Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby / on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Vote Count:

spiesr (1) vodean
ghostly447 (1) - jonty125
vodean (1) - lord voldemort
rishaed (1) - crazymilkshake5
edocsil (1) - Iron Butterfly
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Commander9 (1) - Rodion
DoomYoshi (2) - jak111, Nendreel
Victor Sullivan (7) - betiko, DoomYoshi, thehippo8, safariguy5, edocsil, elonpuckhog, soundman,
Vodean (1) spiesr
No Lynch (2) rishaed, LSU Tiger Josh

12 to lynch

Victor will be replaced upon deadline if he is not killed.

@ Betiko, as long as you inform me ahead of time, and it's not close enough to endgame that one missing vote is a big deal, 10 days off is alright.

To anyone who will be missing during a night, they may send me an action ahead of time if applicable, or ask me to let random.org handle it.

@Count Belisle, this goes for you too, sorry to hear you're sick. if you are certain you would like to be replaced, I will replace you at deadline, if you would like to stay on, that's fine too.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:30 pm

@ COMMANDER - Yes, modkills are an underused resource and the last bastion if there is no-one to replace. I see / has now confirmed he is looking to replace if we choose not to lynch. All very sensible. Hard to do given its already a large game - who else is out there? Hopefully someone like newguy1 (who I saw reading this thread a while back) may be interested? Hint hint!
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:34 pm

actually ghostly, i wasn't sarcastic there, i think what i said is true vts/humans will decide the game. to what extent i don't know, but this game is really different, i'm really looking forward for night scene and understand better the mechanics of this.

what about pressuring count for a claim before he vanishes completely? maybe that would help...

fastposted.

ok thanks /, how long will be the days after day 1? i assume they will be longer than a week? normally they are at least 2 weeks so hopefully i will be just absent in the middle of a given day.
other thing: what do you mean about sully, you got his replacement ready? would change everything concerning my vote...
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:35 pm

thehippo8 wrote:@ COMMANDER - Yes, modkills are an underused resource and the last bastion if there is no-one to replace. I see / has now confirmed he is looking to replace if we choose not to lynch. All very sensible. Hard to do given its already a large game - who else is out there? Hopefully someone like newguy1 (who I saw reading this thread a while back) may be interested? Hint hint!

or sempai who is reading just now!
Major betiko

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:40 pm

betiko wrote:actually ghostly, i wasn't sarcastic there, i think what i said is true vts/humans will decide the game. to what extent i don't know, but this game is really different, i'm really looking forward for night scene and understand better the mechanics of this.

what about pressuring count for a claim before he vanishes completely? maybe that would help...

fastposted.

ok thanks /, how long will be the days after day 1? i assume they will be longer than a week? normally they are at least 2 weeks so hopefully i will be just absent in the middle of a given day.
other thing: what do you mean about sully, you got his replacement ready? would change everything concerning my vote...

So then, that brings up my question to you. How in God's name is a VT (even as somewhat a PR in its own this game) more important than a PR? I can understand where you are coming from in the respect that they may be some of the deciding factors, but PR's are far more important night wise in catching scum, killing scum, and protecting fellow town. I dont see how a simple boosted VT beats out PR's.

With this said however, I dont feel its anything major against you Betiko. With that, I Unvote if I had a vote on someone (I think I did) and I will reserve my vote. I dont like killing inactives that do not have a chance to speak, and I do not think Doom is worth lynching today (though I think something should be done tomorrow regarding possible lynching of him should it seem like the right thing to do).
Cadet ghostly447

Postby / on Mon Oct 15, 2012 7:50 pm

betiko wrote:

Default deadline is always 7 days, 3 for nights, extensions available upon request.
strike wolf is currently my only reserve, if Sully survives, I will ask Strike if he wants the role, if not, I'll ask if he can replace Count Belisle (should he still want to be replaced.) if I need more I'll hit up the replacement thread.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:07 pm

Victor, CMS, and Pancake are all in there for inactivity and mostly because they could have dropped by by now. These are only inactive cases and shall only be taken on if we have no good case by tomorrow night (night before deadline)

Meh. D1 bullshit is D1 bullshit. That, and I've got other things on my plate.

Don't think Doom is a jester, but if there were a mod who'd do it, it'd be /.

Ghostly vs. Jak? This oughtta be good.

The big problem with Doom is that IF he's a VT, he's not playing it right.

Dunno if that's for any of us to say. There's probably more to it than it appears (although whether or not that's still a VT by definition is a matter of opinion, I guess).
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:08 pm

pancakemix wrote:
Victor, CMS, and Pancake are all in there for inactivity and mostly because they could have dropped by by now. These are only inactive cases and shall only be taken on if we have no good case by tomorrow night (night before deadline)

Meh. D1 bullshit is D1 bullshit. That, and I've got other things on my plate.

Don't think Doom is a jester, but if there were a mod who'd do it, it'd be /.

Ghostly vs. Jak? This oughtta be good.

The big problem with Doom is that IF he's a VT, he's not playing it right.

Dunno if that's for any of us to say. There's probably more to it than it appears (although whether or not that's still a VT by definition is a matter of opinion, I guess).

Me vs Jak? Where?
Cadet ghostly447

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 pm

thehippo8 wrote:
edocsil wrote:
betiko wrote:by the way guys (off topic) i will be absent from the 25th till the 5th cause i'll be in vacation in brazil... i wish to continue in this game, but tell me if a 10 day absence will be a big deal..

That's a whole game day...

rishaed wrote:
edocsil wrote:Jesus. I hate stupid people.

Anyhow, come back once you all remove head from ass. Next person who suggests Jester aught to get vigged.

I am assuming that was posted towards me. . . I got FP'd quite a bit and hadn't realized about the unlynchable role. I mean its only my second game. (counting batman). Anyhow I really don't know what else to get out of your post so i'll leave it.
FP'd

It was directed at anyone suggesting jesters. It's stupid, unproductive, and a waste of time. Straight jesters don't actually exist. Not in the "get lynched and everyone else loses" variety. I have never seen one here over 2 years outside of a Real Time game. It's so infrequent that I am of the honest opinion that even mentioning them is intentional derailing for a thread/conversation/argument.

What happened to you along the way Edoc to turn you into this grissly monster? In your very first post ever, relating to your first attempt to make a map, you said "don't judge the graphics this is just a method of putting my thoughts together". I, for one, would love to see a return of that nice guy!

I was a 15 year old kid. Now I am a bitter alcoholic in college. Don't attack my character, it leads no credence to your arguments. Yes, I am a dick. If you have an issue with it, prove me wrong. I'll shut up /admit I am wrong when it happens, and it does happen. How about instead of looking at my early posts (you ignored the ones where I was a asshole in the religion bashing threads in offtopics btw, to this day I am still embarrassed of that) you go look to see the last time someone besides Fircoal used a Jester, and go look for when people assuming jesters almost cost the Town the game (CYOC and others)
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:37 pm

@Edoc - you are right - what goes in mafia stays in mafia and RL doesn't cross over - I always forget about the ability to "be a personality" in here which doesn't have any bearing on RL - my bad - hand slapped - won't happen again!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby new guy1 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:42 pm

Alright, finally read up, hippo you found me reading the past 4 pages ;). I have been reading throughout the day as I have kept getting sidetracked, and my take on sully is that of ghostly's. I know sully is innactive, but I would rather lynch a potential threat to town who has been scummy rather then lynch an innactive who can be replaced, or at worst modkilled. As far as doomyoshi, he usually follows flavor quite well (if my memory doesnt fail me), and so I would just say it is doom being doom in a way. As far as him being a jester, I would say its a longshot as this is an official game and it would kinda suck if we had a jester win it, though I am not familiar Lovecraft so I dont know of any role that would match up with a jester, so it may be possible.
I cant remember any other arguements that have gone on besides ghostly's sarcasm to serious post, but I believe I already gave my take on it... In case I havent, my take on it was that it can transfer badly over the computer and at first glance I thought it could be a serious post too, although after I read it a couple more times I saw the sarcasm in it and disregaurded it.
As for ghostly's defense in saying he generally takes things seriously, I would say that is pretty close to his persona, knowing him in real life anyways (Zing!), and on the game in all seriousness. Thats about all I can think of. If I had to pick a person to lynch off of scummy behavior, I would say either doom or ghostly... Actually I got another thought just now. In speed games I played, I had a role that if nobody was lynched day 1, it was a win for the person with the role, so that may be why he is acting strange... though I believe his claim of human as it is a completly possible role.

fastposted- I agree with edoc's thoughts and hippo's appoligy and such.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby vodean on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:16 pm

ghostly447 wrote:
betiko wrote:actually ghostly, i wasn't sarcastic there, i think what i said is true vts/humans will decide the game. to what extent i don't know, but this game is really different, i'm really looking forward for night scene and understand better the mechanics of this.

fastposted.

So then, that brings up my question to you. How in God's name is a VT (even as somewhat a PR in its own this game) more important than a PR? I can understand where you are coming from in the respect that they may be some of the deciding factors, but PR's are far more important night wise in catching scum, killing scum, and protecting fellow town. I dont see how a simple boosted VT beats out PR's.

With this said however, I dont feel its anything major against you Betiko. With that, I Unvote if I had a vote on someone (I think I did) and I will reserve my vote. I dont like killing inactives that do not have a chance to speak, and I do not think Doom is worth lynching today (though I think something should be done tomorrow regarding possible lynching of him should it seem like the right thing to do).

two clarifications i want to make: PR is a dual term. it means post restriction AND Power Role... lets keep it straight.

doom wants to be lynched really hard. that means we CANNOT lynch him without more info.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby pancakemix on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:18 pm

ghostly447 wrote:Me vs Jak? Where?

ghostly447 wrote:One more thing.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. - If anyone knows about lovecraft that is obvious (I did not mean in it sarcasm, but I am trying to make a point)
I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it. - Entire post can be taken as more of a joke than serious DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

So what is the difference between his sarcasm and my seriousness? Above are a few things in MY response that could be taken as a JOKE VOTE, but werent. mmmk then. So the only difference was:

Apparently all but myself could tell his post was sarcasm, and though mine could have been interpreted as strong sarcasm with a lick of bitterness/seriousness, it wasnt. Just a perfect example of how we all have different perspectives, and though I did not mean it in a sarcastic way, it could have, with a little bit of analysis, been seen as possible sarcasm.

Anymore talk about it, I will be more than happy to try to explain it. But beware, after several paragraphs of doing so already, I may HAVE TO USE SARCASM to entertain myself.

It seemed as though that was a response to jak's post about you. Am I mistaken? Because nothing from the context seems to suggest otherwise.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

Postby ghostly447 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:23 pm

pancakemix wrote:
ghostly447 wrote:Me vs Jak? Where?

ghostly447 wrote:One more thing.

ghostly447 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I have never heard of Lovecraft but anyhow the town is Arkham, lord voldemort is hosting the Batman game which is held in Arkham, therefore he has knowledge. He hasn't given us that knowledge on the first post of the day so vote lord voldemort for withholding.

Vote Jonty Because obviously we are talking scifi. - If anyone knows about lovecraft that is obvious (I did not mean in it sarcasm, but I am trying to make a point)
I havent even read/seen anything about lovecraft before and it is quite apparent after 3-4 pages of talk about it. This seems to be a pathetic attempt at throwing out a vote and hoping someone will take the bait and go too far with it. - Entire post can be taken as more of a joke than serious DEPENDING ON HOW YOU LOOK AT IT.

So what is the difference between his sarcasm and my seriousness? Above are a few things in MY response that could be taken as a JOKE VOTE, but werent. mmmk then. So the only difference was:

Apparently all but myself could tell his post was sarcasm, and though mine could have been interpreted as strong sarcasm with a lick of bitterness/seriousness, it wasnt. Just a perfect example of how we all have different perspectives, and though I did not mean it in a sarcastic way, it could have, with a little bit of analysis, been seen as possible sarcasm.

Anymore talk about it, I will be more than happy to try to explain it. But beware, after several paragraphs of doing so already, I may HAVE TO USE SARCASM to entertain myself.

It seemed as though that was a response to jak's post about you. Am I mistaken? Because nothing from the context seems to suggest otherwise.

You are mistaken. It was addressed to everybody that keeps thinking I'm scummy because I didnt understand the sarcasm in the beginning of the game, and (God forbid) 2-4 pages into joke voting I wanted to get on with the game, and it seemed like a decent trail had it not been sarcastic. I was just proving that with some analysis, my post could have even been taken as moderately sarcastic, but wasnt.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby Kanin Usagi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:28 pm

I very much doubt that Sully will get the necessary votes for a definite lynch (he needs five more). So I have a question for the group of people who are hoping for a Day 1 Sully lynch:
Are you willing to take a 50% chance on lynching one inactive (who may or may not have an important role)? I am not willing to waste a vote on an inactive (who can be replaced) when an early mislynch could be the cause of a late game LYLO. He hasn't even confirmed; at LEAST put pressure on the people who have only confirmed or posted once or twice of no real subject, if you aren't going to pressure some of the questionable other players here. Its odd for a Day 1 to have such walls of text, so it makes me think that some players are just hiding out and waiting for night.

Fast posted by Vodean, ghostly, and pancakemix.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:42 pm

Confirm; I'll be reading up here in a few days.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby spiesr on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:45 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:Confirm; I'll be reading up here in a few days.

-Sully
It lives!
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:52 pm

my vote stays, claim penalty for sully!!!!!!!!!
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:54 pm

To the people who think I am trying hard to get myself killed:
(this includes jak, spiesr, Kanin, new guy, Elon, needreel and etc.)

Name one scummy thing I have done.

Nobody has a case on me.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:55 am

-Sully

Fantastic to see you Sully ... and as a welcome back present unvote vote Sully!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby soundman on Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:22 am

/ wrote:Vote Count:

spiesr (1) vodean
ghostly447 (1) - jonty125
Commander9 (1) - Rodion
Victor Sullivan (7) - betiko, DoomYoshi, thehippo8, safariguy5, edocsil, elonpuckhog, soundman,
Vodean (1) spiesr

12 to lynch

My vote is on Ghostly, not Sully.
Lieutenant soundman

Postby / on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 am

sorry about that

Vote Count:

spiesr (1) vodean
ghostly447 (2) - jonty125, soundman
Commander9 (1) - Rodion
Victor Sullivan (6) - betiko, DoomYoshi, thehippo8, safariguy5, edocsil, elonpuckhog,
Vodean (1) spiesr

12 to lynch, deadline in just over a day.
Last edited by / on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby thehippo8 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:07 am

thehippo8 wrote:

-Sully

Incidentally, the reason why I emphasised my vote here is that if Sully has come back at such a crucial time we can only but assume he was there the whole time and was just "monitoring" the thread. Scummarining is unacceptable at the best of times but so utterly unhelpful early in the game. This only adds to my view that Sully needs to at the very least give us something useful here - or preferably claim. Not sure why Sully has (looking thte Meta here) frequently walked into that early in games but that seems to be his style. Don't look at me, don't look at me, don't look at me ... oh you're looking at me ... dang it all ... claim. Oh well, here we go again!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby rishaed on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:13 am

thehippo8 wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

-Sully

Incidentally, the reason why I emphasised my vote here is that if Sully has come back at such a crucial time we can only but assume he was there the whole time and was just "monitoring" the thread. Scummarining is unacceptable at the best of times but so utterly unhelpful early in the game. This only adds to my view that Sully needs to at the very least give us something useful here - or preferably claim. Not sure why Sully has (looking thte Meta here) frequently walked into that early in games but that seems to be his style. Don't look at me, don't look at me, don't look at me ... oh you're looking at me ... dang it all ... claim. Oh well, here we go again!

Do we really want to lynch him? I mean he's already got a 50% chance of being lynched or do we want to have him replaced/ if he doesn't come back/ resumes inactivity? If ppl don't want a lynch or a chance of a lynch ppl need to vote NO LYNCH! Or else someone (even with one vote if no one else is voting) is going to get lynched.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby pancakemix on Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:26 am

You are mistaken. It was addressed to everybody that keeps thinking I'm scummy because I didnt understand the sarcasm in the beginning of the game, and (God forbid) 2-4 pages into joke voting I wanted to get on with the game, and it seemed like a decent trail had it not been sarcastic. I was just proving that with some analysis, my post could have even been taken as moderately sarcastic, but wasnt.

Well, that was the specific post jak used to point out how he thought you were scummy. I suppose if you didn't point it directly at jak, there's no point arguing semantics.

Then again, jak has yet to respond to your rebuttal. There may be fireworks yet.

thehippo8 wrote:
thehippo8 wrote:

-Sully

I was fairly certain there was concrete evidence that Sully hadn't logged in in 1-2 weeks. That argument doesn't hold, unless I'm misinformed.

You are correct, though. "Reading up in a few days" is worth nothing with under 24hrs. Dunno if I want to ask for an extension for his sake or let the fates decide.
Epic Win

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives