Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:48 pm

It's not plain rolefishing.

He must be cult.

unvote vote elonpuckhog
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:56 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:It's not plain rolefishing.

He must be cult.

unvote vote elonpuckhog

Okay I was thinking that I might have to do this anyways. I'm a "human". I'm assuming that all VT humans abilities are the same, so either Doom needs to reread his post that he got from / or his 1-shot is different. If Doom doesn't understand then please ask. I'm not giving out an extreme amount of details at this point.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:00 pm

Sigh. I guess I had better break this down for people.

I have a role that I have claimed which implicitly states that a)There are no VTs, but I am the closest thing and b) there is a cult.

Elonpuckhog wrote:
To answer your first two questions, my gut feeling tells me there are 3 parties in this game. Whether they are cult, scum, whatever, my feeling tells me there are three parties. But all I have to go on is my gut.

Which means that he made a conclusion a lot of us also made, but that he didn't want to let us know he has information in his role PM. (otherwise the last sentence would not be there).

I assumed that he had the same role as me (the most common role in the game) and I just wanted to let him know that even though he is town, if he continues lying, it will look scummy. This assumption was verified when he said:
Further, I don't believe there are ANY VTs in this game.

However, since he is denying that he is a human, he must be a cultist. He made 2 assumptions that someone with my role would make. Since he isn't my role, then most likely, he is the inverse of my role (recruiter as opposed to recruitee).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also:
This after he accuses me of lying but doesn't really state where he knows I am lying.

I did explicitly state where you were lying.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FPed.

Rishaed, shush. We will deal with your points tomorrow.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:05 pm

Actually, that was too polite. F**K you rishaed, obviously our roles are the same. You are the worst player ever.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Rodion on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm

Interesting logic, Yoshi.

I'm considering / is known for enjoying the roleplaying aspect of the game and is really likely to give everyone an unique bios, even if multiple players happen to share the same role.

I could be wrong, though, and you might be up to something. Do you have any sort of evidence that all "human quasi-VTs" got the exact same role PM?
General Rodion

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:12 pm

Rodion wrote:Interesting logic, Yoshi.

I'm considering / is known for enjoying the roleplaying aspect of the game and is really likely to give everyone an unique bios, even if multiple players happen to share the same role.

I could be wrong, though, and you might be up to something. Do you have any sort of evidence that all "human quasi-VTs" got the exact same role PM?

Remarkable that you posted, just about as I was going to respond to your last point.

Saf and IB seemed to base their knowledge off of Lovecraftian logic. Rishaed very obviously had the same role as me from the beginning, but also DIDN't LIE. He clearly said where he got his information. Nendreel is somewhere in between.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:13 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Rodion wrote:Interesting logic, Yoshi.

Remarkable that you posted, just about as I was going to respond to your last point.

Saf and IB seemed to base their knowledge off of Lovecraftian logic. Rishaed very obviously had the same role as me from the beginning, but also DIDN't LIE. He clearly said where he got his information. Nendreel is somewhere in between.

EBWOP:

Only circumstantial evidence that me, edoc and rishaed all came to the same conclusions independently.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:15 pm

Thanks Doom :roll: I actually will take that as a compliment ATM, because i have a slight theory and I'm not exactly understanding where you are coming from. :? :? I'm almost pulling your "elon is lying post" but I'm not as sure. . . will wait and see.
FP'd by rodian and yoshi
And as for me I can't say on your last question.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:16 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:I assumed that he had the same role as me (the most common role in the game) and I just wanted to let him know that even though he is town, if he continues lying, it will look scummy.
I can't seem to find anything in your posts that explains why you would assume that he had the same role as you. Can you please clearly explain that part?
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:18 pm

spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:I assumed that he had the same role as me (the most common role in the game) and I just wanted to let him know that even though he is town, if he continues lying, it will look scummy.
I can't seem to find anything in your posts that explains why you would assume that he had the same role as you. Can you please clearly explain that part?

Two seperate ideas:
1)
a) I know there is a cult
b) he knows there is a cult

2) I know I have the most common role, so it is likely

This caused the initial cascade of reasoning.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:19 pm

However I trust you enough to unvote vote elonpuck if at least to get a claim that we can work from.
Damn FP's

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:55 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Two separate ideas:
1)

The problem here then is that the very reason you went after him in the first place is him saying that he only thinks there is a cult. So somehow you decided: He thinks there is a cult, therefore he knows there is a cult, therefor he has the same role as me, therefor he must be lying about "thinking" there is a a cult.
I can't really understand this. The very point you go after him with is equally capable of undermining the entire idea.
Captain spiesr

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:15 pm

spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:
spiesr wrote:
Two separate ideas:
1)

The problem here then is that the very reason you went after him in the first place is him saying that he only thinks there is a cult. So somehow you decided: He thinks there is a cult, therefore he knows there is a cult, therefor he has the same role as me, therefor he must be lying about "thinking" there is a a cult.
I can't really understand this. The very point you go after him with is equally capable of undermining the entire idea.

+1, I was going to say the exact same thing. I have to look back if he said he was one of the guys who had no idea of lovecraft. I don't know if you guys watched the youtube video I posted. It's a condensation of "the call of cthulu" movie and it's very instructive for the game. Thinking there is a cult in this game for someone knowing the lovecraft universe is more than obvious. Him telling his gut feeling is that there is a cult in here is not the same as him telling he KNOWS there is a cult. Mostly when several people were discussing the possibility of a cult.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:21 pm

Betiko: he is one of the players who knows nothing of Lovecraft. However, that is not my point. My point is that after he elucidated that he thinks there is a cult he added the line:

"But all I have to go on is my gut"

That lines tells anyone reading it that he is lying, and that he does know there is a cult.

@Spiesr: I am not saying "he thinks there is a cult, therefore he knows there is a cult". I am saying: "he wrote something very awkwardly and he was defensive about it before he was even done talking about, therefore he knows there is a cult".

Other than that, I am not sure why you aren't following spiesr. Can you explain how the points undermine themselves?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:29 pm

Let me put this another way: even if I knew nothing about the cult, I would still know he is lying.

If I wasn't a human, I would realize that he had knowledge and would have pushed him relentlessly. Since I was a human, I assumed he had the same role as me and didn't push him (note that he actually voted me first). I gave him the benefit of the doubt and probably wasted the day because of it.

No matter what role you have: everybody should realize that elonpuckhog is lying. This is why this game frustrates me so much. The first lie should have sent off whistles in everybody's head. With the second point, the case is too good to resist.

Add to this the fact that elon is many times on, but very rarely speaking shows that he is being very careful in what he says - almost too careful.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby new guy1 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:35 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Betiko: he is one of the players who knows nothing of Lovecraft. However, that is not my point. My point is that after he elucidated that he thinks there is a cult he added the line:

"But all I have to go on is my gut"

That lines tells anyone reading it that he is lying, and that he does know there is a cult.

@Spiesr: I am not saying "he thinks there is a cult, therefore he knows there is a cult". I am saying: "he wrote something very awkwardly and he was defensive about it before he was even done talking about, therefore he knows there is a cult".

Other than that, I am not sure why you aren't following spiesr. Can you explain how the points undermine themselves?

You know what, this post convinced me that there may be a case here. I will vote elon because if it is true that there is a cult, and your role knows about it, then I can see where there would be reasonable suspicion that he is in fact a cultists. Now I dont know if there is another role that knows there is a cult, but I would say that it is better to end the day with a claim when there was a reason to suspect him then to have a no lynch and waste the day because we didnt want to take a chance. If nothing else, it is a case that may have merit and it is better then nothing!
Sergeant new guy1

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:36 pm

Okay, when you revisualize your case as "I could tell he was lying by the way he said this thing" I understand it well enough. I don't know how much confidence I have in it, but I understand it. In fact I would consider it good enough to at least have a look at for Day 1. It's now too late for anything to happen on that front, or really any front, but I will Unvote Vote elonpuckhog anyway.
Captain spiesr

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:43 pm

I think doom is onto something in all honesty. Going back, It was a very strange way of putting it. It didnt alarm me fully, but it did kind of make me think why he had to mention his gut so much, etc.

Unvote Vote Elon.
Cadet ghostly447

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:03 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I think doom is onto something in all honesty. Going back, It was a very strange way of putting it. It didnt alarm me fully, but it did kind of make me think why he had to mention his gut so much, etc.

Unvote Vote Elon.

I don't remember if / is picky about it, but you might need to colour your vote.

ok, I see things the same way as ng1 and spiesr, that's good enought for a day 1. What tickles me the most is that he says he is not a vt/human, and to tell the truth I don't really see what other roles could be town and not human. The principle of the human role is that we are going to screw ourselves being too curious at night, or get recruited. I don't believe someone could be town and not a human. Day 1 we all have our sanity and I should've thought of this before.

unevote vote elon
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Ok I looked and both ELON and the NL votes are at 5 (was at 7 however me and doom left to vote elon) so either we've got scum BW'ing hoping that he gets nailed by the lynch chances, or he needs to claim soon. The funny thing is that i've been off and on this entire time and elon's been on quite a bit, but hasn't posted anything. I'm not exactly sure what to think of it right now.
FP'd by betiko
(Now 6)

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:09 pm

rishaed wrote:Ok I looked and both ELON and the NL votes are at 5 (was at 7 however me and doom left to vote elon) so either we've got scum BW'ing hoping that he gets nailed by the lynch chances, or he needs to claim soon. The funny thing is that i've been off and on this entire time and elon's been on quite a bit, but hasn't posted anything. I'm not exactly sure what to think of it right now.
FP'd by betiko
(Now 6)

and i was voting NL so it's 6-4 for elon. what do you think of my theory? town is 100% human. i think that today is the only moment when we can speak as true humans as we might become insane or we might become cult tonight.
Major betiko

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:15 pm

I had thought of that as well. . . I was going to bring it up tomorrow honestly. It could be possible from Rodions first post where he says that in Call of Cthulu (hope i spelled that right) you had run of the mill humans where you either died/ went insane. As for the other part / mentions in the intro post that people will transform into new psychotic roles from witnessing the wrong events. I was thinking that maybe, (I'm not sure if he threw the Necromicon in i'm assuming also from intro post) town starts as Human and then goes psycho so to say.

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:42 pm

Betiko, I disagree with your idea. I am a normal human, there may be non-normal humans that are town, but I think it's too early to start making the next level of assumption.

I am sure there are possibly other town roles that know the existence of the cult also, but elon has had plenty of time to admit that he was lying beforehand (before I formalized this case). He has not only denied that he is human, but also that he has any knowledge of the cult.

So, his fakeclaim range is fairly limited. Luckily, we aren't going up against someone with a wealth of knowledge on Lovecraft, which narrows the pool further.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:49 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Betiko, I disagree with your idea. I am a normal human, there may be non-normal humans that are town, but I think it's too early to start making the next level of assumption.

I am sure there are possibly other town roles that know the existence of the cult also, but elon has had plenty of time to admit that he was lying beforehand (before I formalized this case). He has not only denied that he is human, but also that he has any knowledge of the cult.

So, his fakeclaim range is fairly limited. Luckily, we aren't going up against someone with a wealth of knowledge on Lovecraft, which narrows the pool further.

I think there can't be non-normal humans on day 1. there will be tomorrow though for sure.
Major betiko

Postby ghostly447 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:10 pm

ghostly447 wrote:I think doom is onto something in all honesty. Going back, It was a very strange way of putting it. It didnt alarm me fully, but it did kind of make me think why he had to mention his gut so much, etc.

Unvote Vote Elon.

EBWOP
Cadet ghostly447

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives