Conquer Club

probs with bob

Archival storage to keep things organized and uncluttered. Can't find what you need? Search for old topics here.

Moderator: Tech Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

probs with bob

Postby mybad on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:57 am

just installed BOB with no probs on the new PC, but can't get it running on gf's snow leopard lappy. she has 5.1.5 on there already, and can't get it to update to 5.2.3. when we click install, we just get the source code.

we've tried removing the original. we put a fresh install of greasemonkey on it to begin with, which is enabled.

source code says go to tools>new scripts and accept default, but there is no default, it just invites me to write a new script.

I'm sure this is not a new problem and apologize for not being able to find it mentioned in the forums.
Private mybad

Re: probs with bob

Postby sherkaner on Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:04 am

hmm, if it shows source code when checking the link, greasemonkey is off or somehow doesn't notice the extension. Greasemonkey being off is the most likely actually.
Colonel sherkaner

Postby mybad on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:16 am

I installed speed turns, so greasemonkey works, but still getting code when I click the link for Bob. upgraded firefox, reinstalled greasemonkey, no luck. this sucks. no errors, either.
Private mybad

Postby sherkaner on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:42 pm

with this link? userscripts.org/scripts/source/52341.user.js

Strange
Colonel sherkaner

Postby mybad on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:08 am

I right clicked the link you gave and selected "view user script source code" and the same page came up, but this time greasemonkey dropped down and gave me the option to install it. it looks like it's installed, I just need to figure out why it won't show on the CC game page now. thanks for helping. I'm getting somewhere.
Private mybad

Postby mybad on Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:26 am

still cant get BOB UI to show on the left of her browser. any helpful links or suggestions would be appreciated. completely fresh install (several times. no updates available for any add-on and greasemonkey works fine. the problem seems to be between Mac OSX Snow Leopard (macbook) and BOB. everything in between works fine. speed turns, etc.
Private mybad

Postby mybad on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:39 pm

resolved, but had to switch her to chrome.
Private mybad

Return to Tool Archives