4chan is my hero

\\OFF-TOPIC// conversations about everything that has nothing to do with Conquer Club.

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

4chan is my hero

Postby Mr_Adams on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:17 pm

If you haven't heard, 4chan users started a rumor that Justin Beiber was diagnosed with cancer, and started a campaign called "Bald for Beiber".
Stupid fan girls are shaving their heads to "Support Justin, OHMAGAWD"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs_CGUVW1Xk
I am voting Republican now. The Democrats left a bad taste in my mouth -Monica Lewinski
User avatar
Lieutenant Mr_Adams
 
Posts: 1932
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:33 pm
Medals: 49
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (4) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Speed Achievement (2) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (3)
Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (8) Tournament Contribution (5)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:23 pm

Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:49 pm

Did you use a razor Symm or just a QuickClips job?
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3756
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:53 pm

2dimes wrote:Did you use a razor Symm or just a QuickClips job?


I have no preference while making myself a woman suit.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby 2dimes on Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:57 pm

Symmetry wrote:
2dimes wrote:Did you use a razor Symm or just a QuickClips job?


I have no preference while making myself a bald woman suit.

Hmmm.
User avatar
Corporal 2dimes
 
Posts: 3756
Joined: Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm
Location: Just out for a rip!
Medals: 6
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby john9blue on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:03 pm

Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.


seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Woodruff on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:13 pm

john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.


seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.


Me either. That being said, the rumor is that he's quite the self-satisfied little jerk. So that could be part of it.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff
 
Posts: 4881
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:15 am
Medals: 27
Standard Achievement (4) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (3)
Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Contribution (4)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby MeDeFe on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:17 pm

Yes, it's a fairly bad thing to do. I still can't help but find it amusing, like feeding seagulls at a crowded beach with laxatives.
saxitoxin wrote:Your position is more complex than the federal tax code. As soon as I think I understand it, I find another index of cross-references, exceptions and amendments I have to apply.
Timminz wrote:Yo mama is so classless, she could be a Marxist utopia.
User avatar
Major MeDeFe
 
Posts: 8098
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:48 am
Location: Follow the trail of holes in other people's arguments.
Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (1)
Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) General Achievement (3) General Contribution (7)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby MegaProphet on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:22 pm

john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.


seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.

I've never had anything against him, but his fans are quite annoying. Though not enough to really deserve this
User avatar
Corporal MegaProphet
 
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:12 pm
Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (2)
General Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby john9blue on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:35 pm

MegaProphet wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.


seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.

I've never had anything against him, but his fans are quite annoying. Though not enough to really deserve this


that's how it always is. the vast majority of a famous public figure's fans exemplify the figure's worst traits and lack the figure's good traits. the vast majority of them are stupider too. that is why they are fans.
natty_dread wrote:Do ponies have sex?
Army of GOD wrote:the term heterosexual is offensive. I prefer to be called "normal"
(proud member of the Occasionally Wrongly Banned)
User avatar
Captain john9blue
 
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 6:18 pm
Location: FlutterChi-town
Medals: 14
Standard Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2)
Speed Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (1) Tournament Achievement (1) General Achievement (3)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:01 pm

Woodruff wrote:
john9blue wrote:
Symmetry wrote:Emotionally vulnerable young girls with a crush get conned. Excuse me if i find this less than a triumph for the internet age.


seriously. i'm not a fan of bieber but i don't get why supposedly "tolerant" people hate him and everything he stands for with such a passion.


Me either. That being said, the rumor is that he's quite the self-satisfied little jerk. So that could be part of it.


Sure, but this wasn't targeted at him, but at the young girls who have a crush on him. That's the key difference. Bieber wasn't the target, it was a bunch of kids who had adolescent crushes. That's why it's nasty and manipulative.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:07 pm

It's interesting because the actions of some of his fans reflect a very high price which they pay to express their value of Bieber. Part of that value could be attributed to feelings of showing cancer-solidarity, but I imagine it has more to do with trying to identify with Beiber in a more meaningful way.


Also, this event serves as an opportunity for those diehard fans to learn to question what they read and hear.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:13 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:It's interesting because the actions of some of his fans reflect a very high price which they pay to express their value of Bieber. Part of that value could be attributed to feelings of showing cancer-solidarity, but I imagine it has more to do with trying to identify with Beiber in a more meaningful way.


Also, this event serves as an opportunity for those diehard fans to learn to question what they read and hear.


The kind of adolescent fandom among young girls experiencing their first crush ain't new. Beatlemania, Take That (in the UK), or any number of other crushes- it's part of growing up.

Exploiting teenage crushes for "lulz" seems crappy and cruel, especially if you're a 20 year old man like Mr Adams.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby BigBallinStalin on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:15 pm

Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:It's interesting because the actions of some of his fans reflect a very high price which they pay to express their value of Bieber. Part of that value could be attributed to feelings of showing cancer-solidarity, but I imagine it has more to do with trying to identify with Beiber in a more meaningful way.


Also, this event serves as an opportunity for those diehard fans to learn to question what they read and hear.


The kind of adolescent fandom among young girls experiencing their first crush ain't new. Beatlemania, Take That (in the UK), or any number of other crushes- it's part of growing up.

Exploiting teenage crushes for "lulz" seems crappy and cruel, especially if you're a 20 year old man like Mr Adams.


There are unintended good consequences. I guess you're a glass half-empty kinda guy.
User avatar
Colonel BigBallinStalin
 
Posts: 3602
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:23 pm
Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham
Medals: 48
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (1) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4)
Tournament Achievement (5) General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (10)

Re: 4chan is my hero

Postby Symmetry on Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:25 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
BigBallinStalin wrote:It's interesting because the actions of some of his fans reflect a very high price which they pay to express their value of Bieber. Part of that value could be attributed to feelings of showing cancer-solidarity, but I imagine it has more to do with trying to identify with Beiber in a more meaningful way.


Also, this event serves as an opportunity for those diehard fans to learn to question what they read and hear.


The kind of adolescent fandom among young girls experiencing their first crush ain't new. Beatlemania, Take That (in the UK), or any number of other crushes- it's part of growing up.

Exploiting teenage crushes for "lulz" seems crappy and cruel, especially if you're a 20 year old man like Mr Adams.


There are unintended good consequences. I guess you're a glass half-empty kinda guy.


Troll on, BBS.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Symmetry
 
Posts: 1752
Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:49 am
Medals: 2
Standard Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1)

Next

Return to Whose Forum is It Anyway?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Eddy_26, Phil1580 and 6 guests

Login