I don't get this one :oops:
el cartoncito mas triste del mundo
General nietzsche

Postby Gillipig on Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:42 am

nietzsche wrote:

Click image to enlarge.

Why am I not surprised ;)
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:31 am

Click image to enlarge.
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby 2dimes on Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:25 am

Gillipig wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Click image to enlarge.

He decided to go out in a specular way but then the news ended up being overshadowed by another story.
Corporal 2dimes

Postby Gillipig on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:37 am

2dimes wrote:
Gillipig wrote:
nietzsche wrote:

Click image to enlarge.

He decided to go out in a specular way but then the news ended up being overshadowed by another story.

To me it meant something like this; An idiot goes and kills himself, and nobody really cares or realize what his true intention was.
I don't think the comic ever hinted that he wanted to kill himself, he just wanted to fly lol.
Lieutenant Gillipig

Postby Haggis_McMutton on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:40 am

^
And that's one of the many reasons PBF comics are awesome.
4 pictures and it's still up for interpretation.
8-3-7
Major Haggis_McMutton

Postby Gillipig on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 am

Haggis_McMutton wrote:^
And that's one of the many reasons PBF comics are awesome.
4 pictures and it's still up for interpretation.

I agree. Always more fun when there's room for interpretation. Most comics are either too predictable or guided. In this one the author just draws up a scenario and the outcome, what lesson should be learned, is up to the reader.
Lieutenant Gillipig

PreviousNext

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,