Conquer Club

Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Mr. T is dead. Day 5 has begun

Postby aage on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:52 am

edocsil wrote:Can't win? Cult would have a majority? might take a day, but it's GG.

I was under the impression that the whole town had to be taken over by the cult in order to let it fulfil its win condition, so same idea as an SK. (except that it may ignore the mafia.)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:58 am

aage wrote:
edocsil wrote:Can't win? Cult would have a majority? might take a day, but it's GG.

I was under the impression that the whole town had to be taken over by the cult in order to let it fulfil its win condition, so same idea as an SK. (except that it may ignore the mafia.)

No. once they can force a lynch it is over. Same as scum.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby samgrossy on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am

aage wrote:

Regardless if they overrun the twon, as soon as they hit a majority, town and scum cannot prevent it.

For arguments sake, if cult has 5 now and the rest of us are town, if we lynch a cult, then there are 4 cult at night. they recruit one, now there are 5. They have a majority and won't lynch any of their own, so they win.

Now if there are 4 cult and some even split of scum and town, like 2 and 4 respectively. If we lynch scum, then there is one scum left, and CL recruits. Mafia shoot cult at night. This leaves 4 Cult, 1 scum, and 3 town, we're still just barely hanging on, but won't get a lynch in the day. Scum shoots Cult at night, CL recruits, now there are 4 cult, 2 town, and 1 scum. Lylo. endgame. Cult can recruit to win.

So, actually, now that I really think about this, the CL must have been role blocked one night already or we would have already lost. Let's revisit the list of people roleblocked, and try to nail the CL down. The recruiting phase is really what puts us at a disadvantage.

Help now, everyone!!
Corporal 1st Class samgrossy

Postby samgrossy on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:31 am

Okay - I have done some quick looking. Both Aage and I are Roleblockers. So, based on my analysis above, I came across the realization that we must have blocked the CL at some point.

Aage Claims to have blocked
N1 - Strike/hippo - Still alive
N2 - vodean - dead
N3 - Me - town
N4 - Saf - scum

And I have blocked -
N1 - Hippo V1 - dead
N2 - Shaggy - alive
N3 - Lovo - alive
N4 - Aage - Almost surely town

So since I blocked Aage n4, Saf is not the CL
Since He blocked me N3, LoVo is not the CL (and lends more credence to his town claim in my book)
So that really leaves a list of two people alive that could be the CL, the two people alive from our combined D1 and D2 lynches - SHAGGY AND STRIKE/HIPPO

So now, Aage and I are both role blockers, and we both should target these guys, if they survive the lynch. I am of the impression that I should
UNVOTE VOTE SHAGGY

If we can lynch him, Scum can shoot hippo/strike and we are back rolling on this game like Cult never happened. MAfia and Town can stop working together and go back to fighting each other.
The numbers have to work because the CL HAD TO HAVE BEEN ROLEBLOCKED!

MOMENT OF CLARITY FOR ME! This has got to be it!

Unless there are two cults. Suck.

Postby edocsil on Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:54 am

Math sucks, don't need to explain. Specifically last part. Can't understand that majority is 6, not 5
Edoc'sil

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:41 pm

It is now Twilight. I'm dead tired from work right now and will count votes again later today, but offhand I don't believe we obtained the votes necessary for a lynch. You may start sending in your night actions.
LSU Tiger Josh
The man, the myth, the legend has returned.
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby samgrossy on Sat Oct 13, 2012 2:52 pm

edocsil wrote:Math sucks, don't need to explain. Specifically last part. Can't understand that majority is 6, not 5

I get that they can't lynch with out six, but they would still have won if they were at five. Good night all...

Postby samgrossy on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:01 pm

I think we can still talk during twilight, right?

Postby thehippo8 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:11 pm

samgrossy wrote:I think we can still talk during twilight, right?

Yeah, we can talk but the lynchee (or is that lychee - not that's for desert (not dessert) - English is such a confusing language) cannot. Anyway the math is based on forceability ... if the losing team cannot stop a day lynch or a night kill then the winning team need not play out the next day.
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:55 am

Stop the talking and get the actions in please guys :)You have until Wednesday morning at this time(48 hours) although if you manage to get them in before I can check the actions I will still accept them.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby lord voldemort on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:34 pm

LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Stop the talking and get the actions in please guys :)You have until Wednesday morning at this time(48 hours) although if you manage to get them in before I can check the actions I will still accept them.

are you waiting on twilight actions...or did you just actually forget the night scene?
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby aage on Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:43 pm

lord voldemort wrote:
LSU Tiger Josh wrote:Stop the talking and get the actions in please guys :)You have until Wednesday morning at this time(48 hours) although if you manage to get them in before I can check the actions I will still accept them.

are you waiting on twilight actions...or did you just actually forget the night scene?

I have the feeling this happened before.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2 Night 5 no lynch again.

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:02 pm

Actually just didn't officially state that it is night time. Had no actions that I was waiting on.

The alphabets gathered in town square shouting accusations at each other on who was cult, who was town, and who was mafia. They went back and forth but never could get a consensus for the lynch.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:07 pm

scene will be done tomorrow after work. dead tired right now.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Postby LSU Tiger Josh on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Sorry was tied up with RL

During the night, no shots were fired so all are still alive in the land of Alphabets.
LSU Tiger Josh
Corporal LSU Tiger Josh

Re: Alphabet Mafia 2Day 6 no night deaths

Postby samgrossy on Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:33 pm

I wonder what no shots fired means? Were they role blocked or were they just lazy and not sent in night actions?

For the record, I role blocked shaggy based on my analysis of yesterday.

Aage - Who did you block?

Let's get a lynch today.

Postby aage on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:12 pm

samgrossy wrote:I wonder what no shots fired means? Were they role blocked or were they just lazy and not sent in night actions?

For the record, I role blocked shaggy based on my analysis of yesterday.

Aage - Who did you block?

Let's get a lynch today.

DJ the busdriver.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 am

This ...

4. This game is meant to be confusing and absurd, if you play assuming the game is balanced you may end up screwing yourself over although my games usually are pretty balanced..

... Based on Sam's logic of yesterday I tried to kill Shaggy but nothing happened. I can only surpise that DJ swapped himself with Shaggy and that DJ was jailed meaning my kill didn't work. Toss up who is worse, DJ or Shaggy but I vote Shaggy as that seems the best answer. Shaggy must be the CL. My pick is we get rid of Shaggy and town can coast to the end.

I'd also like to hear everyone's thoughts on me not using my nightkill again until DJ is lynched tomorrow (if at all from this point on).
ImageImageImage
show

Postby samgrossy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:05 am

Hippo, my action was to nurse shaggy, which protects and role blocks him. That's why your night action didn't go off. Had I known, I think I may not have done that, but I didn't have my revelation until too late.

Saf, what was the result of your night action? This was contingent on you getting results.

Postby aage on Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:49 am

If Shaggy was protected and Hippo did try to kill him I don't think the scene would have said that no shots were fired.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby samgrossy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 7:43 am

aage wrote:If Shaggy was protected and Hippo did try to kill him I don't think the scene would have said that no shots were fired.

Hippo, what role are you again? Please, no one accuse me of skimming, I just think it will be easier for me to have him tell me. Especially if he is going to be on in the next 12 hours. I f I don't hear from him, I will go back and look it up.

Aage, is hippo lying? While normally I would assume this based on your statement, I don't want to race to conclusions.

Also, as most of the remaining players know, I feel that we are close to lylo. So, I think we have to hit cult or scum with each lynch.

Also, did our Leader, Mr. L, the governor prevent anything last night? I may be confused about his role right now, but he can prevent a kill right? Or maybe just a lynch?

At this point, players, we need to be very forthcoming about our night actions.

Postby edocsil on Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:59 am

Pretty clear cut Roleblock. We have killed what, 1 scum? Unlikely that none of them could be bothered to submit a kill. What I want to know is why isn't it already game over. It should be, unless the Cl got blocked.
Edoc'sil

Postby thehippo8 on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:21 pm

@Sam - I am Mr F, the Vigilante. That means I get to shoot someone each night. Seems I am shooting blanks?

@Edoc - unless mafia are all recruited?

@ Aage - Well, I made the shot (or tried to), what other explanation do you have?
ImageImageImage
show

Postby samgrossy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:39 pm

edocsil wrote:Pretty clear cut Roleblock. We have killed what, 1 scum? Unlikely that none of them could be bothered to submit a kill. What I want to know is why isn't it already game over. It should be, unless the Cl got blocked.

Between Aage and I, we have been role blocking people. I believe that the game would be over if we haven't roleblocked someone. I went through this analysis on the last post of the previous game day (not accusing you of skimming). I had such a strong feeling that I changed my vote last minute. Because we couldn't lynch Shaggy, I roleblocked him. I think that the game would be over if we haven't roleblocked the CL twice, so the only guy that I know that has been role blocked twice is shaggy. So I firmly believe he is the cult leader.

Aage also roleblocked DJ, but I don't think DJ is the CL because if he were, game would be over.

So I just want to get as many night actions in and give one final analysis before I actually place my vote on Shaggy for today. We hit CL, Town and Mafia have a shot. I have to say Mafia has a shot because too because we need them to get on board with a lynch in order for it to carry. We have to get 6 votes to lynch and that means that EVERY NON CULT has to agree to lynch one person.

I'm most interested in Aage's analysis of what is going on now.

Postby samgrossy on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:41 pm

AND I REALLY WANT TO KNOW SAFs RESULTS. (Yes I am shouting at Saf to try and get his attention) :)

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives