Conquer Club

[Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Official]H.P. Lovecraft Mafia; Day Two

Postby thehippo8 on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:02 pm

@ Rishead ... you didn't vote.

Elon must be third party, IMHO. Assuming that is the case then he's not scum, so where does that leave us? Maybe Vode can shed some light on the situation?
ImageImageImage
show
Corporal 1st Class thehippo8

Postby strike wolf on Thu Oct 25, 2012 8:43 pm

Have to say reading this thread was quite entertaining. unfortunately due to doom's bold play, I have more town reads than evil reads. I think we're forgetting this is based off of multiple books. there are likely quite a few factions beyond the traditional ones.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby vodean on Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:49 pm

i have no information, other than that despite elong being non-town (dont want to say anti-town because im really not sure), doom is not town either. doom, please tell us your alignment
<NoSurvivors› then vote chuck for being an info whore
Sergeant vodean

Postby vodean on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:50 pm

Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES
Sergeant vodean

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:21 pm

vodean wrote:i have no information, other than that despite elong being non-town (dont want to say anti-town because im really not sure), doom is not town either. doom, please tell us your alignment

Survivor, just like every other human. What's your point? Why specifically pick me over the other humans to ask?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Kanin Usagi wrote:From the night 1 scene, we get a bunch fairly vague statements about a ton of various things. BUT, we do get over very clear statement about the death scene:
Night 1 Scene wrote:the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth ... their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air.
That first bold, I will come back to later, but the second bold does indeed lend itself to a lyncher/lynchee mechanic present in the game. But who is the lyncher and who is the lyncher's target? Well, from the first bold we get "former masters and creators of the Shoggoth." Well with a little wiki magic...
I am more than a little confused/concerned that your first assumption based on this info is that there is a lyncher mechanic in play. I don't understand why you would think this. When I read that they were searching for thier target, and then someone ending up dead, my first thoughts is that this points to a standard scum group, or at least something similar. I read the "target" as being the target of thier night action, nothing more. Why do you think otherwise? Also explain to me how you think such a group would work and why you would call is a "lyncher." Normally a lyncher would know who it's target is (not knowing makes the role not really playable) accordingly they lack the ability to simply kill the target themselves. As such the entire point of that role is that they are focred to arrange the death of a specific player (who they know) by other means. What you seem to be proposing seems like the exact opposite of that. Since the things you are suggesting are so far off base I am forced to consider the possibility that the only way you could come up with something as rediculous as this would be if it is at least partially true and you have insider info about it. So, FOS for that.
DoomYoshi wrote:
vodean wrote:i have no information, other than that despite elong being non-town (dont want to say anti-town because im really not sure), doom is not town either. doom, please tell us your alignment
Survivor, just like every other human. What's your point? Why specifically pick me over the other humans to ask?
So, contrary to your previous assertion of being the Vanilla Townie of this game you aren't actually town aligned at all?
vodean wrote:Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES
Mind telling us what you think you are doing?
Captain spiesr

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:49 am

I have no idea where people are getting the lyncher read. As I stated in my first post, I believe the mafia to consist of monsters. The death scene is indicative of that. Granted, most of my Lovecraft knowledge comes from the Arkham City Board Game, but Shoggoths are definitely not friendly towards humans. I'm pretty sure they're anti town if not outright mafia.
Captain safariguy5

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:54 am

spiesr wrote:
Kanin Usagi wrote:From the night 1 scene, we get a bunch fairly vague statements about a ton of various things. BUT, we do get over very clear statement about the death scene:
Night 1 Scene wrote:the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth ... their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air.
That first bold, I will come back to later, but the second bold does indeed lend itself to a lyncher/lynchee mechanic present in the game. But who is the lyncher and who is the lyncher's target? Well, from the first bold we get "former masters and creators of the Shoggoth." Well with a little wiki magic...
I am more than a little confused/concerned that your first assumption based on this info is that there is a lyncher mechanic in play. I don't understand why you would think this. When I read that they were searching for thier target, and then someone ending up dead, my first thoughts is that this points to a standard scum group, or at least something similar. I read the "target" as being the target of thier night action, nothing more. Why do you think otherwise? Also explain to me how you think such a group would work and why you would call is a "lyncher." Normally a lyncher would know who it's target is (not knowing makes the role not really playable) accordingly they lack the ability to simply kill the target themselves. As such the entire point of that role is that they are focred to arrange the death of a specific player (who they know) by other means. What you seem to be proposing seems like the exact opposite of that. Since the things you are suggesting are so far off base I am forced to consider the possibility that the only way you could come up with something as rediculous as this would be if it is at least partially true and you have insider info about it. So, FOS for that.

When I said that, I was merely building off a point jonty made:
jonty125 wrote:
Night One wrote:Most notably, the former masters and creators of the Shoggoth spread their wing-like appendages on the surface for the first time since the last ice age, their cilia extend and search for their target, and in a blinding speed they fly through the air. A sleeping homeless man was their unfortunate target of choice tonight
I would say this is another mason group; possibly with a lyncher/lynchee mechanism?

I didn't mean that it was an actual lyncher/lynchee mechanic; merely that they had to kill a certain target for them to win the game. I haven't been playing mafia long enough to know whether or not there is another standard type that attempts to kill a certain target but DOESN'T know who it is, so lyncher/lynchee (which jonty used first) was the closest thing I could think of. And I don't think its necessarily "anti-town." The wording was very specific: "search for their target." Singular. They're searching for a single person. Unless I'm reading a ton more into the night scene than I should be, that's what I'm seeing.

Fastposted by saf.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby lord voldemort on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:55 am

safariguy5 wrote:I have no idea where people are getting the lyncher read. As I stated in my first post, I believe the mafia to consist of monsters. The death scene is indicative of that. Granted, most of my Lovecraft knowledge comes from the Arkham City Board Game, but Shoggoths are definitely not friendly towards humans. I'm pretty sure they're anti town if not outright mafia.

Thats what I am getting from my quick skimming through wiki.
There is no doubt that this is the most confusing mafia game I have played and it is day 2.
I think the elder things are a faction that is anti town. Whether we have a true mafia as such is an unknown.
@kanin I think youre reading into it too much...I do not think a lyncher/lynchee mechanic is in place here. Its too random and frustrating to balance. And this game will be well balanced.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Kanin Usagi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:59 am

Sorry for the douple post, but also:
spiesr wrote:
vodean wrote:Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES
Mind telling us what you think you are doing?

Yeah, what the hell are you doing Vodean? Am I the only one seeing a weird pattern? First Doom confirms several times (Not saying you can't confirm more than once, just that it is ODD), now Vodean is repeating this weird message. Both Doom AND Vodean are acting strange, and also (funnily enough) Vodean is the one pressuring Doom still.
Commander9 wrote:
Rodion wrote:Vote Commander9 for being Commander9.

I am convinced by your argument.

Vote Commander9.
Private Kanin Usagi

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:15 am

ah, i got what i wanted out of doom. i just wanted you to know that his best interests are not necesarily those of the town.
Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES
Sergeant vodean

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:26 am

honestly speaking something here is off about the messaging.
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:40 am

rishaed wrote:honestly speaking something here is off about the messaging.

im not sure what you mean.

Y'AI'NG'NGAH
YOG-SOTHOTH
H'EE-L'GEB
F'AI THRODOG
UAAAH
KURANES
Sergeant vodean

Postby rishaed on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 am

. . . . If this keeps up without an explanation I might want something more than the slight possible softclaim that i thought i saw. Oh and Unvote
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:40 am

vodean has probably gone insane, in game.

However, I still don't understand your point, how am I any different from any of the other humans? Why single me out specifically? Because I led a successful day 1 case?

@spiesr: it is not quite a contradiction. I am the closest thing to a vanilla townie in this game. And I can become town at any time.

Jonty, did you go insane as well?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby jonty125 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:46 am

Six and twenty thousand years

As far I'm aware I'm not insane.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:47 am

jonty125 wrote:Six and twenty thousand years

As far I'm aware I'm not insane.

Then why are you starting every post with a weird saying?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:49 am

DoomYoshi wrote:However, I still don't understand your point, how am I any different from any of the other humans? Why single me out specifically? Because I led a successful day 1 case?

@spiesr: it is not quite a contradiction. I am the closest thing to a vanilla townie in this game. And I can become town at any time.
I think I know what Vodean was getting at with asking you specifically. (Now I am attempting to read Vodean's mind here so they may be completely off.) I think that he has the same role as you, or very close, (which you proposed yourself) accordingly he knew/assumed that your win condition was not the town win condition. As such, he already knew the answer but asked you specifically to force you to admit it. Am I in the right ballpark here Vodean?

Doom, what do you mean that you can become town at any time?
Captain spiesr

Postby jonty125 on Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:51 am

Have revolv'd, and I return

Wonderful Poem
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby vodean on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:02 am

the dead will rise, the dead will rise, tonight
the dead will rise

i do not believe myself to be insane.
spiesr, you are in the right ballpark, but the team does not play today, and you are wearing the wrong jersey. some of that is kinda right, but mostly notsomuch.
Sergeant vodean

Postby spiesr on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:23 am

vodean wrote:spiesr, you are in the right ballpark, but the team does not play today, and you are wearing the wrong jersey. some of that is kinda right, but mostly notsomuch.
Well then, you could just explain it yourself rather than making us guess...
Captain spiesr

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:45 am

spiesr wrote:
DoomYoshi wrote:However, I still don't understand your point, how am I any different from any of the other humans? Why single me out specifically? Because I led a successful day 1 case?

I think I know what Vodean was getting at with asking you specifically. (Now I am attempting to read Vodean's mind here so they may be completely off.) I think that he has the same role as you, or very close, (which you proposed yourself) accordingly he knew/assumed that your win condition was not the town win condition. As such, he already knew the answer but asked you specifically to force you to admit it. Am I in the right ballpark here Vodean?

Doom, what do you mean that you can become town at any time?

Alignments in this game are malleable. This is what happens when there are recruiters.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:49 am

Rodion: not posted yet today, likes to lay low until day 3, can we at least get an acknowledgment of the scene? Why didn't you vote for elon yesterday even though you supported the case?

Comm9: hopefully we get a post this weekend

Edoc: has probably been silenced. When I find out who did this, I will try and lynch them

Who else hasn't posted yet today?
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby edocsil on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:30 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:Rodion: not posted yet today, likes to lay low until day 3, can we at least get an acknowledgment of the scene? Why didn't you vote for elon yesterday even though you supported the case?

Comm9: hopefully we get a post this weekend

Edoc: has probably been silenced. When I find out who did this, I will try and lynch them

Who else hasn't posted yet today?

I am here. I was hoping to see some info before posting my thoughts, but it looks like it isn't happening. My action failed to go through, which I find to be highly annoying.

Beyond that I think it is safe to assume that anyone with a PR is not town, or at least insane due to being a human who foolishly used an "expensive" night action.

Vodean is insane due to actions during the night, and I have a vested interest I knowing the cost of insanity. (ie, can townies use their power without having a WC switch) I want to test this by hanging vode.

Vote Vodean
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby Nendreel on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:35 pm

Not much for me to add to. Looks like Vodean has gone insane (especially curious about the dead will rise tonight bit). Jonty may also be insane, but it looks more like a post restriction from him.
Sergeant Nendreel

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives