Conquer Club

CC Dispatch [Issue 81: 16-10-2012] Hipposaur Chaos

All issues of the newsletter.

Moderator: Community Team

CC Dispatch [Issue 81: 16-10-2012] Hipposaur Chaos

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:30 am

Welcome Comrades to the 81st edition of the Dispatch :)

Well, it's lonely here. Everyone is out having fun or doing exams or both. Just me and Duke to hold the fort. Nevermind! The Foundry and Tourney divisions are brimming with articles so there's plenty to keep you occupied. And I've popped in a few teasers in the other divisions as well. At least they can all yell at me when they get back. Speaking of which, isn't it time that YOU got on board and helped us out? Would be great to hear from you!

thehippo8
Foundry Executive

If you would like to apply to join the news team, please visit the thread below for more details! :)

Click here for Recruitment Details...

Hello all to the mess hall. And boy is it messy today! There was a party and no-one has cleaned up. Leehar is off and Saf is having an extra helping of exams! So I've waded in and tried to clean up some of this mess. Underneath a shop mannequin I found The Scum Insider but it had gotten wet and I've had to rewrite it from scratch. Goodness only knows what they've done with the Interview so we'll just have to do without that for this issue!

thehippo8
Foundry Executive

The Scum Insider by thehippo8
show

We've had a total fire in this wing of the newsletter and there's only one small parchment that I could save.

Three by thehippo8
show

Hello again my friends, and welcome to your favorite part of the Newsletter, "War Games", where you can find information about CC Tournaments!

Thehippo8 not only is the Publisher of the Dispatch this time around, but he has given us an excellent article about his impressions of the recently-completed Chatters Tournament. Thank you hippo!

Unstoppable workhorse DaveH weighs in with his two series. The different strands of his work have now come completely together, as his rescue of the TPA series provides new material for his Tournament Tips, and vice versa.

Dukasaur
Tournament Executive

SMAC by thehippo8
show

A Quick Look At the Completed Forum by Dukasaur
show

Tournament Tips by DaveH
show: TPA2 Scoring Spreadsheet.

TPA Wrap by DaveH
show

There is such a thing as a blue moon. According to Bridie Smith, as quoted in Wikipedia:
The term blue moon is the name for the third full moon in a season that has four full moons, instead of the usual three. A blue moon occurs only every two or three years, and the term blue moon is used colloquially to mean a rare event, as in the phrase "once in a blue moon".

Well, depending on how you calculate that, we have had two, possibly three, blue moons pass us by in the time that cairnswk has prepared for us 30 (YES THIRTY) full maps that have passed through the Foundry, through the Beta processes and into CC proper. What a fantastic achievement!! And to commemorate this momentous occasion, koontz1973 brings us two articles featuring cairnswk. The first covers those 30 maps and the second covers maps that are out of Beta, where cairns features again. We all owe an incredible debt of gratitude to cairnswk so let's be upstanding and sing his favourite song ...

Done that? Good! Onto the rest of the issue then. Qyu brings us a fascinating look at that favourite map of yours Arms Race! while I take a look at a new map being developed and some interesting issues it throws up Ring of Fire. koontz1973 gives an in-depth insight into the working of the Foundry and how that may change for the better. We are looking forward to your input (good CC community) to this article. And finally, koontz1973 tickles your dendrites with this issue's comp, a crossword puzzle. Who will be the winner for this issue? And on that note, I leave you with a Turkish proverb:

He who sleeps with a blind man will wake up cross-eyed.

thehippo8 -- Foundry Executive

Image30 Maps koontz1973
show

Quenched Maps koontz1973
show

Arms Race by Qyu
show

Ring of Fire – doing the undoable by thehippo8
show

Open versus Closed koontz1973
show

Foundry Dispatch Competition koontz1973
show

I'm sorry to say, but the Clan locker was completely cleaned out by thieves. I could have stopped them but it simply isn't my job! So when they had gone I have put what little I could glean from the covers of the books they stole.

thehippo8
Foundry Executive

Highlights by thehippo8
show

Stay Tuned for the next issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch for an interrogation of interviewee. Post any questions you may have for them here --> Interrogation with Masli

Submitting Your Own Articles

If you have a story you think the ConquerClub Community would find interesting, you can submit your articles to Victor Sullivan and you may just see your article published in the Newsletter!

Subscription

Did you enjoy this Issue? Have you subscribed to the Newsletter yet?

If you want each and every issue of the ConquerClub Dispatch delivered right into your Inbox, then Subscribe Here!

ConquerClub Dispatch Team

ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Re: CC Dispatch [Issue 81: 16-10-2012] Hipposaur Chaos

Postby TheCrown on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:02 pm

cairnswk has made most of my favorite maps... thanks man! =D>
Colonel TheCrown

Postby ckyrias on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:17 am

Across.
3.A map you have to flush with. (8) Waterloo
6.Athens and Sparta get bloody. (13,3) Peloponnesian War
7.One of the last maps made by the dreaded map maker. (7) Eurasia
8.The terminator state. (10) California
9.Go sight seeing in beta land. (10) Copenhagen
Down.
1.Hiding under the desks really works. (4,3,5) Duck And Cover
2.Pixar made a film about this map. (8) Monsters
4."Top of the world ma" (10) Antarctica
5.Nelson's brown trouser time. (9) Trafalgar
8.Number one. (7) Classic

*reason for edit forgot waterloo

Sergeant ckyrias

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:50 am

@ ckyrias -congrats! That's two out of three to you ... well done indeed!
ImageImageImage
show

Postby ckyrias on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:08 am

thehippo8 wrote:@ ckyrias -congrats! That's two out of three to you ... well done indeed!

cheers!! and remember people! Charleston is not the terminator state! its not even a state! :D

Sergeant ckyrias

Postby koontz1973 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:53 am

congrats ckrias. Remember folks, a new comp every issue in the dispatch section of the foundry.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Dukasaur on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:30 am

I don't imagine newsletter volunteers will ever be eligible for the contest. Since we have access to the article before it's published, it would be a monstrously unfair advantage. I wonder, though, if at some point you might develop the contest in secret, and insert it only at the moment of publication, so that we could compete? Perhaps not every time, but maybe 1 in 5 times or something like that.
Major Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby x-raider on Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Great crossword; lot's of fun.
Hip, hip hoorah for the hippo's dispatched dispatch.
Corporal 1st Class x-raider

Location: Lost in the Complexities of the Undiscovered Universe

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:35 pm

You are all very kind!

I agree Duke, why shouldn't Team CC be able to play the Dispatch comp! So, yes, from now on they will be promulgated in secret and dispersed on publishing. The only ones in the know will be the Foundry team and the publisher.

hips
ImageImageImage
show

Return to Newsletter Issues