Conquer Club

Invade or Repel [19/10]

Have an idea for a map? Discuss ideas and concepts here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Invade or Repel [19/10]

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:55 am

Map Name:Invade or Repel (for now)
Mapmaker(s):koontz1973
Number of Territories:28
Special Features: none
What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made:That is no up to me.

Take the role of Kings fleet or native.
The island must be conquered or protected.
And let slip the DOGS OF WAR.

Map Image:
Click image to enlarge.

show: Game play notes.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: Invade or Repel [15/10]

Postby tkr4lf on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:31 pm

This one seems pretty generic. When I first saw the title, I was expecting something similar to DiM's Clash of King's. Will this be a 1v1 map? Somebody should make one of those, since they are allowed now, yes?

Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, and seems like it could be fun, but going from the Zombie/Lab map to this one, just seems odd. Personally, I would much rather see you continue work on that map than to start on this one. Like I said, it just seems way to generic and not very in depth, the way the zombie map is. Sorry if this sounds harsh, just giving my honest opinion.
Major tkr4lf

Re: Invade or Repel [15/10]

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:40 am

tkr4lf wrote:This one seems pretty generic.

I do not do generic maps. Never have, never will. ;)
When I first saw the title, I was expecting something similar to DiM's Clash of King's. Will this be a 1v1 map? Somebody should make one of those, since they are allowed now, yes?

That is up to the boss, not asked for it and do not really want this to be 1v1 as yet.
Don't get me wrong, it looks nice, and seems like it could be fun, but going from the Zombie/Lab map to this one, just seems odd. Personally, I would much rather see you continue work on that map than to start on this one. Like I said, it just seems way to generic and not very in depth, the way the zombie map is. Sorry if this sounds harsh, just giving my honest opinion.

Do not worry, the Escape map is being worked on, but creatively it was at a dead end. Remember, it started life as the West Wing over a year ago. That will take a lot of time to get right. I was just at an impasse. It will be back but till then, I need to keep going. So many ideas, so little time.

OK, time for the new map then. Larger, more complex and graphically a tad better. This is still in the concept stage and my thinking is that this will become a lot more complicated. Need to add bombardments between the fleets, shore to sea and other things.
Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Re: Invade or Repel [19/10]

Postby tkr4lf on Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:33 am

Right on, I'm liking it more now. It's just that first draft you posted seemed like basic gameplay on a basic, small map. It reminded me too much of Luxembourg.

Now, it's got some life into it. More ships, more complexity...I'm liking it.

Keep up the work. I'll check in periodically to see how progress is coming along. Once you have some more added to the map, I can give more feedback.
Major tkr4lf

Re: Invade or Repel [19/10]

Postby nolefan5311 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:48 pm

Moved to Map Ideas at the request of the mapmaker.
Captain nolefan5311

Return to Melting Pot: Map Ideas