Conquer Club

[Medal] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

[Medal] Raise Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to Whatever

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:40 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Added [Site] tag for index
Captain BGtheBrain

Re: Raise Clan Achievement Medal Cap from 30 to whatever

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:07 pm

Well, that cap is on all medals, so I think it would need to be changed on all to be consistent.

As far as encouraging more wars, I doubt it. There are only 8 people with 30 medals. I think you knew that though.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:28 pm

chapcrap wrote:Well, that cap is on all medals, so I think it would need to be changed on all to be consistent.

As far as encouraging more wars, I doubt it. There are only 8 people with 30 medals. I think you knew that though.

I think it has something to do with the fact that he's almost at 30. But I agree they need to increase it for all medals with that 30 cap limit.
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby The Voice on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:34 pm

I never knew there was such a limit. 30 seems rather arbitrary.
Major The Voice

Postby trinicardinal on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:37 pm

The Voice wrote:I never knew there was such a limit. 30 seems rather arbitrary.

actually its linked to limitations on the graphic size... something to work on I think
10:16:35 ā€¹Ace Rimmerā€ŗ haven't looked at work in ages
10:42:43 ā€¹Sackett58ā€ŗ fine, I'll take my panties elsewhere
Captain trinicardinal

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:39 pm

highlander attack has won 290 tourneys. should there be no limit on the roman figure?
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:43 pm

The Voice wrote:I never knew there was such a limit. 30 seems rather arbitrary.

trinicardinal wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Well, that cap is on all medals, so I think it would need to be changed on all to be consistent.

I think it has something to do with the fact that he's almost at 30. But I agree they need to increase it for all medals with that 30 cap limit.

I think part of it is so that people can't do something very easy to get a lot of extra medals as well. Having a cap is a good idea, IMO, because it forces you to explore other areas to hunt medals in. Of course, the cap could be higher. And yes, his clan has the most medals because they play the most wars. I would be in favor of upping the limit to about 50, but much higher than that, I think is too much.
betiko wrote:highlander attack has won 290 tourneys. should there be no limit on the roman figure?

Yeah and only 30 medals. :(
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:57 pm

yeah i think it's not normal that HA isn't the guy with the most medals on the site.
On the other hand, i think it's a pitty to play clan wars mostly vs the worse clans over and over on the site just to get 50 medals. TNC has talented players and should play less and better opponents, they would be a much higher ranked clan.
Major betiko

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:13 pm

betiko wrote:yeah i think it's not normal that HA isn't the guy with the most medals on the site.
On the other hand, i think it's a pitty to play clan wars mostly vs the worse clans over and over on the site just to get 50 medals. TNC has talented players and should play less and better opponents, they would be a much higher ranked clan.

I don't think you can knock TNC for their methods. They aren't doing it for medals. They just like a lot of wars. If the higher clans would play with them more often, I'm sure they would accept the challenge.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:19 pm

Last edited by BGtheBrain on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain BGtheBrain

Postby MoB Deadly on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:20 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:
betiko wrote:yeah i think it's not normal that HA isn't the guy with the most medals on the site.

Can I count this as a challenge from Pack?
If so we accept. Terms to be decided at a later date.

Make it happen
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby ckyrias on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:26 pm

chapcrap wrote:

I don't think you can knock TNC for their methods. They aren't doing it for medals. They just like a lot of wars. If the higher clans would play with them more often, I'm sure they would accept the challenge.

is there a + button? if not then +100 chap

Sergeant ckyrias

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:27 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:

i'm not the one to decide and to tell the truth the plan right now is a break untill january february, most of our members are a bit burned out or on a cc break. But no opponent is really decided for our 2013 comeback. ask crown to pm great-ollie, john deere, lynch and jghost our leaders (the 3 first ones are on a semi cc break and might take a while for them to respond).
I'd be happy to do so cause i know loads of you guys.
Major betiko

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:30 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:09 pm

I'm not sure about giving a new medal for each thing above 30 for any of the achievement medals. Like chap said, handing 290 tournament medals to HA seems a bit excessive. What about a system like with regular medals, where you get a new medal eventually, but the award rate decreases.

Maybe for tourneys and clan wars something like 50, 100, 200. For things like tourney wins you could space them out a little more even.

There was a mention of this in the Newsletter the other day pertaining to the Foundry. It seems like you should continue gaining recognition beyond 30 for something like designing a map.

Also, the space limitations wouldn't be a problem if you awarded medals like this because Roman numerals for these "round" numbers don't take up too much space.
Colonel agentcom

Postby BGtheBrain on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:22 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Postby John Deere on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:31 pm

BGtheBrain wrote:

No its not a challenge. None of us will make that call till we all talk (the whole clan), we will not even be attempting to talk till some time the first part of next year. But we will be looking for a good clan to challenge and your clan will be in the talks!
Thanks grifftron for the pic! Your the man:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjwAucpiC6Q&list=QL&playnext=1
Major John Deere

Postby betiko on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:45 pm

agentcom wrote:I'm not sure about giving a new medal for each thing above 30 for any of the achievement medals. Like chap said, handing 290 tournament medals to HA seems a bit excessive. What about a system like with regular medals, where you get a new medal eventually, but the award rate decreases.

Maybe for tourneys and clan wars something like 50, 100, 200. For things like tourney wins you could space them out a little more even.

There was a mention of this in the Newsletter the other day pertaining to the Foundry. It seems like you should continue gaining recognition beyond 30 for something like designing a map.

Also, the space limitations wouldn't be a problem if you awarded medals like this because Roman numerals for these "round" numbers don't take up too much space.

what about the same graphic and different colours to represent bronze, silver and gold? you need 30 bronze then you start with the 1st silver until you reach 30 ect... in that way, you could get 90 per medal type.
Major betiko

Postby agentcom on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:48 pm

I think 90 medals of a certain type is a little excessive. I was thinking about roman numerals and I was thinking that just using those would be good. So at 50, you'd get a new medal with an L on it. Maybe you go in increments of 50. So at a certain point it wouldn't really be about medals (as I'm pretty sure is the case now for the small group of people with 100+ tourney wins, 30+ clan wins, 30 maps made, etc.). It would be a prestige thing. You're only getting one medal per 50 of whatever, but you might be one of only a handful of people that has an "L" or a "C" on your profile. If HA comes back to active participation here, I think it would be cool to see a tourney medal with "CCC" on it.

Bottom line for me is that when those guys hit those high amounts of achievements, I don't think it's about the medal count anymore. But it would be nice to recognize the people that have gone beyond the "XXX" level.
Colonel agentcom

Postby IcePack on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:11 pm

agentcom wrote:Maybe for tourneys and clan wars something like 50, 100, 200. For things like tourney wins you could space them out a little more even.

I like this, one each for first 30. then sparingly used as the numbers grow higher. What those numbers are TBD, but a great idea. +1

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby TheCrown on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:41 pm

Can we at least get a tab like the tourneys have? So that we can see when we get up to 290 clan war wins?
Colonel TheCrown

Postby Chewie1 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:30 pm

TheCrown wrote:Can we at least get a tab like the tourneys have? So that we can see when we get up to 290 clan war wins?

Does seem like double standards... you can get unlimited medals for winning tourneys, but not clan wars...not a lot of difference.

Lets say for arguements sake The crown and I were the best Dubs team on planet earth we could earn our medals in dubs tourneys against lesser dubs players but our respective clans couldnt get medals for more than 30 wars..doesnt ring true.
Lieutenant Chewie1

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Postby MoB Deadly on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:40 pm

betiko wrote:highlander attack has won 290 tourneys. should there be no limit on the roman figure?

Oh. I really did not know that they weren't tallied anywhere. I thought that the "medal image" maxed out at XXX, but I thought he still got credit for it on his medal count. That's truly a shame that it does not show up anywhere except in the database. He was one of the most active and most contributing players of all time in the tournament world. I think it should be in the record books without a doubt.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby BGtheBrain on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:53 pm

Captain BGtheBrain

Next

Return to Suggestions