Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day One

Postby rishaed on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm

betiko wrote:the guy said he knew there were no VTs in the game and is probably the first one to mention it. I think only humans could know at that point that there were no VTs. And the argument of "you're pissed means you are scum" is ridiculous. I think you get much more pissed when you are town and people build dumb cases on you and you get lynched. he will turn out human, I a sure about that.

True, but he refusing to claim from what I see from his last post. It true that i poured gas on the fire for pointing out that he hadn't posted even though he had been on, but I'm suspicious when ppl don't post when others are calling for their head and they don't respond. Sorry Elon if I ruined mafia for you, but i expect that in some games that might be used as an argument against me later.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby new guy1 on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:38 pm

I would just like to respond to doom by saying that I think you are town doom, for meta reasons, and that is why I am trusting your case, besides the fact its the best one we have today. Just saying.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby pancakemix on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:11 pm

betiko wrote:the guy said he knew there were no VTs in the game and is probably the first one to mention it. I think only humans could know at that point that there were no VTs. And the argument of "you're pissed means you are scum" is ridiculous. I think you get much more pissed when you are town and people build dumb cases on you and you get lynched. he will turn out human, I a sure about that.

Then he should have claimed. It's of no consequence now, because he decided not to claim, but to quit instead.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby vodean on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:54 pm

doom did not claim human VT. he claimed human. notice the color change, and that he said he wasnt VT. please answer the question doom. what is your alignment?
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby / on Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:50 pm

Final Vote Count:

spiesr (1) vodean
ghostly447 (2) - jonty125, soundman,
rishaed (1) - crazymilkshake5
thehippo8 (1) - Count Belisle
Commander9 (1) - Rodion
DoomYoshi (1) - LSU Tiger Josh
Victor Sullivan (1) - edocsil,
elonpuckhog (9) DoomYoshi, rishaed, spiesr, ghostly447, jak111, Iron Butterfly, lord voldemort, pancakemix, thehippo8,
No Lynch (3) Nendreel, safariguy5, betiko

12 to lynch or no lynch, deadline has been hit!

let's see what happens...

PS: cursing at people is for snake-god Yig, be civil!
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:32 pm

vodean wrote:doom did not claim human VT. he claimed human. notice the color change, and that he said he wasnt VT. please answer the question doom. what is your alignment?

Why ask me as opposed to the other humans?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby / on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:35 pm

It rises from the sea, foul, bubbling expansions of viscous glowing mucilage. As though abyssal swamps of primeval times swarm together in a torrent of rancorous adhesive. The creature looks like nothing resembling known life, and yet, upon looking into the eyes that float to the top, one cannot deny the dread of being in the cold gaze of a being epochs upon eras upon eons in the making.

It moves. its massive body larger than a freight train gallops upon the shore, its body continually changing shape, although seemingly having no structure beneath, the tremendous weight snaps the sturdy boardwalks like rice-paper, the resulting discord is muffled to near silence under the being monstrous body.

But this creature was not attacking, nay, it was fleeing...
the being's fell back into the deeps, not to be seen again.

show

Night One begins, you have until Tuesday to send in actions
Last edited by / on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Night One

Postby / on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:42 pm

REMINDER:
DO NOT POST AT NIGHT
DO NOT POST AFTER DEATH
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:56 pm

strike wolf replaces Count Belisle.
Night is delayed until tomorrow while I conduct an activity check.
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby / on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:31 pm

posted something I shouldn't have for a few seconds, if you saw this, please inform me so I can correct this... :oops:
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby thehippo8 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:45 pm

I saw nothing, promise ;-)
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby betiko on Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:51 pm

haven't seen it unfortunately! lol
ok guys, sorry going to catch my plane and will be back on the 5th. will try to find internet one of these days but i can't guarantee anything..
Major betiko

Postby / on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:40 pm

Many unknown creatures converged that night, amphibious humanoids walked upon land, seeking the means to free their master, winged creatures flew in from the stars beyond, and some in the minds of mankind, unseen by physical senses.
Most notably, the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth spread their wing-like appendages on the surface for the first time since the last ice age, their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air. A sleeping homeless man was their unfortunate target of choice tonight, they set upon him, their teeth blooming like flowers from their starfish-like heads.

show

With 24 alive, it takes 11 to lynch
Day Two begins!
Sergeant 1st Class /

Postby pancakemix on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:44 pm

I think the fact that Elon WAS lying was the most hilarious thing. :lol:

More later, I sleep now.
Epic Win

"Always tell the truth. It's the easiest thing to remember." - Richard Roma, Glengarry Glen Ross

aage wrote:Never trust CYOC or pancake.
Corporal 1st Class pancakemix

Postby Kanin Usagi on Wed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 pm

pancakemix wrote:I think the fact that Elon WAS lying was the most hilarious thing. :lol:

More later, I sleep now.

This^

So, does anyone have an idea what "Town Dreamer King" might be? I'm personally at a loss.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:59 pm

Well we learned two things. Firstly, it seems like mafia or anti town roles tend to be monsters. I suppose we could have some anti town human hybrids, but the flavor seems to indicate mostly monsters.

As for the dreamer king, I assume it has something to do with the other planes of existence. Monsters who cross over into our realm use portals. One of the ways we can fight back is to travel to their realm while asleep and fight them on their plane. Of course, this generally comes with the risk of losing one's sanity. I'd hazard a guess and say that soundman had some sort of night action that would help town. Not 100% sure though.
Captain safariguy5

Postby vodean on Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:20 am

Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES

boy, does that feel better.
now, does shoggoth count as town blue or as non-town not-blue? it was clearly a different color, but what of it? i did some research, but could not determine enough (due to my limited knowledge of lovecraft) to tell what alignment shoggoth would be.

as for doom, yesterday, i asked you to give us your alignment because i was looking for the info on you, to see if it could shed some light on the case you built.
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:50 am

vodean wrote:Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES

now, does shoggoth count as town blue or as non-town not-blue? it was clearly a different color, but what of it? i did some research, but could not determine enough (due to my limited knowledge of lovecraft) to tell what alignment shoggoth would be.

as for doom, yesterday, i asked you to give us your alignment because i was looking for the info on you, to see if it could shed some light on the case you built.

Why does it feel better saying what you said? You cant expect to say something, in this case an incantation to raise the dead (at least i believe it is from the Wiki though Kuranes is not included) and not expect to be questioned. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yog-Sothoth

I am curious Vodean, you keep speaking of alignment so who exactly do you think are the good guys and bad guys? The reason color was off because it was a seperate faction from traditional Town, Mafia, Third Party. seems to me its a fourth or maybe fifth party. Who knows.

With 25 players and 1 death it is obvious that cult is recruiting.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby Swifte on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:13 am

Iron Butterfly wrote:
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES

Why does it feel better saying what you said? You cant expect to say something, in this case an incantation to raise the dead (at least i believe it is from the Wiki though Kuranes is not included) and not expect to be questioned. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yog-Sothoth

Kuranes was the name of soundman's character that was killed in the night.. so this would appear to be a resurrection of soundman (or at least an attempt to do so).
Colonel Swifte

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:02 am

YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES

Ok, so now that we see that my case was 100% dead on, does it still matter to you?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:38 am

Slumber, watcher, till the spheres,

Night One wrote:amphibious humanoids walked upon land, seeking the means to free their master
Seems like a masoned group who have lost their leader. Probably third party, may win if they find their leader may become an SK group any other ideas?

Night One wrote:Most notably, the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth spread their wing-like appendages on the surface for the first time since the last ice age, their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air. A sleeping homeless man was their unfortunate target of choice tonight
I would say this is another mason group; possibly with a lyncher/lynchee mechanism?
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby jak111 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:40 pm

pancakemix wrote:I think the fact that Elon WAS lying was the most hilarious thing. :lol:

More later, I sleep now.

Check the scene.. I think Elon was painted purple for a reason. Hopefully / can varify whether or not he was supposed to be blue... Especially since no real roles are given in the scenes!

From what I take from my pm and probably others have similar pm's is that we are given a title or short descriptive words and our powers are put into a small abilities list. Although it'd be more useful to us having that info at least when they die :/
Highest Rank:
Major:2157

"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers"

Jak Eliminator: Prison Riot [0/16] *Sign Ups*
Private 1st Class jak111

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:43 pm

however it helps in some cases the scum/cult more than town. . . sorry i have to say it.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Postby Kanin Usagi on Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:56 pm

So far, no one has made the effort to post these connections yet, so I guess I'll bring it up.

From the night 1 scene, we get a bunch fairly vague statements about a ton of various things. BUT, we do get over very clear statement about the death scene:
Night 1 Scene wrote:the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth ... their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air.

That first bold, I will come back to later, but the second bold does indeed lend itself to a lyncher/lynchee mechanic present in the game. But who is the lyncher and who is the lyncher's target? Well, from the first bold we get "former masters and creators of the Shoggoth." Well with a little wiki magic...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/shoggoth wrote:The shoggoths were created by the Elder Things. Being amorphous, they could take on any shape needed, making them very versatile within their aquatic environment. Though able to "understand" the Elder Things' language, they had no real consciousness and were controlled through hypnotic suggestion.

The Elder Things are described by the wiki as being "vegetable-like in shape... they had a five-lobed brain... The technology that the Elder Things possessed was not described at length, but was described as being extremely advanced... The Elder Things are known to have warred against the star-spawn of Cthulhu, the Great Race of Yith, and the Mi-go."
So, we now know of at least two new parties: The Elder Things (Possible lyncher) and their "target." Although the wiki doesn't explicitly state who their target might be, it does have that nice passage about who they warred against: The star-spawn of Cthulhu, the Great Race of Yith, and the Mi-go, and one of these could indeed be the target. Which means we know we have at least four parties: humans/town, the Shoggoth (who may/may not be allied with the Elder Things), the Elder Things, and the target of the elder things. And we know that the elder things are the ones who killed soundman.

Oh, and Vodean? Were you attempting to revive soundman?
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby rishaed on Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:28 pm

show

Time to put my money where my mouth was. I still think you're our best lead today Vodean.

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives