Conquer Club

Stein vs Johnson vs Anderson vs Goode debate start in 45 min

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Stein vs Johnson vs Anderson vs Goode debate start in 45 min

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:15 pm

http://live.freeandequal.org/stream.html

At 9 Eastern (that's 45 minutes from now), the four will be debating.

Credit to Saxi for making this known.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Re: Stein vs Johnson vs Anderson vs Goode debate start in 45

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:31 pm

GreecePwns wrote:http://live.freeandequal.org/stream.html

At 9 Eastern (that's 45 minutes from now), the four will be debating.

Credit to Saxi for making this known.

Can also be viewed at http://www.youtube.com/russiatoday

Also props to Saxi.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Wow Gary Johnson clearly stacked the house with his supporters -

Am I the only person who can't understand Virgil Goode? I've never heard an accent that exotic before.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:15 pm

Virgil Goode has a hell of an accent! <smile>
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Favorite Quotes So Far:

"Under Obamacare, there will be 30 million people without essential healthcare by 2022." - Rocky Anderson

"We got rid of the Kaaaaang because of [at this point I'm positive he switched to a completely different language]" - Virgil Goode

"As a medical doctor I can say ... marijuana is a substance that is dangerous because it's illegal. It's not illegal because it's dangerous." - Jill Stein

"I've drank alcohol, I've smoked marijuana. I don't drink alcohol, I don't smoke marijuana." - Gary Johnson

"The operative word is defense, not offense. Right now we're funding the Syrian insurgents. Did we not learn anything in Afghanistan where we funded Osama bin Laden?" - Gary Johnson

Anderson has been good on specifics. His story about getting Clinton to pardon Cory Stringfield was a pretty good one and his attack on the F-22 seemed pretty articulate.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:53 pm

So far I've been most impressed by Anderson and Johnson myself. Johnson in particular is doing very well on the "impact" front to me, even though I don't necessarily agree with him on everything.

Night Strike...why are you not voting for Virgil Goode again? He's from the freaking CONSTITUTION PARTY! Isn't that like..."your thing"?

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Woodruff wrote:So far I've been most impressed by Anderson and Johnson myself. Johnson in particular is doing very well on the "impact" front to me, even though I don't necessarily agree with him on everything.

Anderson has been beautifully articulate. If I were going to rate all 6 candidates on poise (setting aside content) I would rate them:

1. Rocky Anderson
    2. Barack Obama (tie)
    Mitt Romney (tie)
    4. Gary Johnson
    5. Jill Stein
    6. Virgil Goode

GreecePWNS, is your real name Nicoli Carrino (the guy who asked the video question about education reform)? That sounded like a Greek name (or is it Italian?).
Last edited by saxitoxin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Great question #6 - very interesting!

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I do like Virgil's folksiness.

"If the Congress enacted that amendment, the states would pass it like a knife through hot butta'."
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:29 pm

saxitoxin wrote:I do like Virgil's folksiness.

The thing I really liked about him most was that he had no problem sort of being "the black sheep" of the four of them (of course they're all sort of that way, obviously). But a number of issues had the other three in general agreement, and him standing alone, and he waved it in front of everyone.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:30 pm

saxitoxin wrote:"We got rid of the Kaaaaang because of [at this point I'm positive he switched to a completely different language]" - Virgil Goode

I must admit...this had me laughing out loud.

Postby Army of GOD on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:32 pm

I'm not watching it but I feel like it would be more interesting if they had some physical challenge involved.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:37 pm

I would seriously like to wrap the four of them up into one candidate. There were positions where I agreed with each of them at different times. I really feel like that was a meaningful debate, and much more useful than what we've gotten between the two major candidates.

For what it's worth, Gary Johnson kicked ass. And Anderson was very good, as well (but he didn't come across with the sense of conviction that Gary did). I found Stein and Goode to be less "convincing", even though I tend to agree with Stein more than the others.

And I must admit, I remain very impressed with what Gary Johnson did in New Mexico.

Postby thegreekdog on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:41 pm

I've been "working" (in quotes because I've also been responding to Conquer Club innanity) so I didn't get to watch. I'm hoping there is a transcript I can read (like I did with the other debates).
Sergeant 1st Class thegreekdog

Postby saxitoxin on Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:57 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I've been "working" (in quotes because I've also been responding to Conquer Club innanity) so I didn't get to watch. I'm hoping there is a transcript I can read (like I did with the other debates).

It's archived here - I've cued it up to GreecePWNs' question - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEMi9-WZQqU&t=123m15s
ImageImage
Corporal saxitoxin

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:00 pm

You know, it occurs to me that Rocky Anderson should be running for President with Jill Stein as his VP. That'd be a strong ticket for me, I think.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:02 pm

thegreekdog wrote:I've been "working" (in quotes because I've also been responding to Conquer Club innanity) so I didn't get to watch. I'm hoping there is a transcript I can read (like I did with the other debates).

The problem with the transcript, and something that I think you would particularly enjoy, is that you would miss Gary Johnson's...demeanor. It was excellent. And he was apparently feeling quite ill, which I didn't notice at all.
Last edited by Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:09 pm

I just saw a very interesting comment someone made. A perfect system would have Gary Johnson as President and Rocky Anderson as Governor of his state. That seems like a very nice place.

Postby GreecePwns on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:24 pm

Johnson was passionate, Alexander was articulate, Stein was agreeable, and Goode was on the stage as well.
Chariot of Fire wrote:As for GreecePwns.....yeah, what? A massive debt. Get a job you slacker.

Viceroy wrote:[The Biblical creation story] was written in a time when there was no way to confirm this fact and is in fact a statement of the facts.
Corporal GreecePwns

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:28 pm

GreecePwns wrote:Johnson was passionate, Alexander was articulate, Stein was agreeable, and Goode was on the stage as well.

This made me laugh. But in fairness, Goode was one honest sonuvagun.

Postby Woodruff on Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Ask and ye shall receive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=FEMi9-WZQqU

(I'd recommend skipping all the pre-debate bullshit.)

Postby Ray Rider on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:32 am

I skimmed through this the debate...I'll admit, I mostly stopped to listen whenever Gary Johnson was speaking. Rocky's presentation of himself and his beliefs was much better than Jill's imho; however they're both too left-wing for me mainly in terms of continuing unsustainable spending. My stance on issues is a cross between Gary Johnson and Virgil Goode, but Virgil quite obviously is not presidential material, so I'd support Gary. He is very passionate about his stand on issues and is able to clearly explain why drastic changes to the system must be made.
Highest score: 2221
Major Ray Rider

Postby Bones2484 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:57 pm

This thread got me to read about Rocky Anderson and I am very impressed. Thank you for the heads up.
Major Bones2484

Postby Woodruff on Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:18 pm

Bones2484 wrote:This thread got me to read about Rocky Anderson and I am very impressed. Thank you for the heads up.

AAAAADRIAAAAAAANNNNN!!!!!

Postby MegaProphet on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:12 pm

I've finally had a chance to watch the debate. It's refreshing to see candidates tell you where they stand without pandering to the voters esp. in Goode's case. I've got quite a bit of research to do on Anderson and Stein now
Corporal MegaProphet

Next

Return to Practical Explanation about Next Life,