Conquer Club

Another mafia game Town and Lyncher win!!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby willis on Tue May 01, 2007 6:43 pm

I guess it was pretty cool......
but still....
FUCKING A!!!
Sergeant 1st Class willis

Postby Aimless on Tue May 01, 2007 7:20 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Or spin look back at the rest of the game and see whom Aimless was targeting (the day cop as well as a "later" mafia scum. He has claimed to be a forensics investigator as well as a lyncher. He changes his role more often than Britney Spears changes her underwear(she doesn't seem to wear any). Why would he have been targeting the day cop for so long and thought it was a good deal for the cop to give himself up to the scum in exchange for making a scum die. the cop is one of the most important roles for the town yet Aimless wanted him dead early on.

I never once went after the Day Cop. I did go after your previous incarnation, briefly, before you claimed. And hell, you didn't even really claim, only a semi-claim hinting that you might be a cop, and yet I still trusted you and voted Neutrino.

Why are you arguing this? I just showed you that a lynch on you is a town win. Oh, wait... obviously you don't want a town win, because you are scum.

And to everyone else posting - the game is still going on. Shut up. It will be over soon enough; you can comment afterwards.
Private Aimless

Postby pancakemix on Tue May 01, 2007 7:23 pm

willis wrote:I guess it was pretty cool......

I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. :D
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Tue May 01, 2007 10:44 pm

You told people that you were very suspicious of the day cop. You even admitted that it would be a good move for a cop to reveal himself at the cost of showing a scumbag. When called on it, you chose not to pursue going after the day cop b/c he claimed that if he in fact was wrong that he was willing to be lynched and upon being proven right was promptly killed off. No tears were shed by you for him dying and it would not have been surprising if you were in fact the one to choose to get me killed and conveniently blame it on the1excile whom is now dead and confirmed scum.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby Aimless on Wed May 02, 2007 12:11 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:You told people that you were very suspicious of the day cop. You even admitted that it would be a good move for a cop to reveal himself at the cost of showing a scumbag. When called on it, you chose not to pursue going after the day cop b/c he claimed that if he in fact was wrong that he was willing to be lynched and upon being proven right was promptly killed off. No tears were shed by you for him dying and it would not have been surprising if you were in fact the one to choose to get me killed and conveniently blame it on the1excile whom is now dead and confirmed scum.

Mischaracterizing what I said is a scumtell.

I told people I was suspicious of you. I never once mentioned the day cop, and after you claimed I joined you, despite the fact that you beat around the bush about your claim (something extremely scummy in and of itself).

I did say that I thought trading a cop of a scum was a good deal for town. I thought that before, I still think that, and I will continue thinking that long after this game is over. It has no bearing whatsoever on my role.

Just like the fact that I was suspicious of you has no bearing on my role - hello, this is mafia. I'm suspicious of everyone. Especially on day two, after a no lynch for day one. That you keep bringing this up as if it proves something shows that you are trying to distract from the real issue.

The real issue being that lynching you is a guaranteed town win, no matter what my role is. Whereas, lynching me leaves the possibility that you are scum.

spinwizard - I was right about Exile yesterday, and there is absolutely no downside to trusting me today. If I'm telling the truth, you win. If I'm lying, you still win. The only way you can possibly lose this game is to let Mr. Scum talk you into lynching me today.
Private Aimless

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed May 02, 2007 12:39 am

Or you could've just decided to join in on making it look not so bad so that at least one of the scums would be "trusted" enough by the town to slowly cap them off and win if for the scum. Going back and forth with the1excile over which one would go is something scummy to do while ensuring that the other would not look as suspicious to the rest of the townies like myself and spin.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby Aimless on Wed May 02, 2007 12:47 am

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Going back and forth with the1excile over which one would go is something scummy to do while ensuring that the other would not look as suspicious to the rest of the townies like myself and spin.

You realize that all three mafia outing themselves on the same day is absolutely stupid, right? If I were mafia, and if I were willing to sacrifice Exile to make myself look like a power role, it would be the absolute high of stupidity for Exile to pull the exact same stunt on nagerous. However, that stunt is exactly what Exile pulled against nagerous.

Exile is not stupid, and I am not stupid. Therefore, I am not mafia. As the mafia were the only killers this game, that also proves that I am not an SK.

As I said - lynching you is a guaranteed town win, because even if I am not town, the worst that will happen is a tie (non-town roles with no killing power tie with town if it comes down to a 1 v. 1 end game). That you keep denying this and arguing it with me proves to me only that you are not town.

Bah. Arguing with scum is pointless. This is my last post on this topic. spin, it's up to you, but we have to lynch someone today.
Private Aimless

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed May 02, 2007 12:52 am

It is not a guarantteed win b/c with you as scum that would make the scum win. While it would be highly unlikely that all 3 scums would do that on the same day, it would also be a good reason to in fact do it. Nobody would suspect that it would happen. When called on it the person would just easily point out how that would be stupid and nobody is that stupid to do it which would in fact be a good reason to do it.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby The1exile on Wed May 02, 2007 10:45 am

Spinwizard, GET YOUR ARSE IN HERE ALREADY!
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby spinwizard on Wed May 02, 2007 11:10 am

i'm here, vote-LSU Tiger Josh
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed May 02, 2007 11:51 am

Doht
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby Aimless on Wed May 02, 2007 1:30 pm

Yes!
Private Aimless

Postby nagerous on Wed May 02, 2007 1:33 pm

fool
Captain nagerous

Postby Aimless on Wed May 02, 2007 1:36 pm

Actually, not.

It was the right play for spinwizard. I am a lyncher, but there's a chance that LSU Josh is scum (albeit a remote one); lynching LSU Josh is a guaranteed win for the town. It just also happens to be a win for me. :D
Private Aimless

Postby nagerous on Wed May 02, 2007 1:37 pm

but is someone cult?
Captain nagerous

Postby Aimless on Wed May 02, 2007 1:38 pm

Well, if spin is town, he's the last man standing so town wins. If spin is any variety of scum, he's still the last man standing, so he wins. As I said - it was the right play for spin.
Private Aimless

Postby spinwizard on Wed May 02, 2007 1:40 pm

yay, i am townie
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby nagerous on Wed May 02, 2007 1:42 pm

meh
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Wed May 02, 2007 1:43 pm

neutrino was never mafia by the way I think he was embarassed townie or whatever they are called, a townie who shows up mafia when he is lynched or killed
Captain nagerous

Postby Aimless on Wed May 02, 2007 1:44 pm

The role is Death Miller. Pro-town, but is revealed as scum upon investigation and death.
Private Aimless

Postby Aimless on Wed May 02, 2007 2:02 pm

Josh, now that the game is over, there's one thing I wanted to point out :

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:It is not a guarantteed win b/c with you as scum that would make the scum win. While it would be highly unlikely that all 3 scums would do that on the same day, it would also be a good reason to in fact do it. Nobody would suspect that it would happen. When called on it the person would just easily point out how that would be stupid and nobody is that stupid to do it which would in fact be a good reason to do it.

This argument is called a wifom. It is generally bad form to base an accusation on a wifom, as you are as likely to fool yourself as you are to get things right. When wifom arguments are made, they are a sign that the arguer is scum and trying to confuse people; I've used them a couple of times in the past for sport, but both of those times I was scum.

Furthermore, when making an argument like this, you have to be able to consider the game from the mafia's perspective. As a hypothetical, assume that Exile, nagerous and I were all scum, and that we were the only remaining scum in the game. Further, let's assume that the game is going badly for scum - scum has lost a couple of people in the first couple of days, and the numbers have swung against them.

So, scum's goal - make at least one member of scum look town. How to do this? A cop claim is a good way to pull it off, but requires sacrificing a scummate. Fortunately, one of the scummates is a terrorist - perfectly made for sacrificing. So, one scum claims cop, goes after the terrorist, the terrorist explodes to seal the deal - mission accomplished, two scum are still alive.

Now, let's consider the other scenario - scum one outs scum two as part of a cop claim. Scum two counter-claims scum one, and outs scum three (the terrorist). The terrorist blows himself up. Scum one gets lynched, but scum two looks like town. So, the final score - mission accomplished, but only one scum remains; ergo, a bad play compared to the above. It won't happen.

About the only time anything like this could happen is in a fight between a Godfather and an Usurper; however, if something like this does happen, the town should cry for joy, since the mafia is suiciding itself. Plus, if it does happen, one of the players involved will be revealed as Godfather or Usurper on death, which is a dead giveaway.

At any rate here, the point I'm trying to make is that you should be able to tell based upon my actions that I wasn't mafia; furthermore, assuming that you were town, and that I was lyncher, you should realize that the scenario I was pushing actually was the correct play for the town (well, it's possible that spin could have been scum, but if that were the case this discussion is unimportant). So, I was rather surprised you were arguing against it.
Private Aimless

Postby The1exile on Wed May 02, 2007 2:09 pm

Meh, I should targeted spin instead of willis.

I thought the cop claim went off quite nicely, though, but kudos to Aimless for managing to get me not to kill him (I would have if there'd been an SK to cover the fact that it might have been me; as it was I was going to take down a semi active townie and then claim I'd investigated Aimless to confirm his role).
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby nagerous on Wed May 02, 2007 2:12 pm

lol good game all
Captain nagerous

Postby pancakemix on Wed May 02, 2007 2:40 pm

Aimless leads LSU to the gallows. He personally pulls the lever and drops the floor on him. Suddenly, a chuckle. Then an audible laugh. Aimless then bursts into maniacal hysteria. He transforms into a flaming demon, burning eyes and a fiendish goti. Then he disappears in a puff of smoke.

Town and Lyncher(Aimless) have won the game!
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Wed May 02, 2007 2:51 pm

Well Aimless, at that point as the last remaining scum taking over for a submariner I had close to no choice other than to try to confuse spin on voting for you since if I pull the vote on spin he obviously won't vote for himself and you weren't goign to either so my only chance was to try to trick him into going for you :)
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives